( search forums )
Brothers...
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Raptor
April 15, 2006, 3:23 am
I have to tell you all something. I've been off of the soldat forums for a pretty long time, I even though of retiring, seriously, all because I got CoD2 and it really pulled me into it, so much that I even though coming back here was unneccesary.( btw, I'm not assisting any other forums)
But I sat and thought about the members in this site, my friends, HHH, and all the new members I've been helping recently (specially with their maps) and all the constructive criticism I've been giving, that was the main thing that kept me here.
You all know that CoD2 is better than Soldat (not offending, just that it was made by what? Like 500 programmers?) but still, that didn't motivate me to leave the soldat forums, and now that I think about it, I think I'll never leave the Soldat forums (sounds stupid but seriously..)
I hope you all understand me friends, I was 99.9% shure that I would leave, but what's interesting... things do change!

AerialAssault
April 15, 2006, 3:25 am
meh, red orchestra is better.

Eagles_Arrows
April 15, 2006, 3:27 am
 Quote:Originally posted by AerialAssaultmeh, red orchestra is better.

I got a CD containing that mod free with my DVD Edition of UT2004 O:

wb rap

Raptor
April 15, 2006, 3:34 am
 Quote:Originally posted by AerialAssaultmeh, red orchestra is better.
Thanks for your appreciation...

Deleted User
April 15, 2006, 3:55 am
If you're looking for heartfelt comments you wont find it on these forums :p You're probably better off leaving :p but glad you stayed

Deleted User
April 15, 2006, 4:31 am
don't leave.
You have been helpfull many atime on the maping threads

Swarmer
April 15, 2006, 9:18 am
Red Orchestra is pretty cool, although sometimes buggy. They halftrack flips over way to easy, and when you get out you stand on it and get hurt. And they really need to let more people play per map. 30 people isn't enough for a giant, field tank battle.

I <3 the anti-tank rifle.

Captain Ben
April 15, 2006, 9:50 am
I just got that game (again). Do you use the name 'Raptor' in COD2 as well?

Zero72
April 15, 2006, 10:17 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Raptor(not offending, just that it was made by what? Like 500 programmers?)
To be honest, I'd trust the one programmer before I trusted the 500.

Rhombus
April 15, 2006, 10:44 am
500 programmers can easily make more... but is it immediately better?
no... The MX5 is loved for its simplicity... just like soldat...

frogboy
April 15, 2006, 10:46 am
As would I. Number of programmers doesn't exactly indicate quality. A lot of small companies have made great games. Valve, which has "over 70 employees", Introversion has just five... their games are probably a lot better than the junk that EA puts out (how many sports games do you honestly need? And is the fifth expansion pack for the Sims out yet?).

Deleted User
April 15, 2006, 12:52 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by RaptorI have to tell you all something. I've been off of the soldat forums for a pretty long time, I even though of retiring, seriously, all because I got CoD2 and it really pulled me into it, so much that I even though coming back here was unneccesary.( btw, I'm not assisting any other forums)
But I sat and thought about the members in this site, my friends, HHH, and all the new members I've been helping recently (specially with their maps) and all the constructive criticism I've been giving, that was the main thing that kept me here.
You all know that CoD2 is better than Soldat (not offending, just that it was made by what? Like 500 programmers?) but still, that didn't motivate me to leave the soldat forums, and now that I think about it, I think I'll never leave the Soldat forums (sounds stupid but seriously..)
I hope you all understand me friends, I was 99.9% shure that I would leave, but what's interesting... things do change!

i love you man.. don't leave.

frogboy
April 15, 2006, 1:12 pm
lolo fgagot u liek men

Captain Ben
April 15, 2006, 2:44 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by frogboyAs would I. Number of programmers doesn't exactly indicate quality. A lot of small companies have made great games. Valve, which has "over 70 employees", Introversion has just five... their games are probably a lot better than the junk that EA puts out (how many sports games do you honestly need? And is the fifth expansion pack for the Sims out yet?).

STFU I EAGERLY AWAIT THIS YEARS SLEW OF GENERIC SPORTS GAMES WITH SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT PLAYER STATS AND USELESS CAMERA ANGLES

Deleted User
April 15, 2006, 3:15 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by SwarmerRed Orchestra is pretty cool, although sometimes buggy. They halftrack flips over way to easy, and when you get out you stand on it and get hurt. And they really need to let more people play per map. 30 people isn't enough for a giant, field tank battle.

I <3 the anti-tank rifle.

True, but theres nothing like crusing around in an APC in an infantry/APC/truck map like 'Hedgehog', :D

I <3 the panzerfaust.

Deleted User
April 15, 2006, 3:18 pm
Plz dont leave we need you!

Deleted User
April 15, 2006, 3:50 pm
I play call of duty 2 alot, but i still visit the forums :) hey raptor you apart of codboards?

btw: call of duty 2 is better then RO, because you could make a mod in call of duty 2 which is as realistic as RO :) and a bunch of tanks desnt beat 64 people online now does it?

mar77a
April 15, 2006, 4:16 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by jrgpdon't leave.
You have been helpfull many atime on the maping threads

lol'd

a-4-year-old
April 15, 2006, 5:25 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Raptormy friends, HHH,
banned lol

TheFunktopus
April 15, 2006, 6:06 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Captain Ben Quote:Originally posted by frogboyAs would I. Number of programmers doesn't exactly indicate quality. A lot of small companies have made great games. Valve, which has "over 70 employees", Introversion has just five... their games are probably a lot better than the junk that EA puts out (how many sports games do you honestly need? And is the fifth expansion pack for the Sims out yet?).

STFU I EAGERLY AWAIT THIS YEARS SLEW OF GENERIC SPORTS GAMES WITH SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT PLAYER STATS AND USELESS CAMERA ANGLES

PFF I DON'T KNOW ABOUT FROGBOY BUT EVERYONE ELSE IS WAITING FOR THE SIMS: RED "WELCOME" CARPET

a-4-year-old
April 15, 2006, 6:26 pm
NO WE ALL WANT TO SEE THE SIMS JETPACK EXPANTION PACK

(hhh is now only banned for 2 weeks)

frogboy
April 16, 2006, 12:50 am
I guess you have a point. It's probably better than paying for OMG HORSE ARMOUR!!!! for Oblivion.

a-4-year-old
April 16, 2006, 2:24 am
that or barbie horse adventure

Raptor
April 16, 2006, 7:39 pm
I won't leave, and no, I use the name "EsX_Raptor" while playing...

Deleted User
April 17, 2006, 3:35 am
hey raptor, ever try zombie mode?

Raptor
April 17, 2006, 3:44 pm
^No

Deleted User
April 17, 2006, 5:07 pm
o rly? best game mode in call of duty 2! i know alot of good modded servers.....do you have xfire? maybe i'll show you some.

Raptor
April 18, 2006, 4:03 pm
^Nice! I don't have xfire and I'm too lazy to get one but please tell me more about zombie match mode!

Deleted User
April 20, 2006, 3:45 am
i'm assuming it involves zombies?!

NO YOUR ALL WRONG...I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE SIMS: LETS RAPE A DOG EXPANSION PACK