Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
GAMEOVER
April 11, 2006, 6:53 pm
http://www.clickondetroit.com/entertainment/8614909/detail.html

thats real close to me..

rip

Eagles_Arrows
April 11, 2006, 6:56 pm
DUDE. he was one of my favorite D12 band members!... Now I don't feel like visitng Detroit anymore :(

damnnation
April 11, 2006, 7:03 pm
yay!
i hope KKK gets them all...

yes, i'm against popular hiphop/rap bands, that's why i'm a mean basterd, i hope thy all die...

GAMEOVER
April 11, 2006, 7:04 pm
your an idiot too bad you dont have 1/10th of the talent inside of you as this guy did

damnnation
April 11, 2006, 7:08 pm
there are over 10000more people that are better, and thy ain't even famous, that's why i hate famous rap/hiphopcrap, it ain't really rap/hiphop, go listen to some underground bands if you want real hiphop/rap...

Soulsnipa
April 11, 2006, 7:12 pm
real hip hop is [CENSORED] as hell...nothing exciting all boring

Eagles_Arrows
April 11, 2006, 7:19 pm
I personally do not appreciate hip hop either. I sometimes listen to Eminem and his crew, but that's pretty much it.

numgun
April 11, 2006, 8:25 pm
hip hop is really creative imo. for instance i cant make rhymes so easy, u gotta have talent for it. RESPECT 4 H1P H0PP4S!!!1
*$$$$BLING BLING$$$$*

_Mancer_
April 11, 2006, 8:29 pm
1 down 11 to go?

Deleted User
April 11, 2006, 8:48 pm
I think you'll need a tank to take down Bizarre. Of course, you could always just wait for his heart to give out.

/looks at watch

Annnyyyy minute now.

n00bface
April 11, 2006, 9:09 pm
yeah even damnation's ball-less "underground emo" collection is more interesting than D12.

_Mancer_
April 11, 2006, 9:14 pm
Yeah he used to listen to Taking back sunday and Fallout boy before they were cool. Don't mess with him.

The Geologist
April 11, 2006, 9:23 pm
Is he the fat one?

Fake edit: Oh...snap.

damnnation
April 11, 2006, 9:23 pm
...damn sellouts:@

Milkman Dan
April 11, 2006, 10:01 pm
Oh great, now record sales will go through the roof and he will become like 2pac and everyone will worship him.

Deleted User
April 11, 2006, 10:58 pm
Lmao, yeah, stupid rappers these days make up stupid songs. Propaganda gets money from them.
They can repeat words like 100x and people wont notice.

Exept Immortal Technique is real. I feel them. *download their songs* Download Cause of Death, and yeah just download... download... *whisper* download...

Deleted User
April 11, 2006, 11:32 pm
*sigh* Rap, my friends, is one of the worst things on the face of the earth.
Please, listen to something that dosen't make your ears bleed.
Something like Bleeding Through maybe?

GAMEOVER
April 12, 2006, 3:13 am
He was underground just like eminem was underground i use to listen to some of his stuff before he was anybody. Im from the detoit area, one of the reasons eminem and his group got so big was BECAUSE they were underground and went unnoticed for so long. You suburban punks dont have a clue what anything is go back to your sheltered lives. Meh, kids..

Deleted User
April 12, 2006, 3:18 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Sethamundo*sigh* Rap, my friends, is one of the worst things on the face of the earth.
Please, listen to something that dosen't make your ears bleed.
Something like Bleeding Through maybe?

I'll listen to heavy death metal and make my ears explode (then possibly bleed)

_Mancer_
April 12, 2006, 3:29 am
 Quote:Originally posted by GAMEOVERHe was underground just like eminem was underground i use to listen to some of his stuff before he was anybody. Im from the detoit area, one of the reasons eminem and his group got so big was BECAUSE they were underground and went unnoticed for so long. You suburban punks dont have a clue what anything is go back to your sheltered lives. Meh, kids..

Typical 'I KNEW THEM BEFORE THEY BECAME POPULAR' attitude. Just because some of us happened to be born outside of the ghetto prah-jects yo doesnt mean we can't tell what kind of music sucks and what kind is actually good in relation to the rest.

The Geologist
April 12, 2006, 3:35 am
So what's "actually" good then? By all means, enlighten the masses.

reckon
April 12, 2006, 3:46 am
 Quote:Originally posted by The GeologistSo what's "actually" good then? By all means, enlighten the masses.

Hip hop wise?
People under the stairs, caution, aesop rock, mf doom, del the funky homosapien, hieroglyphics, blah blah blaaaaah.

Deleted User
April 12, 2006, 3:53 am
 Quote:Originally posted by The GeologistSo what's "actually" good then? By all means, enlighten the masses.
Metal...
Bands like Bleeding Through and It Dies Today, Dark Halo, From Autumn To Ashes, some Saosin every now and then.

_Mancer_
April 12, 2006, 4:05 am

You can't say what is actually good because people have different tastes. It varies from person to person. When I mean actually good, I speak of talent wise, and I compare them to others of their type.. to try to spot laziness or a lack of talent. I won't lie, I do listen to some underground hip hop. I listen to some of it because there IS good music in every genre. I detest the people that are shoved into the Pop/Rap/MTV cycle because channels like MTV and VH1 totally force the whole teen-hiphop-pussy rock thing to make it seem like its the 'cool' thing to do. I have a sense of what sounds good and what doesnt, as do you and the people who like the music I seem to think sucks.

I won't mention all the other music I listen to because the thread would just turn around and slap me in the face because I can 100% guarantee that someone will have a problem with my music, as I will have a problem with your music, or that guy over there will have a problem with he/she's music. Its a personal preference rather than a set list of bands that are good and not good. Maybe I failed to mention that when I first posted.

Deleted User
April 12, 2006, 4:28 am
Aye Mancer, I agree to an extent.
Although I said metal, and that I hate rap, metal is just my favorite.
I also enjoy classical music too.
And the whole hating rap thing, ok so I don't "hate" it.
But I just don't like listening to it, the whole style of rap and hip-hop is just kind of "icky" to me, I honestly don't like it.

Captain Ben
April 12, 2006, 4:36 am
Bloody hell GameOver...
When someone disagrees with you, do you have to get all defensive and call them "kiddy"? Grow up.
I don't mind the occasional rap-ballad, but I don't often go out of my way to listen to it. I prefer hip hop songs like Eminem's, mainly because his rap songs aren't all about being a 'playa' and 'shooting niggas on a driveby'; whereas 50 Cent and his latest (or later) song, 'Hustler's Ambition' is a big [CENSORED] storm because it is about how tough and gangsta he is.
IMO, it doens't matter if you like a singer or band before or after they're famous.

But on a different note, why is MTV so hated? Is it because all they show is mainstream? I have no problem with it, because in Papua New Guinea, we only get the Asian broadcast of MTV which is pretty much my comedy channel here (If any of you have heard of the 'famous' Asian hip hop group, "Thaitanium" you'll know what I mean).

Anywho, I prefer emo music (sigh U_U) and metal, but whatever has a good beat and lyrics I like to check out from time to time.

n00bface
April 12, 2006, 4:53 am
Sethamundo, you failed to mention even one metal band.

lollercaust

Deleted User
April 12, 2006, 5:00 am
 Quote:Originally posted by n00bfaceSethamundo, you failed to mention even one metal band.

lollercaust
Well, it depends on what you mean.
If you're talking about Saosin, yes I know that they aren't really metal, but I meant that I listened to them sometimes.
Or were you saying that you've never heard of them?
Or were you merely saying that you don't like any of them and don't consider them metal?

Milkman Dan
April 12, 2006, 6:28 am
 Quote:Originally posted by SethamundoMetal...
Saosin.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

n00bface
April 12, 2006, 7:05 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Sethamundo Quote:Originally posted by n00bfaceSethamundo, you failed to mention even one metal band.

lollercaust
Well, it depends on what you mean.
If you're talking about Saosin, yes I know that they aren't really metal, but I meant that I listened to them sometimes.
Or were you saying that you've never heard of them?
Or were you merely saying that you don't like any of them and don't consider them metal?

I'm saying plain and simply that they are not metal!

frogboy
April 12, 2006, 8:19 am
Most of them are hardcore/metalcore, which is to metal what rap is to music.

damnnation
April 12, 2006, 11:10 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Sethamundo Quote:Originally posted by The GeologistSo what's "actually" good then? By all means, enlighten the masses.
Metal...
Bands like Bleeding Through and It Dies Today, Dark Halo, From Autumn To Ashes, some Saosin every now and then.

from autumn to ashes > metal/hardcore/screamo
saosin > emo/screamo/alternative

Deleted User
April 12, 2006, 12:17 pm
GO SCREAMO!
and gameover why so stupid? and wtf is d12! o nvm i heard a song from them like 3 years ago, someting like purple pills or hills, wasnt that bad actually :) kinda catchy i must say.........

GAMEOVER
April 12, 2006, 1:58 pm
Ben: I have the right to get irritated when people make comments about stuff they dont even know a thing about, proof was eminems mentor. He pushed eminem to become what he is today and was the back bone of the group D12. They were underground for YEARS. Eminem now is without a doubt the best lyrically out there. I know a lot because im from the Detroit area and have saw them in their underground days. Proof acted like a normal everyday person you would see him in clubs and hed be cool with everyone not act like hes up above em like a lot of them.

Mancer: You can listen to anything you like who cares what people think.. all I did was fill you (and others) in on why its blown up all over the news and why his death in particular is a big deal.

Dasco: nuuuube .

Soulsnipa
April 12, 2006, 3:10 pm
Well I hade most underground 'hip-hop' like talib kweli, nas, mos def, ghostface, etc. These guys dont repeat the same lines and have tons of talent, but their music is boring.

However the newest hip hop may be ridiculous and repeat the same words over but it is exciting and fun to dance to. Examples: Paul Wall, T.I., Three Six Mafia, Juelz Santana, Ying Yang Twins etc. etc.

Deleted User
April 12, 2006, 8:43 pm
the pussy cat dolls are pretty cool rappers!

Deleted User
April 12, 2006, 9:23 pm
*sigh* guys i KNOW saosin is not metal, all i was emplying was that i simply listen to them from time to time...
and about all the screamo/metalcore/hardcore...call it whatever you want i could care less...i shoulda known i woulda got [CENSORED]ed at for posting anything onpinionated in this topic.. :
*EDIT*: *leaves topic for good to prevent an arguement*

The Geologist
April 12, 2006, 10:50 pm
Drama queen.

n00bface
April 12, 2006, 11:20 pm
yes you will get [CENSORED]ed at, especially when you declare your silly teen angst bands metal :(