( search forums )
DM Northcountry - yay! first map!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
ifizzy142
April 17, 2006, 5:56 pm
yay! i finally fisnshed my first map! it took lotsa time and boxes of chocolate but its done! i dont know how to do waypoint so i guess you cant do much in it, unless you like shooting targets that run into walls. the map is designed like a cavern thingy so jet fuel was made high;
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
if the pictures dont show, the links are
[URL]and
[URL]

if you wanna alter it or watever go ahead, but if you do please post the new version so i can see =) please give me any critism, thanks

here is the link fot the actual map and all its stuff (this is the new version - includes edits)
[URL]
edits : things that are not shown by the pics

a cieling made of bloody/deadly polygons
the blue team and red team flags have been moved
an exteremmly light layer of fog at the bottom
new spawn points
lower jet fuel
and predetor, flame, etc thinggys that drop from the sky

divix
April 17, 2006, 6:12 pm
none of the image links work

try photobucket i use it and i satisfied its a online image storage you need to have account and you can store as much as you like as long as the picture is smaller then 512 kb's
or you can use imageshack got to www.imageshack.us and select upload

divix,

Mothafix
April 17, 2006, 7:54 pm
Your first and last map.
You have wrote the codes wrong..
First one is without "/" and second is [/img] or [/url]

ifizzy142
April 18, 2006, 5:35 pm
thanks for telling me, whooooops =) all fixed now !

Keron Cyst
April 18, 2006, 6:11 pm
Don't use Photobucket. It resizes images that are larger its max. KB (which is less than 700 or something like that). Use Image Shack instead.

Why is there a humongous cross in the top-right with WWII tank traps around it?

Deleted User
April 18, 2006, 6:25 pm
Beesides, as none of you probably have noticed, the most important link isn't working either... The download link that is! Please fix this so we can pretend checking your map out. (Looks pretty from what i can see, a bit blocky low)

ifizzy142
April 19, 2006, 4:17 am
hoooray! i finally fixed everything =) and all the links work. As for the humongous cross in the top-right with WWII tank traps around it, its like a warning sign; all the polygons next to it and to the right of it are deadly. well anyways, thats pretty much it.
have fun pretending to check out my map

Deleted User
April 19, 2006, 6:19 am
so..this is a DM map..that has flags..?

Cookie.
April 19, 2006, 6:35 am
Its a nice map, I think that the background image really helps add depth to the map. Anyways the shading and scenery placement is all very good but I think the layout would have been better if the top area was made inexcessible either by limiting the jets or placing a roof in the way... probably limiting the jets would be best for the map though and maybe adding a 4th platform above the 3 already there

ifizzy142
April 19, 2006, 5:44 pm
@flame

well, i popped some flags in so i could also make it ctf, but its just tooo small and not much of a challange for ctf players
@cookie

that cieling is probrably a good idea, i think ill get on it pretty soon. as for the 4th platform, im not quite sure wat you mean

but thanks for all the feed back =)

Pr0digy
April 20, 2006, 9:25 pm
Maybe put a bridge there instead of a ceiling, like in these maps: http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?topic_id=27564

Raptor
April 21, 2006, 10:55 pm
I like everything there, except the moon..