http://piripiri075.webperoni.de/soldatstuff/Map-section/Maps/htf_Headon.PMS

Both maps + scenery:
http://piripiri075.webperoni.de/soldatstuff/Map-section/ctf_htf_Headon.zip

bgretydews
April 14, 2006, 11:30 pm
Yes this map would pwn as HTF

Raptor
April 15, 2006, 2:41 am
It is pretty nice! But I think you should make the polygons a little bit thicker x__X
Add scenery =)

rabidhamster
April 15, 2006, 2:58 am
Thin polygons are cool though...

Eagles_Arrows
April 15, 2006, 3:22 am
 Quote:Originally posted by bgretydewsYes this map would pwn as HTF

No it won't. I could see it now. If the yellow flag was placed in the center (where that little room with the plants and trees are), teams will struggle to take it and return to their side of the map back to the dodgeball area. It will take alot of time to go around this map to the other side just so you can steal the flag from them.

iDante
April 15, 2006, 6:18 am
so? no it would be very hard but I could imagine it as fun... i dunno

The Geologist
April 15, 2006, 6:23 am
I for one like it. The layout is simple and effective, and seeing as how I like dodgeball, the tunnel up top is only an added bonus. Allows for action all over the place and it keeps things focused at the same time. Either you're up top or in the dodgeball area. yet it seems like getting the flag back would be a real pain with one tiny entrance/exit..this really is ctf?

Deleted User
April 15, 2006, 1:20 pm
thx for critizing :)
I updated my first post with dl-links to the new versions (now htf also available as a seperate map without blue/red flag) and a new screen which is more understandable for those, who haven't tried it yet. D:

Yesterday I played a 2on2 ctf fun match on it. indeed, it's really difficult to get the enemy flag. I guess It would be easier when more players are on it, e.g. 4on4 or 5on5.
Some of them should always stay in base; when their teammates capture the enemy flag, they can throw it through the wall to them and they are able to cap immediatley (except when they get killed [IMAGE])

scourge
April 16, 2006, 3:20 am
you may need to add a second route going below, same as top one.

also you need colliders in the top as snipers will dominate

KamikazeDuck
April 17, 2006, 11:25 am
An idea for the map:
This is a thing I've been doing in my maps lately (I can't be stuffed releasing them), it may have already been used but what you do is make a sort of funnel for the gostek to fall into that only lets them go one way. Here's what I mean:
____ S ____
.......\ /.......
.......||........

. . . . F

EDIT: you start at the S and end up at the F
So you run along and slip through the funnel thing but you can't go the other way. You could put one of these on either side of the bubble thing so people can slip down and grab the flag instead of camping at the top of those vertical bits and grenading everyone at the bottom. Meh, it's just an idea.

Raptor
April 18, 2006, 3:42 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by rabidhamsterThin polygons are cool though...
Who said they weren't?

fed.eag.o
April 19, 2006, 5:49 pm
you can throw the flag through the players collide.
so its easy to score in ctf:
take the flag throw it through the wall and cap

divix
April 21, 2006, 4:05 pm
cool