( search forums )
i got portable soldat
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
-VzX- Silverflame
April 13, 2006, 4:01 pm
......on my laptop (thought u were gonna say WTF OMG) ROFL

ontopic: i just wanted to know your guys opinions on desktop pc soldat vs laptop (no external mouse) soldat :D

bja888
April 13, 2006, 4:14 pm
1) the mouse problem
2) the video card problem

-VzX- Silverflame
April 13, 2006, 4:23 pm
whats wrong with both of those bja88? alittle friendly explanation wont hurt ;)

bgretydews
April 13, 2006, 4:25 pm
You cant put video cards in laptops

FliesLikeABrick
April 13, 2006, 4:26 pm
I play soldat on my laptop all the time... just plug in an external mouse and buy a laptop that doesn't have ass for a video card. Mine came with an ATI Radeon 9600 Pro, it plays all my games at very high settings just fine.

Deleted User
April 13, 2006, 5:25 pm
Worthless w/o an external mouse.

GAMEOVER
April 13, 2006, 5:37 pm
OMFG im on onboard video and play Soldat. You do not need a vid card for soldat if you buy a vid card just for Soldat, no offense, but you are a moron.

Denacke
April 13, 2006, 6:59 pm
You basically started the same thread a few days ago.

http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=32518&whichpage=1

You have made your discussions about laptop and desktop often enough. I hereby ask you to stop making laptop vs desktop related threads.

Judge_Man
April 13, 2006, 8:37 pm
I think it was kazuki a long time ago, when he was in vacation somewhere or something. He was playing with no external mouse on a laptop and after a couple days, there wasn't much of a difference with when he played with his desktop computer. But Kazuki owns w/e the situation so, I don't know about you.

shoover
April 13, 2006, 11:32 pm
I remember when i first played this, it was on laptop, i went like 2-26 or something lol

-VzX- Silverflame
April 14, 2006, 9:22 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by DenackeYou basically started the same thread a few days ago.

http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=32518&whichpage=1

You have made your discussions about laptop and desktop often enough. I hereby ask you to stop making laptop vs desktop related threads.

actually almost a month ago......no one got to the point there...here, people are actually on topic.. and i agree with what flies said cept i hate external mouses for some reason... i stick with touchpad ^_^ (i guess its harder for some..i dunno)

Koon
April 14, 2006, 10:58 pm
Soldat isn't exactly a graphic intesive game, A laptop with a usb mouse works just fine.

-VzX- Silverflame
April 15, 2006, 8:25 am
yep koons right! but i tried an external mouse....i did terrible, i better stick with the touchpad ;)

UltraMagnus
April 15, 2006, 8:41 am
heh, you really do need an external mouse

actually that reminds me i need to get a crossover cable.

shoover
April 15, 2006, 10:43 pm
Is it possible for a computer (probably is) to read if an external mouse is plugged into another computer.

Camping_Carl
April 17, 2006, 11:36 pm
i think it would work well on the. ds cause then you could just get perfect shots everytime with the el barret0!

Deleted User
April 18, 2006, 1:06 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by bja8881) the mouse problem
2) the video card problem

Then how did that guy (sorry, I forgot who it was) play on his PSP?

shoover
April 20, 2006, 9:08 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Dezonus

he didnt, he just pretended he could.

Unlucky 13
April 21, 2006, 6:50 am
I've tried with the touch-pad, myself, and I really didn't go well. Not only that, but my mum's laptop (the one I tried it on) has the buttons BELOW the touch-pad, but that can be fixed by changing shoot to space or an equivelant.

Why did I find it so hard? Probably the lack of 2-hands to use (thumbing the touch-pad didn't help all that much either) and the lack of a full-size keyboard, so WASD gets a little harder to play.

Quote:he didnt, he just pretended he could.
Kazuki, you mean? That was funny when people found out. "Oh, I knew that you didn't RALLY have it working"

a-4-year-old
April 21, 2006, 12:58 pm
i can just imagine you with your laptop sitting in a corner shouting NO! UP! UP! OH THAT WAS LAG NOOB! while flicking your little pad trying to click on the ak 74 button.

-VzX- Silverflame
April 21, 2006, 6:52 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Unlucky 13I've tried with the touch-pad, myself, and I really didn't go well. Not only that, but my mum's laptop (the one I tried it on) has the buttons BELOW the touch-pad, but that can be fixed by changing shoot to space or an equivelant.

Why did I find it so hard? Probably the lack of 2-hands to use (thumbing the touch-pad didn't help all that much either) and the lack of a full-size keyboard, so WASD gets a little harder to play.

Quote:he didnt, he just pretended he could.
Kazuki, you mean? That was funny when people found out. "Oh, I knew that you didn't RALLY have it working"

my buttons are also below the though pad.. heres how i play
1: left hand fingers using all the necessary buttons: reload, talk, switching, movement,
2: left hand thumb: used to shooting
3: right hand: aiming, jets, and using the other taunts i cant reach with my left hand XD

my hands are long so it doesnt bother me to use the touchpad. Try it for awhile, u never know, u might be better with it :S

-VzX- Jbigz
April 22, 2006, 10:23 am
wierd configuration... i move, type, taunt and everything of that nature with my left hand, and with my right (the mouse), i shoot and throw grenades, and rocket jump. yeah.

Deleted User
April 22, 2006, 1:31 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by shoover Quote:Originally posted by Dezonus

he didnt, he just pretended he could.

Then why do I have a movie clip of him playing it?