( search forums )
My futuristic mod
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - General Discussions
Eoi
April 13, 2006, 10:11 pm
I've started making my new mod today. I spent ages pondering on what to make it about, but thanks to Mäjsseli I've finally decided on a futuristic approach. I still haven't decided on a name, but the hardest and most boring part (for me) has been done. Here are the weapons:
[URL]
Sorry about the poor quality, I jpg'd it through paint so it lost its quality.
I gladly accept feedback on my drawings.
I will also be making mod specific maps and I will also try to make some sort of story missions.

Eagles_Arrows
April 13, 2006, 11:24 pm
I really can't judge from this pic becaues of the image quality. Try uploading the pic in actual Soldat size.

numgun
April 13, 2006, 11:30 pm
i like the shapes of some guns. : )
and try gettin a better image quality on that screenie.

Koon
April 13, 2006, 11:34 pm
It doesn't look too futuristic.

rabidhamster
April 14, 2006, 12:02 am
And that chainsaw doesn't look much like a saw. In fact, none of the weapons look at all like their names.

Eoi
April 14, 2006, 12:46 am
Ok, now there is a better quality picture:
[URL]
Ah yes, I forgot to tell you that the chainsaw has changed into a taser. All the other guns are like their originals.
They don't look futuristic? I'm not aiming for the far future with laser and plasma weapons. Besides, I believe that projectile weapons will be used far from now.
I hope the better quality picture will help you guys see the guns now.

Eoi
April 14, 2006, 10:34 pm
There we go, more detail and gun number 3 has been made smaller and gun number 7 has been made bigger, and nearly every other gun.
[URL]
Darth, the reason neaarly all secondary weapons look faded out is because I only have one selected, this time its the law. But they are as sharp as the others if they are selected.

Edit: now that I look at it, that law looks absoloutely rubbish, I'm probably going to change the whole design, not tonight, done enough for today. I'll probbaly do it tomorrow.

rabidhamster
April 14, 2006, 10:54 pm
GAH! Stop posting the entire screenshot! It messes up the picture! Crop it so only the weapons menu shows.

Pyroguy
April 15, 2006, 3:06 am
Yar, crop the image man, unless you are showcasing your weapons GFX. In any case, just copy and past all the images onto one, so we can see them all clearly.

Deleted User
April 15, 2006, 6:30 am
Somehow i like it lot maybe shading?

Mäjsseli
April 15, 2006, 9:19 am
Heh. It looks kinda cute. Let me post something i copied from that cyberpunk gun page.
[IMAGE]
I wish some of that style. I never succeeded. Hope u will. Theese are good though. I like the way the look. :D

Eoi
April 15, 2006, 12:47 pm
Argh, fine I'll cut them out next time.
I haven't been copying them straight out of cyberpunk page Mäjsseli, I look at one once, then I draw it as I remember it and add things that I think will look better. If you don't mind I'll use that gun you made to replace my gun 4. However I'll change the green to a dark red or something. I can then also get a better picture on how to paint the others.
Thanks a lot guys, should have another (cropped) image out today.

Ah yes, do people want a border, like the orange one Mäjsseli made? If so, what colour?

There we go, Because I stuck it all in one its now VERY zoomed in.
[URL]
Here is the in-game weapons menu:
[URL]

Mäjsseli
April 15, 2006, 4:40 pm
Thats the way. And no i dont mind if u use it. Just be cool. :D . Nice going ;)

Eoi
April 15, 2006, 4:58 pm
What more could I do to improve it?

rabidhamster
April 15, 2006, 5:35 pm
Wow, the weapons showcase really makes the weapons look beautiful. No suggestions.

Mäjsseli
April 15, 2006, 6:06 pm
From my point of wiew they are kinda sharp edged. Try to make them smoothier.

Eoi
April 15, 2006, 7:08 pm
Softened the guns now:
[URL]
In-Game Menu [URL]

Thanks for all your help guys :)
Does anything more need to be done?

divix
April 21, 2006, 4:18 pm
cool mod

Eoi
April 22, 2006, 10:34 am
Thanks divix
I have now finished the graphics for the weapons the soldat holds.
I need to get some sounds now, which I find is the hardest part of all. I recently installed Battlefield Vietnam, so I might take some from there.
Once I've done the sounds I can move onto maps and the story line and lastly bots.