April 12, 2006, 5:45 am
9 hours for polygons
3 hours for shading
6 hours for scenery placement
1 hour for spawns/colliders/finishing touches
1 hour for testing
Total 20 Hours

I think it looks allright...

I might redo the water because the map doesn't look as evil as I wanted it to.

[IMAGE]

Download

Update:

For those of you who don't like the dark setting, I've created Ctf_Cold Feet. It is primarily the winter themed counterpart of Ctf_Lypse with a few improvements. I hope you like it.

[IMAGE]

Download

vash763
April 12, 2006, 7:08 am
Took you forever.

Looks good though, I like the atmosphere.

Cookie.
April 12, 2006, 11:02 am
I like it alot, the shading style is very effective with the texture and colours you used.
Just a question though you say its water but... its red? :P Does it kill you or is it just suppose to be red water

Deleted User
April 12, 2006, 4:48 pm
20 hours? Took you way 2 long.
The layout is cool.
Eye candy and gameplay are well balanced.

Eagles_Arrows
April 12, 2006, 4:54 pm
Pros:
> Nice poly work
> Good layout

Cons:
> Lotsa space in the mid of map.

Leo
April 12, 2006, 5:41 pm
I like this map. Added at my CTF server.

Keron Cyst
April 12, 2006, 6:00 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Cookie.I like it alot, the shading style is very effective with the texture and colours you used.
Just a question though you say its water but... its red? :P Does it kill you or is it just suppose to be red water
It used to be blue until a bunch of soldaten fell into it and were impaled on the spiky rocks underneath. It's shallow ;-)

Nice map. It's a bit dark for my taste IMO.

Soulsnipa
April 12, 2006, 6:10 pm
that took you 3 hours to shade? ....wtf technique do you use?...that should take 45 minutes tops I would think.

Pride
April 12, 2006, 7:18 pm
I just had a lot of trouble getting the right colors, It either seemed to light or too dark. It shouldn't have taken me as long though.

Raptor
April 13, 2006, 12:07 am
The map is really really nice, but I think that scenery doesn't look good (the read one) x__X

The Geologist
April 13, 2006, 12:09 am
This is a really nice map...I gotta say, you're one of my favorite new mappers. The middle island in particular looks awesome, I like the 3d feel. A bit red for my tastes, but for the theme it works.

jrgp - 20 hours for a map is trivial. When you make good maps then you'll know how long it can take.

DeMonIc
April 17, 2006, 9:36 pm
I dislike your water. Looks odd. But I'm still shoving this to quality maps.

Deleted User
May 1, 2006, 11:51 am
wrong map file was included in ctf_cold feet
it was still the ctf_Lypse