( search forums )
Low score zone for Inf.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
BooBoo McBad
April 15, 2006, 10:38 pm
I know that part of the objective in Infiltration is to defend your base, but when there are five people camping with m79's in a small enclosed space, it's just ridiculous.

I think that there should be some sort of anti camping score system, where if you are in the zone for more than five seconds, the amount you score for team bravo defending is decreased.

I'm not sure of numbers that would make this fair, but let's say as an example for every person camping in there, you get one point every extra five seconds for each person in the room guarding.

Any suggestions/comments on this guys?

Drink Bloody Water
April 16, 2006, 2:37 pm
Well, I think there are certain places on a map where blue just HAS to defend. And this idea is good but, What is the point? I mean, if a whole bunch of people camp in the same spot for more than 5 seconds, do they get points at all?

HYPERFUNKBOT
April 16, 2006, 3:17 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by BooBoo McBadI know that part of the objective in Infiltration is to defend your base, but when there are five people camping with m79's in a small enclosed space, it's just ridiculous.

I think that there should be some sort of anti camping score system, where if you are in the zone for more than five seconds, the amount you score for team bravo defending is decreased.

I'm not sure of numbers that would make this fair, but let's say as an example for every person camping in there, you get one point every extra five seconds for each person in the room guarding.

This is what grenades are for, and if grenades don't help, then the map you're playing sucks horribly, like inf_meatball for instance.

zyxstand
April 16, 2006, 4:39 pm
he might have been talking about warehouse the bottom passage (though that's usually not a map with high number of blues in the bottom tunnel) or outpost at midway through the bottom passage or (most likely) abel at the bottom tunnel...

HYPERFUNKBOT
April 16, 2006, 5:08 pm
Why are those a problem? Just go high then, and ignore low.

vash763
April 16, 2006, 7:39 pm
Uhm, this is a bad idea.

The team is going to loose points for being in an optimal defensive position? Bull[CENSORED].

BooBoo McBad
April 17, 2006, 1:55 am
I understand otpimal defence, but the game is just ridiculous when they all huddle inside the space and wait for you to walk in.

Norris Scott
April 17, 2006, 6:47 am
 Quote:Originally posted by HYPERFUNKBOT Quote:Originally posted by BooBoo McBadI know that part of the objective in Infiltration is to defend your base, but when there are five people camping with m79's in a small enclosed space, it's just ridiculous.

This is what grenades are for, and if grenades don't help, then the map you're playing sucks horribly, like inf_meatball for instance.

INF_Meatball doesn't suck-- it's challenging. I love playing on red team on that map :D

This idea isn't good because in some maps, they're just DESIGNED for blue to strictly defend by holding off Alpha invaders. For tactical game-players who get together to enjoy a game, this would also ruin that.

Deleted User
April 18, 2006, 1:35 am
naa, the point of the map is to make things fair for both teams. If that happens, its probably a crappy map

Raptor
April 18, 2006, 4:02 pm
This would give a tremendous advantage to the red team..

RabidTreeFrog
April 23, 2006, 5:39 pm
If five people are camping in a small space with m79's, they would blow themselves up.

HYPERFUNKBOT
April 23, 2006, 7:25 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Norris Scott
INF_Meatball doesn't suck-- it's challenging. I love playing on red team on that map :D

you must be a masochist.

Zegovia
April 24, 2006, 8:36 am
Five guys in the same enclosed space? that dosent sound safe......

I suggest an alternate route, otherwise. let your buddies run in befor you and make all those m79'ers waste their shots, and then NAIL EM!!