( search forums )
Dm/Htf_Pagoda Final Version
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Pride
April 16, 2006, 2:02 am
A small map made for death match or hold the flag it also supports Ctf and is good for a very fast paced game. Has full waypoints for Deathmatch type games.

Update 1:
-removed the liana2's in the main structure
-Waypointed!
-Stretched outer sides
-Added more boxes
-got some screens
-some other small things

Update 2:
-Multitextured for your pleasure
-Some minor stretching
-Slightly better waypoints
-fixed Charlie flight issues
-fixed possible Delta flight issues
-adapted for other gametypes
-some other cool stuff
-A sneak peek at an unreleased map!!!

Multi-Textured:
Overview
Download

Original Version
Screens:
Screen 1
Screen 2
Screen 3
Overview

Download

This is for those of you who bother to read this. It is a preview of an unreleased map. Click

Eagles_Arrows
April 16, 2006, 2:15 am
Pros:
>Neat layout
>I like the fog at the bottom.
>Old-school poly placement xP

Cons:
>Those liana2 sceneries hanging on the ceiling of that platform in the center look silly.

Pride
April 16, 2006, 2:52 am
Sorry for my noobishness, but what is old-school poly placement? And I may remove those liana2's later.
Edit:
Ok, I'm currently waypointing it, and when I release it with waypoints I'll also remove the liana's and stretch some of the polys.

Fake Edit:
Does anyone know of any texture stretching tutorials, because the sml one doesn't seem to work?

Ok, now I'm done wypting it and I'm working of multi-texing it...

Deleted User
April 16, 2006, 3:22 am
I like it. The colors and polys blend together seamlessly.

I think old school polyplacement is when in mapmaker you have to put the polys on top of one another unlike in polyworks when you can just connect the vertices.

scourge
April 16, 2006, 3:38 am
i like it. makes a change from your usual style and i like the texture.

vash763
April 16, 2006, 4:26 am
Looks good, could use some anti-pattern stretching on the outsides.

person
April 16, 2006, 8:32 am
I think it looks good, but multi-texturing techniques, and maybe some texture streching would make some parts look much better. But I like the layout and stuff... shading is also good.

Eagles_Arrows
April 16, 2006, 5:02 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by jrgpI think old school polyplacement is when in mapmaker you have to put the polys on top of one another unlike in polyworks when you can just connect the vertices.

Correct. If you look at the wireframes of some old maps that MM has made, polys just overlap eachother instead of connecting them together, side-by-side, vertices-by-vertices.

Deleted User
April 16, 2006, 6:30 pm
I like the map, very good gameplay.
However, i have to agree with Eagles Arrows, those lights look odd there.
Otherwise, good map!

The Geologist
April 16, 2006, 9:15 pm
I like the layout very much, and the shading looks alright..but that texture really doesn't do this map any favors. Looks funky when streached and odd for grassy areas. Could be a good map for multitexture, with that texture as a good rocky base.

Pr0digy
April 17, 2006, 4:30 am
Man you have a natural nack for making maps since the begining, ive liked all of your maps dont stop we need more mappers like you

Pride
April 17, 2006, 4:44 am
Thank you.

Pr0digy
April 17, 2006, 4:47 am
No problem, i want to start mapping myself ive made a few that look pretty good but not suitable for publishing yet =X

Pride
April 17, 2006, 5:30 am
Its nice to see someone else who doesn't post all of their maps especially when they're new, though I gladly await yours.

KamikazeDuck
April 17, 2006, 11:03 am
Nice map, I've never liked that texture but you've made it look as respectable as it can be. Gameplay is good (I can comment because it's waypointed :D). Theme is good (I don't know what it is but it all seems to match).

DeMonIc
April 17, 2006, 9:38 pm
Texture is awkward, and you could've done neater columns. Not bad though.

Pride
April 18, 2006, 6:20 am
Demonic, I'm actually fixing those two things right now, because I got a lot of people saying that the texture didn't work.

Deleted User
April 18, 2006, 7:50 am
I like the improvements that you made, including the removal of the liana2's. The texture is cool, and the little lake is neat too. It has a very cave-like feel to it. Also, the gameplay is superb.

Nice map.

Raptor
April 18, 2006, 3:40 pm
Really nice map! Pretty small, but decorations are really good.

Quote:Originally posted by DeMonIcTexture is awkward
Alright, that's it, what does awkward mean x__X? I've read it too much... (yea, offtopic, but a question is a question)

divix
April 21, 2006, 3:56 pm
good map very nice keep it up a good work

Kumagoro
April 21, 2006, 4:08 pm
Very good
pretty similar to htf_machete, but that's not a con :P