( search forums )
Throwing flag counts as a capture.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
Beasticly
April 14, 2006, 10:15 am
Just thought about this before, but how cool would it be to be able to throw a captured flag onto to your own so it counts as a capture?

I can imagine it now: You have the enemies flag and are a stone's throw away from your base. The other team has 2 members after you, each armed with autos. You're on low health and don't think you can make it as the other team is shooting massive amounts at you through their autos. You decide to throw the flag just before a AK - 74 bullet hits you, killing you instantly. The enemy's flag (in slow motion :p) is flying towards your flag. Frantically the other team members start to shoot at their flag, hoping to divert it from landing on yours but they're too late, the flag meets it's intended destination and your team score!

Obviously, the flag shouldn't be allowed to be thrown too far and there should be a minimum throwing distance that the flag can be scored with so that teams don't leave the flag where the other flag will be returned to.

It'd also make a good game of basketball if someone was to mod it :p.

Thoughts?

Aegis
April 14, 2006, 11:05 pm
This would be exploited easily :P With a little practice and the shotgun, you can easily shoot a flag across even long maps like b2b. (Me and Swarmer were experimenting with this back before SAW floundered.)

--Jake--
April 15, 2006, 12:58 am
Well Psycho, for a start, you just exploited us for it. But who on earth would like to shoot a flag across a map when they can run with it?

I don't like this idea but maybe another idea on the same basics could be implemented. I was thinking a button where you can pass to your team mates. Lets take the much talked about shift, we press shift when a team-mate runs by and, hey presto!, they have the flag instead of you. But if you press it like a second too early nothing will happen resulting in you keeping the flag.

Beasticly
April 15, 2006, 1:17 am
Maybe to solve all those problems to would occur (last minute captures because the person was about to capture got shot down above the flag) it would only count as a capture if the flag was thrown, not dropped. The flag should also innacurate, and also suffer from bink just like guns do so it'd make the player want to capture the normal way and only throw the flag as a last resort. As for throwing the flag long distances, surely that could be changed so it only be thrown small distances so players can't throw the flag from one end of the map to another.

Another way to counter the problem would be to make the flag when you have it a weapon, replacing whatever secondary weapon you have in place. To throw the flag you have to switch to it and have to somehow charge it up, or reload it, before throwing it. This would stop people throwing the flag every 5 seconds in case they die.

Messiah
April 15, 2006, 2:03 am
I hate this idea no offense, but i like chasing down the flagger and shooting him instead of knowing that if he gets to close to his flag im already [CENSORED]ed, so im against this idea completly.

BooBoo McBad
April 16, 2006, 3:39 am
Good point mess, it kind of kills that instinct.

By The Way: I think I have played you before, that is if you play as messiah in the game, we were pretty big [CENSORED]s to eachother XD

Da cHeeSeMaN
April 16, 2006, 8:29 am
 Quote:Originally posted by rabidhamster

1- red captures blue flag
2- red runs to base
3- red gets shot by blue
4- blue flag falls on red flag
5- red scores

that would really be [CENSORED]...

Drink Bloody Water
April 16, 2006, 2:50 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by BeasticlyDo you think if this was implemented into soldat that a throw flag button should also be implemented? Hiting the up and down keys together is a bit hard not to mention awkward.
Although this is true, You just gotta know the right time to throw the flag XD. But YES it would be cool to have a smooth throw flag button that dosen't make the flag look like it's lagging itself

Deleted User
April 23, 2006, 1:34 pm
i agree... this would be great :D

zaraza
April 23, 2006, 3:16 pm
Also if MM could modify Infiltration mode a litlle bit (after picking the white flag, blues still get points) it could be a nice mode of bombing run...

Raptor
April 24, 2006, 2:54 am
I though a little of this and it has my 100% approval!

MOFO NOFO
April 24, 2006, 4:19 am
i did this when there was a nub camping at our flag, i chucked it at him and we got the cap. I still died though...

I support this idea as long as the flag doesnt get capped when someone dies and drops the flag on their flag

Banksey
April 25, 2006, 12:40 am
YA gotz my approval i really liked the part where it gow into slow motion :p but if this was implemented later on sometime i would seriously like to see the slo mo!!!

Tybs
April 26, 2006, 11:49 am
What would happen if red has the flag, blue has the flag, and the flaggers throw their flags into each other?

Just a thought...

Beasticly
April 27, 2006, 9:47 am
Nothing, because neither flag were at the base?

Maybe they'd bounce off each other or something..