( search forums )
soldat developement dead?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
numgun
April 16, 2006, 5:56 pm
yea, is the developement of next soldat version dead?
because as MM wrote he started a new project.
and even he said he didnt abandon soldat it still seems like he actually did. : /

whats ur opinion?

mine: soldat's developement fully abandoned.

bond_james_bond
April 16, 2006, 6:33 pm
no. This was his breakthrough. I'm sure he wouldn't just let it off without letting the public know. And I for one will fight to keep this game 'closed-source'... Whatever the opposite of open-source is..

mar77a
April 16, 2006, 6:39 pm
mmm, it's not but i dont think more development is not needed (besides balancing and bug fixing).

new features? no no no...

FliesLikeABrick
April 16, 2006, 6:58 pm
He still intends to maintain it, but don't expect any huge feature changes. Soldat has entered an age of maturity, for the better.

--Jake--
April 16, 2006, 7:39 pm
Soldat will change when its ready.

frogboy
April 17, 2006, 1:17 am
He only updated it five months ago. Usually there's at least six months between releases, so I don't think he's really started thinking about a "1.3.2" yet.

Banksey
April 17, 2006, 1:36 am
Ya i agree, i would love to see a new patch come out but i dont think u can do anything more to soldat or tha a few bug fixes but even though theres nothing else i can think of that i wanna see in this game i still wana see a patch come out ^^

Deleted User
April 17, 2006, 1:59 am
 Quote:Originally posted by numgunmine: soldat's developement fully abandoned.

BLASPHEMY. Never say that, i might have nightmares!

Eagles_Arrows
April 17, 2006, 2:18 am
Well, one thing I'd like to see fixed in 1.3.2 (that is if MM's ever gonna make one) is that problem with hosting servers on a router.

Deleted User
April 17, 2006, 4:56 am
Soldat no longer needs developement, just a polish(no pun intended) here and there.

Cookie.
April 17, 2006, 6:28 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Eagles_ArrowsWell, one thing I'd like to see fixed in 1.3.2 (that is if MM's ever gonna make one) is that problem with hosting servers on a router.

You have to configure your router yourself don't you? At least thats the way I had to

UltraMagnus
April 17, 2006, 10:32 am
IMO he has compleatly abandoned soldat, atleast for the short term.

if he plans to abandon it for a long time he should make it open source, so atleast other people can fix the bugs in his software...

as for it not needing it, there are numerous bugs, hacks ect that need fixing, and soldat really does need quite a few things adding, such as uPnP support so that you dont have to manually configure your router, allmost every other game, including "garage" games like soldat, support it, well, atleast ones that were made within the last 10 to 15 years.....

a-4-year-old
April 17, 2006, 1:58 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Cookie. Quote:Originally posted by Eagles_ArrowsWell, one thing I'd like to see fixed in 1.3.2 (that is if MM's ever gonna make one) is that problem with hosting servers on a router.

You have to configure your router yourself don't you? At least thats the way I had to
mine just kind of worked...

soldat would not be abandoned like this, MM wouldn't just leave, this game is like his baby only the community cries more often, and he gives it more bugs than he fixes sometimes.

Captain Ben
April 17, 2006, 2:03 pm
He's at university. Believe it or not, I doubt Michal Marcinkowski's life revolves around Soldat.
Any who, MM said that he's not going to stop updating Soldat for 3-4 more years. And that will be when he releases the source code.

bond_james_bond
April 17, 2006, 2:10 pm
I really wish he wouldn't release the source code. The public of Soldat will disperse and no longer will my favorite game be in action. =O ohnoooo

Couldn't he just hand the project over to someone?

But to keep things on topic: MM has not abandoned Soldat.

thekingkitty
April 17, 2006, 2:34 pm
I hope he adds at least a zombie mode where if you die you become a zombie yourself, if he does that he could leave soldat open source or abandon it completely, i wouldnt care because my dream mode would exist, then again i'm just dreaming..

more ontopic: yes he will abandon soldat..eventualy, i mean who knows, in later years he could make his own game studio and make polish games, he wouldnt have time for silly old soldat (unless there was a next gen sequel).

Deleted User
April 18, 2006, 1:21 pm
I think he may have, and put this Crimson Glory before it. MM needs some sense talked into him, and on the odd chance that Michal does read this:

Soldat Is Ultimate. Never Depart From It. Soldat first, Crimson Glory Later.

bja888
April 18, 2006, 2:22 pm
Seriously... I'm not ready to let go and MM is. A lot of games have come and gone and I still play soldat. This is not a game that can be replaced.

shoover
April 18, 2006, 10:42 pm
to reply to numgun, just remember, dezonus is right. With crimson glory being made, the next version will take alot longer.

Dang MM, hes got fans damnit!

<- is a fan

Deleted User
April 19, 2006, 12:12 am
 Quote:Originally posted by bond_james_bond
I nominate Chakra!...
of course he would need to learn borland delphi XD lol

shoover
April 19, 2006, 2:00 am
well just remember, most ppl that are in there 20's, unless can make profit, should not really take this project.

if anybody thinks this is going to lead to me doing it, pfft. im only 16, i dont know [CENSORED].

Chakra does sound like a top canditate, i would think maybe enescene or flieslikeabrick would me my top, if mike were to step down.

bja888
April 19, 2006, 4:53 am
I would take it on except I want to stear away from game programming. Its all physics

jbigz
April 19, 2006, 7:01 am
Soldat is an extremely well balanced game as is. Just the other day i was wondering what the next big update would be like. I couldn't imagine new stuff. The game is well as it is. The new stuff would probably be corny and hard to get used to. He will probably update minor changes, but nothing big. Thats my opinion.

UltraMagnus
April 19, 2006, 9:00 am
soldat needs updates, MM has abondoned it, so really the only option left is to get him to open source it.

as for the community despersing, i dont think so, there are enough open source games out there, and if anything their communities are even more close nit

Toumaz
April 19, 2006, 11:25 am
I think Soldat is better and more balanced than ever (oh well... good ol' 1.0.5!).

I can't really think of any new things that would go into the game. I'm fearing that the next version of Soldat will be the last, because what is there really to add to it?

Well, except for new hairstyles.

numgun
April 19, 2006, 11:42 am
when or if soldat becomes open source then ppl would start to make their own tweaks into soldat making it even better.

thats the good thing about releasing.

UltraMagnus
April 19, 2006, 4:37 pm
yup, plus the game will live on, forever, because with the size of the soldat comunity, it will be ported to every operating system, that way if windows dies, or is mm abandons it and it isnt compatable with the next M$ operating system after vista, then soldat will be resigned to history!

.Twelve
April 19, 2006, 5:45 pm
Michal just has another project. It may just mean that development between versions will be a bit slower.

DeMo
April 20, 2006, 10:54 am
Another question.. is MM at least working in the next version (even if it doesnt have new features) or is he totally focused on Crimson Glory now?
Or maybe this would be a good question: is MM at least working on a new version for the dedicated server?

I think the game is fine the way it is.. needs some balancing of course, but we have enough features.
Maybe Michal should make a small update just to blacklist the 1.3.1 cheats that are floating around on the net.

Deleted User
April 20, 2006, 1:03 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Sethamundo Quote:Originally posted by bond_james_bond
I nominate Chakra!...
of course he would need to learn borland delphi XD lol

You know what I reckon? I reckon if the code is publisized, that we should all try it out. Name our versions something like 1.4:Dezonus for example.

numgun
April 22, 2006, 12:18 am
btw, is it possible to crack a source code from the program?

bja888
April 22, 2006, 1:13 am
 Quote:Originally posted by numgunbtw, is it possible to crack a source code from the program?

no

Ivel
April 22, 2006, 2:37 am
Now that you guyz r all saying he abandend it, he not going to abanden it and its going to live happily ever... o [CENSORED] after=abandend!! nah but suriously, he will abnaden it...

numgun
April 22, 2006, 3:03 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by bja888 Quote:Originally posted by numgunbtw, is it possible to crack a source code from the program?

no

Sure? or how about tweak the settings if hacked?

Ivel
April 22, 2006, 4:12 pm
u relize your talking about hacking into soldat ON soldat forums.... -.-

numgun
April 22, 2006, 6:50 pm
im just curious FFs! now tell me: is it possible? =D

rabidhamster
April 22, 2006, 7:56 pm
DONT SPEAK ANYMORE! The admins will ban your soul, regardless of whatever you say. And putting =D makes it worse.

numgun
April 22, 2006, 9:09 pm
but im thirsty of KNOWLEDGE! *drools* =D

edak
April 22, 2006, 11:48 pm
I think open-sourcing the code will do good for the game, but MM wants his $9 for a couple more years before he opens it. I personally believe that the bugs should be worked out before anything new, but MM is very quiet atm....

Ivel
April 23, 2006, 4:35 am
MM isnt and wont get his money from most of the players because most of them out there r Noobz who dont know how to register

numgun
April 23, 2006, 2:11 pm
...or dont want to. soldat is technically a freeware, but the 9$ is more like a donation and the extra features are like a gift from the donation.
everyone chooses what he wants: be or not to be.

im a unregistered user and im happy with the features i got currently. =)

and btw, is it possible?

DeMonIc
April 23, 2006, 2:15 pm
MM hasn't stopped working on Soldat: 1.3.1 is still relatively new. Soldat's also grown up, all that is left now is bug fixing ( which programmers hate to do ) and some minor additions.

And no, extracting the source code isn't possible.

numgun
April 23, 2006, 4:09 pm
thank you demonic : )

Raptor
April 24, 2006, 2:50 am
But we have to admit that soldat's upgrading cycles are ending u_u...

lastshot12
April 26, 2006, 2:42 am
i kinda wont soldat to upgrade... and kinda not.. if there is a little change that is always good but if he makes a big change then jus leave it how it is. it is fun rite now. when he changed the knife and barret i wasnt a big fan of them wepons but i got use to them and now am fine with them.. Big fan of Soldat maker.... but dont change it to much plz.