( search forums )
Htf/Dm _Packaging
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Deleted User
April 15, 2006, 8:11 am
Hello people, I'm back to mapping and have just finished my latest map!
Yes, I know that the fell and atmosphere is almost identical to my previous Ctf_Ditched map, but didn't intend it to end up like that. Honest!
It was concieved and built as a Htf map, but after making it I decided it would also be good as a DM (Both are included in the dowload, and are intical apart from spawns). Spawns are spread evenly over the area and powerup are in the top area, although the clusters fall down. Yellow flag is in the bulletproof netting. Health and grenades appear in the side chutes, tempting flaggers into dead ends.

Overview
[IMAGE]

Pics
[URL]
[URL]

Download
[URL]

Enjoy!

Keron Cyst
April 15, 2006, 8:22 am
It is pitch-black on my comp.; I literally cannot see ANY polygons whatsoever. What the heck is the Lum on 'em and the BG colors, man? It must be less than 30 or somethin'...

Deleted User
April 15, 2006, 8:24 am
Eh? It's pretty bright on my computer. Black background but you can see everything fine. Something to do with your screen perhaps?

Flying_Dutchman
April 15, 2006, 8:24 am
Same here. Only if I look at my screen from the side, I can see a bit.

Soulsnipa
April 15, 2006, 10:32 am
i can see it fine

Darth
April 15, 2006, 1:56 pm
wierd, I can barely see it, it's pretty (no very) dark. I can make out the map but I think you should make it brighter. Otherwise I think it's quite good!

Eagles_Arrows
April 15, 2006, 2:57 pm
Yes, I like the setting and all, but really, everyone will get lost in their first time playing on this map...

Norris Scott
April 15, 2006, 6:31 pm
I can see it just fine, but when working with darker maps what you have to remember is that different people have different brightness/contrast settings on their monitors. So what's bright as day to one person is as black as night to another. There's usual a fine medium of darkness you can work with for both cases.

Unfortunately that's quite difficult to x_o

Well, with that said... from what I see, it's a great map :)

Definitely looks fun to play on, and I'm downloading it now to try it out. Good work!

KamikazeDuck
April 17, 2006, 11:36 am
Nice, lots of spots to hide behind. The brightness is fine on my monitor and my friends say mine is very dark so to the people who say it's too dark: TURN UP YOUR BRIGHTNESS!

You could almost make this a ctf map if you extended on the sides. I like it.
This ends my sudden outburst of replying to maps, I'll be on my way.

Raptor
April 17, 2006, 3:47 pm
[quote]Originally posted by Norris Scottdifferent people have different brightness/contrast settings on their monitors. So what's bright as day to one person is as black as night to another.quote]Then it is dark on mine, I think they should post them lighter to avoit casualties xD

DeMonIc
April 17, 2006, 9:28 pm
Golden-wiseword by SoapStop making dark maps with black backgrounds you [CENSORED]-pirates!

Quoted for truth. I've seen better maps from you, and the darkness truly kills this map. That, and there's not enough contrast in the shading of the structures, which also stabs aesthetics.

Deleted User
April 18, 2006, 2:03 am
Don't worry Demonic, this is my very last super-dark map ;)

divix
April 21, 2006, 4:00 pm
very good map but make it a little brighter