( search forums )
Multi-Operator Station Guns
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Deadeye Rob
April 15, 2006, 2:20 pm
Im sure that many of you have played games and levels that include station guns. Although very good fun after a while they have become somewhat boring.

Some of the more interresting maps created by Avarax and others often feature 'roofless' maps, no ceilings. This allows us to fire LAWs into the air and (to much delight) they come crashing down on the enemy base like artillery.

Therefore i was wondering a station could be added to the game that could fire Laws at a continuous rate. Further more, to discourage uneven balances, i thought it would benefit the larger servers if these guns could function if there were 2 or 3 players operating it.

For example, in order to fire the Artillery battery, it would require

a Gunner (to fire duh!)
a reloader, (to collect shels from a location and bring it to the battery)

and optional a spotter,(to include a scope similar to barret to increase range)

Im not sure if this idea is possible or what, but what the hey! Post ur suggestions!

--Jake--
April 15, 2006, 3:06 pm
Wow.... This is the best idea I have ever seen. I love this idea and I really hope it gets implemented. But instead of a scope the same as the barret it has a scope which lets you see about 3 screens away. Ofcourse in realistic you wouldn't be able to tell wether the enemies are at their base or swarming towards you becuase of all the hills. But it would give the gunner a rough idea to where the enemy base is and how much more of an angle the gun has to be placed at to hit.

Drink Bloody Water
April 15, 2006, 5:02 pm
Eh... I dunno about the whole LAW thing maybe a faster rate of reload (because the reloader) has to fill the station with the LAW, so maybe 6 shots per current LAW reload?

zyxstand
April 15, 2006, 6:04 pm
i'd like this idea but unfortunately not many ppl in soldat like to work as a team... this is only useful if u play with ur friends that you can communicate together or in clan matches (though in c.m's, not many ppl will use stationary weapons cuz thats just how c.m's r)

a-4-year-old
April 15, 2006, 6:17 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Deadeye RobIm sure that many of you have played games and levels that include station guns. Although very good fun after a while they have become somewhat boring.

Some of the more interresting maps created by Avarax and others often feature 'roofless' maps, no ceilings. This allows us to fire LAWs into the air and (to much delight) they come crashing down on the enemy base like artillery.

Therefore i was wondering a station could be added to the game that could fire Laws at a continuous rate. Further more, to discourage uneven balances, i thought it would benefit the larger servers if these guns could function if there were 2 or 3 players operating it.

For example, in order to fire the Artillery battery, it would require

a Gunner (to fire duh!)
a reloader, (to collect shels from a location and bring it to the battery)

and optional a spotter,(to include a scope similar to barret to increase range)

Im not sure if this idea is possible or what, but what the hey! Post ur suggestions!

its a good idea for the most part, only:
1. not a single pub will ever have enough people stop long enough to fill these rolls, especially if they dont get the kills
2.just going to make alot of people mad at random spray
3. weapons mod?
4. lag

BooBoo McBad
April 15, 2006, 10:31 pm
It wouldn't cause lag, but any match with the amount of people needed to operate this contraption would be too hectic, not to mention no one would want to be the reloader.

a-4-year-old
April 16, 2006, 1:46 am
yes it does, multiple amounts of laws in the air causes lag.

nobody would want to use the damn thing BooBoo cept the shooter.

vash763
April 16, 2006, 2:46 am
It would be cool, on RS maps.

Someone could probably make one actually, make an only bullets/only players wall (for spotter), then make an opening of only player collides on the roof (for the gunner).

Deadeye Rob
April 16, 2006, 9:43 am
My be it could shoot volleys of rockets in a single shot? Instead of a faster rate of fire?

HYPERFUNKBOT
April 16, 2006, 3:27 pm
This idea is sort of interesting... but it's not that great. It wouldn't really add much to the gameplay.

Quote:Originally posted by a-4-year-old
1. not a single pub will ever have enough people stop long enough to fill these rolls, especially if they dont get the kills

Oh really?
Pretty much all of the people I play on leo's realistic inf play for winning the game, rather than kills or points.

Certainly would be an issue, especially with the friendly fire.

3. weapons mod?

HOW, may I ask, do you implement this with a weapons mod?

4. lag

Eat your own words:
MY solution: GET BETTER INTERNETS CHEAPASS!

The Geologist
April 16, 2006, 5:32 pm
There would be lag...don't kid yourself. I for one would not like to see one of these law spewing guns in game, the regular stat guns are enough as is.

numgun
April 16, 2006, 5:50 pm
a slow powerful artillery cannon with low fire rate would be a dream come true... = )

i guess it would act like a normal stat gun, but it shoots a burst of 3-5 m79 shot very far and the next time u can fire after 10 secs. (its a long time, believe it or dont)

i hope MM gets the inspiration to continue the develope Soldat... he seems to abandoned it. (even he writes that he didnt.)

Deleted User
April 16, 2006, 6:18 pm
Yes there will be lag i think this is not good idea to soldat!

a-4-year-old
April 16, 2006, 6:57 pm
in blue: Quote:Originally posted by HYPERFUNKBOTThis idea is sort of interesting... but it's not that great. It wouldn't really add much to the gameplay.

Oh really?
Pretty much all of the people I play on leo's realistic inf play for winning the game, rather than kills or points.
really? the people i know on leos play for fun, and fun is not having 2 people sit doing what one person does by themselves, aim shoot and reload.

Certainly would be an issue, especially with the friendly fire.
hellz yeah
3. weapons mod?

HOW, may I ask, do you implement this with a weapons mod?
it would not be exact, but it would serve the idea to have a stat gun that shoots laws and overheats after one.
4. lag

Eat your own words:
MY solution: GET BETTER INTERNETS CHEAPASS!
that was when talking about a 200-300 kb download, not a series of bullets that lag the whole server.