( search forums )
Ctf Ferveo 2.1
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Quality Maps
Flying_Dutchman
April 14, 2006, 1:59 pm
Here's a map I made in the style of the CS Maps. It's purely ment for RS.
The map is set around some kind of Arabian looking town, with to the left reds warehouse and to the right blues hideout in the hills. The roofs of the background buildings can be walked on.

I hope you enjoy it.

Overview
InGame Screenshot
Scenery
Map

Raptor
April 15, 2006, 2:43 am
Looks like Matamata in Tunisia! I like it and I think it's a really nice map. But I mostly like closed maps ;)

Deleted User
April 15, 2006, 2:54 am
Wow I love this map. It looks so real with the shading and amasing scenery usage.
But why is the round tower thing in the middle of the map deadly?

rabidhamster
April 15, 2006, 3:02 am
Probably to prevent camping.

Flying_Dutchman
April 15, 2006, 8:10 am
Thanks guys.
The main purpose of the deadly tower is realism, I just didn't want people to sit up there and camp cause I've never seen any soldiers do that in real life. ;)
It's also for balancing the map, if it was possible to sit on top of the tower, red would have a significant advantage.
Maybe I'll change the poly's in Ice instead of Deadly.

Edit: Sorry for bumping this topic up again, but I decided to update the map. I removed some annoying polybugs and changed to tower to hurting instead of deadly. I also hope the scenerylink works now.

rabidhamster
May 7, 2006, 12:06 am
I'm glad this map got bumped, it's too good to be overlooked.

I'm praying that DS will add this to their R/S server.

shoover
May 7, 2006, 3:40 pm
Hey do you think you can make like markets and people just standing there to enlighten the theme of it? Cause right now it looks like pakistan taking cover after the US just bombed the crap out of it.