( search forums )
wanna play real realistic?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
zyxstand
April 13, 2006, 10:32 pm
you know what rly takes skillz! playing a game of sodlat with the gfx of the cursor removed so you don't see a crosshair - and of course no laser sight either (that would just defeat the purpose)

-) go to the Soldat\Interface-gfx directory and rename the 'cursor.bmp' to 'cursor.bmp1'
-) open that file and make everything that green color (the background color) so to make a what will appear to be invisble cursor in the game.
-) play soldat and see if ur still as good with your only aiming orientation coming from the direction of your gun.

machine guns will be the easiest to use since you can adjust your aiming after you fired the first few bullets... barret and ruger will be insanely hard to use

do this all to test your REAL realistic skillz in soldat (and don't care about dying so frequently) - it's fun!

Echo_Trail
April 13, 2006, 10:38 pm
Woah! You've seen the light, zyx! This is really great! This would be insanely fun in zombie matches. I think i'll try it out.

shoover
April 13, 2006, 11:28 pm
nice discovery zyxstand. You got any other ways to change stuff around, like how to make the law image a ussocom image?

Wait.. wait........... wait...... NICE!!!!!

Koon
April 13, 2006, 11:31 pm
To make it really hard do what Pierce did in his resident evil mod and make the bullets invisible too.

mar77a
April 13, 2006, 11:39 pm
mancer had already posted something like this that involved not only the crosshair but the health bar, the jet bar, nades, weapon, ammo or ping circle

shoover
April 13, 2006, 11:45 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by mar77amancer had already posted something like this that involved not only the crosshair but the health bar, the jet bar, nades, weapon, ammo or ping circle

Can you teach me how to do that?

rabidhamster
April 13, 2006, 11:59 pm
That's my favorite inteface of mine! Nothing but the reload bar, cause you can kinda see that in real life.

vash763
April 14, 2006, 12:02 am
 Quote:Originally posted by shoover Quote:Originally posted by mar77amancer had already posted something like this that involved not only the crosshair but the health bar, the jet bar, nades, weapon, ammo or ping circle

Can you teach me how to do that?

Delete them all. Paint them the neon green.

Deleted User
April 14, 2006, 6:24 am
Wow, you just realised you do things like this?

shoover
April 15, 2006, 10:40 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by ZamorakWow, you just realised you do things like this?

Yes, we just "realised" we can do things like this, for example, using the z key? That might help.

a-4-year-old
April 16, 2006, 1:39 am
real realistic?

cant you just go outside and shoot something?

if you need to do that much to the game to play it and still be fun, go buy call of duty.

zyxstand
April 16, 2006, 8:45 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by a-4-year-oldreal realistic?

cant you just go outside and shoot something?

if you need to do that much to the game to play it and still be fun, go buy call of duty.

hey listen d*ckhead, if you don't like it don't do it - it was just a suggestion for ppl to try something (slightly) new in soldat...

of course if u wanna play realistic just join the f**king american (wannabe) army and they'll be able to help you out - but these are the soldat forums where suggestions or even general discussion will be carried out in a soldat-related form!

lithium
April 16, 2006, 9:35 pm
Good job on the nitpick, shoover.

No crosshair is incredibly hard...I don't really like it, not cause it's a challenge but just cause I prefer being able to see where I'm shooting :D

Deleted User
April 16, 2006, 11:29 pm
You forgot about the sniper-line.