( search forums )
Sniper Scope
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
jimmy7512
April 12, 2006, 5:31 pm
I was thinking maybe the sniper scope could be a new secondary weapon and that it could be selected when you choose a gun. It can be equipped for any gun except the barret because the barret already has a scope or the scope could be taken away from the barret. How you would use the sniper scope ? You would switch to secondary and then press fire, it would then show your player equipping it to your primary weapon and then you could see 1/3 or 2/3 of the screen when you are crouching or prone, also you could see your weapon with the scope on when you move, I know there are gonna be some disagreements but it's better for me to see them so that I can see why you disagree and from all perspectives, so please do post your opinions !!!

Deleted User
April 12, 2006, 6:14 pm
interesting...

Da cHeeSeMaN
April 12, 2006, 6:42 pm
mp5 with scope? d'eagles with scope? ... er er er minigun with scope???? xD xD XD

Eagles_Arrows
April 12, 2006, 6:54 pm
No No No...scope would be pretty useless for certain weapons. I like the binoculars idea better.

rabidhamster
April 12, 2006, 7:07 pm
Binoculars rule...

jimmy7512
April 12, 2006, 7:15 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Da cHeeSeMaNmp5 with scope? d'eagles with scope? ... er er er minigun with scope???? xD xD XD

Ah, yes I see your point it would be silly and I guess the binoculars idea is much better and useful, but what about if only the USSOCOM had the scope ?
[IMAGE]

Eagles_Arrows
April 12, 2006, 7:29 pm
still sounds silly. I've never seen one irl that actually has a scope (and for a good reason xP)

Rhombus
April 12, 2006, 7:47 pm
most handguns cannot use a scope, because of the slider... It's practically impossible, although the ruger mark III does have one. But imagine looking through a scope, attached to a USSOCOM. you pull the trigger and BAM, it blasts your eye out...

Zero72
April 12, 2006, 7:58 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Da cHeeSeMaNmp5 with scope? d'eagles with scope? ... er er er minigun with scope???? xD xD XD
That was the first thing I thought, too. You might as well put a scope on the chainsaw while you're at it.

a-4-year-old
April 12, 2006, 8:25 pm
i think that this would overpower spray more,
1. encouraging camping for less bink
2. aim down sights and spray them

i think it is stupid.

jimmy7512
April 12, 2006, 9:16 pm
ok then how about when you are aiming with the laser sight the laser sight would show up on the body part of the player you are aiming at ?

Eagles_Arrows
April 12, 2006, 9:25 pm
What laser sight? Another suggestion?

Don't you already have Sniper Line?

Keron Cyst
April 12, 2006, 11:18 pm
That Ruger scope is insanely huge. The scope is more than 3X bigger than the barrel. And yea, just red-tinge the sniper line...

Echo_Trail
April 12, 2006, 11:34 pm
'tis stupid. 'tis all stupid...

Besided the bayonet idea, but it's been here a billion time allready, and no one pays any attention to it. It's a really cool idea though. I mean, if you choose knife as secondary, and it would automatically be used as a bayonet? That would be awesome.. but as i said, 'tis stupid.

shoover
April 13, 2006, 12:12 am
 Quote:Originally posted by rabidhamsterBinoculars rule...

No they dont, its a pointless secondary weapon.

bond_james_bond
April 13, 2006, 12:25 am
It'd be nice if it could be put only on specfic weapons. It's basically like taping a pair of binoculars onto your gun =)

But the scope can't have much range.

Swarmer
April 13, 2006, 1:07 am
MP5s can have scopes, so can pistols.

bond_james_bond
April 13, 2006, 2:31 am
My philospohy: Any gun can have a scope;

Quote:Originally posted by bond_james_bondIt's basically like taping a pair of binoculars onto your gun =)

So I back this idea ... 70% maybe?

zyxstand
April 13, 2006, 3:13 am
no!
wtf is the points of scopes on guns that are so insanely affected by gravity (invented by Isaac Newton)???
the only reason it's good for the sniper is cuz u can actually use the extra distance to aim more percisely.
binoculars on the other hand are more useful as they prove a more realistic effect, namely to simply see further...

conclusion:
scope - no
binoculars - maybe

person
April 13, 2006, 3:51 am
Also, doesn't the camera follow each bullet fired from the gun when using the scope?

How would that work while using a scoped auto?

Swarmer
April 13, 2006, 4:55 am
well, scopes aren't always used to zoom in. A lot of 1x scopes have uses. On pistols and SMGs, guns that you don't expect to be fired at good distances, scopes can be equiped with a red dot sight. It basically has a light thing that projects a red dot on the center of the glass of the scope. This makes it really easy to aim: just glance through the scope and keep the red dot on the target. This is much quicker and easier than focusing on iron sights.

But he labeled them "sniper scope". They should be labeled "optic sight" or something general so a red dot sight could be implied.

Pyroguy
April 13, 2006, 11:38 am
Well, I would atleast like an option in the weapons.ini for the weapon to have a scope or sniper line (so you could turn sniper line off for certain guns). This wouldn't serve much use for the regular Soldat, but I would love it for a mod. The Bayonnet idea sounds cool too, but you could also achieve this through the weapons.ini by adding a secific melee damage variable and range to each weapon, and a custom .poa for each one (and a variable if you should melee with it at all; namely, the shotgun). But again, I don't see much use for it in the regular Soldat; just a gift to modders.

jimmy7512
April 13, 2006, 2:19 pm
ok, another idea, how about we add the option for Desert Eagles, when you select the desert eagles you have the option to choose dual desert eagles or just one with a scope ? another idea you can select either more grenades or medikits as a secondary ? so that when you switch to secondary and you are low on nades press fire and it would replenish your nades, same with medikits, press fire and it would replenish your health, many times there have been where I am being sprayed I run away to find a medikit but there are none left the sprayer finds me and finishes me off man :(.

Chilli
April 13, 2006, 2:54 pm
Go binoculars

Eagles_Arrows
April 13, 2006, 3:25 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by jimmy7512ok, another idea, how about we add the option for Desert Eagles, when you select the desert eagles you have the option to choose dual desert eagles or just one with a scope ? another idea you can select either more grenades or medikits as a secondary ? so that when you switch to secondary and you are low on nades press fire and it would replenish your nades, same with medikits, press fire and it would replenish your health, many times there have been where I am being sprayed I run away to find a medikit but there are none left the sprayer finds me and finishes me off man :(.

...No.

Deleted User
April 13, 2006, 4:44 pm
Ruger with scope will be nice!

jimmy7512
April 13, 2006, 6:12 pm
How about if we had a minimap on the bottom right hand side of the screen and you could see your own teammates in CTF matches ?