( search forums )
Maeey (Second Map)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Ideas / Discussions
Darth
April 15, 2006, 12:43 am
I think it's pretty cool (compared to my first map anyway), but I'll let you guys decide!
Made with PolyWorks & the Map Deployer tool thingy...

Screenshots:

Version 1.2

[URL]
[URL]

Download it here:

Version 1.3

[URL]

Version 1.2

[URL]

Please post any suggestions, Comments or anything that would help me! I spent a good few hours on this!

--Jake--
April 15, 2006, 12:50 am
Hey 'tis a great map. But it's a little blocky. Don't fear of having too many polygons in it. Try making it a little smoother my friend and we should see some uber maps from you. Hey if you have msn either add jake_holt3@hotmail.com or tell me your msn 'cause I have some great idea's for maps but don't have the time to make 'em.

Darth
April 15, 2006, 12:55 am
Hey, how did you guess I was abit scared of putting too many polygons in? lol, I'll try to smoothen it up!

--Jake--
April 15, 2006, 1:14 am
Ignore how messy the wireframe gets... Aslong as there are no un-nessacary bits sticking out from anywhere then nobody will see how messy it is. Maybe adding a little more scenery would be useful? I mean yeah, you haven't added too little but it's not exactly blossoming with detail either.
Well thats just my two cents, I'm sure others can give you more in depth guides for I am nothing but a n00b. But yeah someone said on your first map if you keep at it you could be the uber map maker of tommorow and I totally back him up on this.

Raptor
April 15, 2006, 3:09 am
You should've posted the map in the "New Maps" section =) That has happened to me too xD

I like it to be one of your first maps, I congratulate you and I hope you keep mapping to see how you improve =D

Keron Cyst
April 15, 2006, 7:56 am
I think it will be frowned upon by some PW vets around here although I like it since it resembles old, official Soldat mapping; I just think that the polygons should have more radical shading and the terrain should be smoother, and the BG ought to be darker. Nice work :-)

Darth
April 15, 2006, 1:00 pm
Raptor

Oh damn it. Anyway Thanks.

Keron Cyst

I'll add in the shading, terrain and Background changes, thanks for the advice.

Darth
April 15, 2006, 1:52 pm
I've changed some things on the new version of Maeey including adding some waypoints which barely work. So if anyone can please add some proper waypoints in I'd be very grateful!