( search forums )
we need better menus..
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Deleted User
April 13, 2006, 9:38 pm
new better looking menus wouldn't hurt, so why not?
that is one of the unchanged things in soldat, and they are boring.

bja888
April 14, 2006, 9:50 am
I agree. Dont need anythign too exciting, just something a little batter.

Deleted User
April 14, 2006, 8:45 pm
i mean like some eyecandy.. maybe a demo running in the background or something.. or a picture or a animation..

Echo_Trail
April 14, 2006, 8:57 pm
oh...

Yeah, that be cool. There could be a small demo running in the back, kind of like a banner. We could all send in a small demo of ourselfs playing, and a "demo of the week" would be chosen? This would be cool.

--Jake--
April 14, 2006, 10:46 pm
Yay the first person who I known who has played the N Game. Anyways ontopic. I think maybe just afew different colours (maybe self customizable) and you can insert your own images/videos yourself. Then atleast there could be another forum thread on here for user sent video's/pics so we can all share our backgrounds.

Raptor
April 15, 2006, 3:02 am
I agree with this...

Deleted User
April 15, 2006, 3:29 am
I most definitly agree to this.
Hey wait, mayby mm could code something up and give us the option to customize our own menus.

Darth
April 15, 2006, 1:12 pm
Yeah I also definately agree with this idea, the menu's are looking abit "old" and too plain, although simple. I think that they should be made to look better

Deleted User
April 15, 2006, 1:13 pm
yep.. for a growing world wide multiplayer game, it sure has menus that suck, and it dosn't give a possitive first impression.

Deleted User
April 15, 2006, 3:11 pm
I agree i think this is good idea!

a-4-year-old
April 15, 2006, 9:31 pm
CHOOSABLE SKINNS FOR PEOPLE WHO PAID THE 9 BUCKS!

like the interface options there should be mods for it!

BooBoo McBad
April 15, 2006, 10:44 pm
I agree, power to the registered!

jettlarue
April 17, 2006, 7:37 pm
i think that the registered guys idea is good. but maybe have a .xml file for it so you could just change stuff like <menu type="1" value="Start Game" /> to somethin else easily, instead of having a brand new file type. and also, the menus need to be reprogrammed, they are slow to change on some systems and when i use WINE on linux to play soldat(when i tried) the onhide and onshow elements got errors in them. so i only got into a 1player game once because of the menu system :(. i think for a default, it should keep the blue and green scheme, but the buttons should look more.....streamlined. instead of big blocks all over :).

all the best-Mr. T

UltraMagnus
April 17, 2006, 8:29 pm
just having a random bot battle in the background would be cool

Echo_Trail
April 17, 2006, 9:08 pm
you know, until this point I actually thought we were talking about the forums :/

Anyway, i'm with ya on the (game)menus. I don't think it's for MM to make though. It could be modded by anyone just as well, right?
It might just 'sell' the game a little easier, though.

a-4-year-old
April 23, 2006, 11:34 pm
hate to bring up an "old topic" but this one isnt too old,

i still think that the registered should have the ability to mod the interface, all MM needs to do is give the people the ability and we will make the mods ourselves, the interface badly needs a facelift, and my friends find it somehow "hard to navigate"

Alamo
April 24, 2006, 2:34 pm
?? Never change a running system! Why would you change them? o.o I don't see a reason for a change.

MOFO NOFO
April 24, 2006, 2:45 pm
I'd like it if there was a demo in the intro demo that didnt involve bots.