( search forums )
Making a new mod
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Modding help
adarius
April 13, 2006, 6:55 am
Ok I'm going to create my first mod and I'm asking for help. Anyone that is pretty good with graphics, help would be greatly appreciated. I'm going to try to create a Kingdom Hearts close combat mod.

I can set up the weapons file so that the weapons do what they should. I ran into a mental block though, I was thinking of using the main weapons for keyblades....but then I'm not sure what to use the secondaries for (ideas for the secondaries welcome, just PM me). I need to know if anyone could help me out by creating, or at least tutoring me, on making Keyblade graphics so that they will look close enough.

Keys I've chosen for main weaps:

Kingdom Key
Ultima
Oathkeeper
Oblivion
Three Wishes
Fairy Harp
Olympia
Divine Rose
Lionheart
Pumpkinhead

Please help me out, post if you're interested!

numgun
April 13, 2006, 12:20 pm
close combat? then u should put the speed really low in the WM's...

Eoi
April 15, 2006, 3:52 pm
No, you can't make close-combat mods.
I made one, but because of the Soldat engine it doesn't work very well.
Here's why.:
You set the weapon type to chainsaw for close combat. But it still fires an invisible bullet. The speed determines its distance. So a low speed would be for close combat, and for bows you'd make it a normal gun, or arrow.
The problem is that if you have a sword and you are next to someone you kill them, however if you are above them but they are 10 screens away, the bullet will fall (due to gravity) and hit them in the head, its still a kill.

Bows can't be create very well either because of the way the character holds his gun. The top left pixel is at his shoulder in most cases. that means that a bow will held VERY wierdly.

My suggestion if you still want to create this mod is. Have a short sword (which you can throw) this would replace the knife. Instead of the chainsaw make a broadsword. Then make gun number 9 a bow (this is the best gun to replace to make a bow in my opinion) but remember, it has to be short. And make a crossbow, since a crossbow looks like a gun you can replace any gun with that.

In my mod I also made a throwing spear. Make the gun invisble, make the clip a spear, then have the bullet type normal and make the bullet look like that spear. Only one ammo per clip. He will shoot, the clip will dissappear and the bullet will fire. He won't carry the spear over his shoulder (unless its a law) but it still looks reasonable. Sorry to spoil the mod, but it can't be done well...yet.

adarius
April 16, 2006, 5:05 am
I know the limitations of this game, so far anyways. I did not say the mod would be perfect. But I would still like to make it, and improve it, as more versions of soldat are released. I think this will both attract kingdom hearts fans and soldat fans alike.

Scratch that, I'm going to postpone the Kingdom Hearts close combat mod. I will be working on a mod called Suicidal Soldat. Please contact me through the Private Messaging if you would like to help. A forum will be up hopefully within the next week, and a homepage somewhere between 1 week and 1 month (I have a ton of school work to handle too).

peemonkey
April 16, 2006, 6:02 am
Have you read the rules yet? Your sig is way too massivly big, it needs to be changed.
EDIT: and good luck on the mod