( search forums )
Same IP as Server
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
April 13, 2006, 9:48 pm
Hey Guys.I just have 2 Computers and i wanna run Soldat Dedicated Server on one while playing on it on the other. I have a router, so me and the server have the same IP. i think thats why i am banned after 2 minutes for an hour :-(. Is there anyway to accept one player with the same IP? Oh and other people can join easily, I just have 192 kbps upstream and 7 players have an average ping of 60 :-)

mar77a
April 13, 2006, 10:17 pm
i dont think that's the reason why you are getting banned since ican run my server and join it from the same computer (/under win98)

i'd say you try disabling anticheat

April 13, 2006, 10:32 pm
yeah. anticheat could be the reason. i dont want to totally disable it. is there anyway to modify it?

BTW: joining your server on the same computer never made problems i think. but i wanna join on my other computer

Deleted User
April 13, 2006, 10:46 pm
are you usuing your other computers internal ip address? if your not and you use your externale ip address it can cause high pings and packet losses which could cause your problem.

KeFear
April 14, 2006, 10:44 am
try using the server's internal IP (something like 192.168.0.3 or similar, you can check by running ipconfig /all on WinXP or winipcfg on Win98 (i'm not sure about this tho, it haven't use w98 for a long time)