( search forums )
Whatever happened to that one map...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
shoover
April 13, 2006, 12:16 am
Did anyone remember that one map where its located in a toxic waste dump or something, where if u and get the flag under the platform, u get damaged.

Im sure it got removed or something but, seriously, i missed that map [cries]It was so awesome![/cries]

Cookie.
April 13, 2006, 12:24 am
Ctf_Chernobyl

vash763
April 13, 2006, 12:27 am
It wasn't that bad.

The map I miss is Shau. No one ever plays it.

rabidhamster
April 13, 2006, 12:54 am
I play Shau all the time!

Cookie.
April 13, 2006, 2:56 am
Oh and btw the reason it was removed was because alot of people didn't like it and it slowed down their game due to the large graphics in the background... Personally it was one of my favourite maps... I think tha_doggfather made it you might be able to find it in the maps archives

vash763
April 13, 2006, 4:21 am
Twas a good map.

bja888
April 13, 2006, 4:23 am
storm FTW!!!

Cookie.
April 13, 2006, 4:33 am
 Quote:Originally posted by vash763Twas a good map.

Wtf is wrong with you posted the same comment practically twice

mar77a
April 13, 2006, 4:36 am
mmm, and crashed?

Swarmer
April 13, 2006, 4:45 am
This is how you play ctf_chernobyl: Get a barrett/ruger. Go to one end of the hall way. Align cursor parallel to the ground. Click repeatedly. Chuckle as large red letters populate the screen.

GNU
April 13, 2006, 5:21 am
Coincidentally, that is also the same course of action to follow if you wish to be lame.

vash763
April 13, 2006, 6:50 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Cookie. Quote:Originally posted by vash763Twas a good map.

Wtf is wrong with you posted the same comment practically twice

My first post said I liked Shau, my second post was agreeing with you jeez

Echo_Trail
April 13, 2006, 10:47 am
 Quote:Originally posted by rabidhamsterI play Shau all the time!

As do I.

I never really liked Chernobyl, though. For some reason my computer always lagged if i went through low path. No problem high, but low it sucked.

a-4-year-old
April 13, 2006, 1:39 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Cookie.Ctf_Chernobyl

i think i have it, im gonna go check right now!

edit dont have it but i have all of the custom seneries :(
somebody download 1.2.1 and find it.

lithium
April 13, 2006, 1:58 pm
Chernobyl was a fun map. There was a lot of crying about it though which I assume is the reason it was removed.

BooBoo McBad
April 13, 2006, 2:02 pm
That map really sucked in my opinion, I remember the lag from the graphics and the two or more miniguns on each side spraying the top, and others doing the same on the roof tops. Even then if you surpassed all of this, you would be wounded, then go under the platform and get injured(if not killed) by the toxic waste, then others would respawn and attack(spray) you and you\'d die. HURA!

Deleted User
April 13, 2006, 5:25 pm
I miss crashed...

I still have them all since I just use patch :/

Swarmer
April 13, 2006, 5:39 pm
yeah, crashed was awesome. Why'd they remove it?

rabidhamster
April 13, 2006, 6:39 pm
Old B2B

XenocidE
April 13, 2006, 7:37 pm
I did like ctf_Crashed. It was one of the maps I looked forward to playing when it came up in public servers. ctf_Chernobyl wasn't bad, except for how people played it.

ctf_Death2 is going to be the next map that should definently be removed. ctf_Death isn't bad either, but i think it has to much of a vertical drop.

rabidhamster
April 13, 2006, 8:19 pm
It seems that a lot of maps don't even last one version :P

I would play Death2 if it had waypoints on the top route.

April 13, 2006, 8:34 pm
Crashed was a horrible horrible map. It was way too big, and the spawn points were just silly.

shoover
April 13, 2006, 11:25 pm
i think it had left the map pack of 1.3.1, i dont see it. But i knew that the old 1.2 in me asked that question. What would you rate the map out of 10?

mar77a
April 13, 2006, 11:30 pm
9, it had a nice 3 way mid part with all the bridges and stuff, like a bigger version of kampf

bja888
April 13, 2006, 11:49 pm
If you guys really want it. I have been keeping archives of all my files for the past 2years. And I'm sure that map will be in one of my pre-format back-ups. I'll dig for it if you want.

XenocidE
April 14, 2006, 12:07 am
I have the map, but I think this is starting to turn into a thread about missing all the old maps that were in previous versions that we liked and didn't like. But I agree with mar77a, it was one of the better maps of that time period. I might have to go and just play on that map tonight for the hell of it.

100 percent Cotton
April 14, 2006, 1:15 am
I still play 1.2.1, so we still have Crashed and Chernobyl.
Chernobyl is best with a spas, because close up in the lower section you just blow people apart.
If you hover when you go down to capture the flag and score, you don't get hurt.

Crashed is awesome, I like short maps better though.

Deleted User
April 14, 2006, 3:46 am
 Quote: It seems that a lot of maps don't even last one version :P

I would play Death2 if it had waypoints on the top route.

I find comments like this one (In the map forum) pretty funny. Do people actually play with bots? People say "Omg wheres the waypoints" when someone releases a good map... I cant imagine anyone playing soldat with bots when you can play online.

As far as Death2 is concerned, its a decent layout except for the pathetic amount of polygon bugs top route. I mean... if your going to release a new map.. atleast check for poly bugs..

Chernobyl is a retarded map, Crashed was good, I dont understand why Crashed was removed and something like Death2 was added in its place.

shoover
April 14, 2006, 3:56 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Poop[quote]
Chernobyl is a retarded map, Crashed was good,

Chernobyl was just limited on style, lithium was right, there was alot of crying.

Mr. Domino
April 15, 2006, 11:12 pm
Chernobyl definitely comes across as a camper friendly map with the long spawn tunnel and towers and bunkers capping a pretty open field. I didn't mind that too much though since it just seemed like Death to me in that way (not the camping aspect, but rather the good chance of dying a lot on the map).

Flying_Dutchman
April 17, 2006, 5:58 pm
I loved Chernobyl. It was a really good RS map. A shame it is removed.