( search forums )
server descriptor
Soldat Forums - Soldat Fans - Fan Apps
rainrider
April 11, 2006, 1:46 pm
It is a php script that shows server informations in layout similar to soldat's one. All you have to do is speciy pathes to mapslist, weapons.ini & soldat.ini files and server ip, pass, port to let that script work properly. Aha, user should have installed Bank Gothic Light BT font in system.

All files can be downloaded there: http://rrhp.info/stuff/solinireader (you have to change extension .inc to .php).

Here are some screens..
[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

The exit button works only under Internet Explorer, I don't know why.

Deleted User
April 11, 2006, 1:50 pm
... That is awesomly awesome...

FliesLikeABrick
April 11, 2006, 4:41 pm
too bad he just got banned

Echo_Trail
April 11, 2006, 4:47 pm
Yeah, and as much as I respect your work here on forums, I don't think that's fair. So he uses hax, or has them on his computer. That sux, I agree. But it isn't for the soldatforums to decide. Banning him won't stop him from using them, right? And he's an active, good memebr on here, contributing with alot of great stuff like the above.

Anyway, Done is done. I just don't think that's the way you ought do it.

Sorry to go offtopic on this. Didn't wanna start an all new topic about it.

mar77a
April 11, 2006, 9:32 pm
ncie design

Da cHeeSeMaN
April 12, 2006, 6:45 pm
he got banned?

-VzX- Silverflame
April 12, 2006, 6:56 pm
i like his work :D dont make him banned :O dont u guys like his work too? (like this one for example?)

FliesLikeABrick
April 12, 2006, 7:32 pm
I love his work, I banned him because he broke the rules and the rules say he should have been banned. If I didn't ban him another admin would have.

Echo, you say that it isn't for the soldat forums to decide.... you're saying that we're not allowed to decide whether or not he should be banned for that ? ...

-VzX- Silverflame
April 12, 2006, 7:43 pm
im gonna try this but i need to know how to work everything before i download it 0_0

bja888
April 13, 2006, 1:41 am
For functionality, I think this script kicks butt. I don't like the look though...

Echo_Trail
April 13, 2006, 10:57 am
 Quote:Originally posted by FliesLikeABrick
Echo, you say that it isn't for the soldat forums to decide.... you're saying that we're not allowed to decide whether or not he should be banned for that ? ...

Well, yes and no. All in all, it's your forum, and you can ban people for whatever reason you want. I just don't think it's up to the Forum Admins/moderator's to decide what's right and wrong, nor to be the judge of soldat related issues. As I see it, the forums are meant to be a place where soldats get together and discuss things. Things like the issues above, ex.. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe keeping control of the crowd, and provide help to those who ask for it is the job of the mods. Not Punishing people for the way they behave. I'm not saying hacking is okay, I don't like it either, But it's not like he will stop because he gets banned on the forums, right?

EDIT: So yeah, you can ban him. I just don't think it's the right thing to do. Not many people(including myself) really understand this hole hacking concept. I think we need to open peoples eyes, and that's not done by just banning the guy. Not as I see it anyway.

bja888
April 13, 2006, 11:35 am
I agree that this forum is around for the soul purpose of discussing things that go inside and outside this game. But the form should be moded, and I trust the mods to decide peoples fates.

Look at it from this angle...
This forum represents all that is soldat. If someone sees a lot of spam and hacks they will not want to play the game. Even though some of us are pro we still need noobs to support this game. After all, if little kids did not want to play football the professionals would not get paid to play.

-VzX- Silverflame
April 13, 2006, 3:41 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by bja888I agree that this forum is around for the soul purpose of discussing things that go inside and outside this game. But the form should be moded, and I trust the mods to decide peoples fates.

Look at it from this angle...
This forum represents all that is soldat. If someone sees a lot of spam and hacks they will not want to play the game. Even though some of us are pro we still need noobs to support this game. After all, if little kids did not want to play football the professionals would not get paid to play.

i see your point there bja888
ontopic: read my previous posts please :)

FliesLikeABrick
April 13, 2006, 3:59 pm
Granted that it was my fault this thread got off-topic, can it please remain on-topic from now on? I believe bja888 represents the interests of Soldat, the admins, and MM fairly well in one quick post, so if you have any doubts please read his post until your mind goes numb.

Back to on-topic:

bja888
April 13, 2006, 4:16 pm
so what does this thing do? Just display the game stats via php with a soldat-like style sheet?

FliesLikeABrick
April 13, 2006, 9:33 pm
yep, and it looks pretty good too. Hopefully I'll find some time to try it out and post some thoughts on it

Leo
April 14, 2006, 8:15 am
Nice but it won't work if server and script are in different machines.

-VzX- Silverflame
April 14, 2006, 8:39 pm
im trying to get someones help here, 2 things..1: is there a help me file with it that tells me how to use it? and 2: is it relatively better than the original dedicated server?