( search forums )
Pen tablet compatibility
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Powerpill
April 17, 2006, 11:50 pm
First of all, sorry if my english is bad, i'll try my best.

I have a Wacom pen tablet and wen i got used to it i have never used the mouse again, execept to play on Soldat. It works well on the menu, but in the game itself it's impossible to play with it, the cursor goes from an edge to another only with a subtle movement.

If its not too hard to implement it, i think that play with the pen tablet can be a great experience.

Thanks.

person
April 18, 2006, 3:50 pm
All that can be recommended is reducing the sensitivity in the options menu. Bottom left corner I think.

Swarmer
April 18, 2006, 9:10 pm
I haven't tried for soldat, but my tablet sucks for FPSs. I too get ultra sensitive results. I don't know why it happens to games. No matter how I adjust the sensitivity it still sucks.

Has anyone tried playing Soldat on a TabletPC? That would be awesome. You'd just grab a Ruger and tap the screen on the enemies body and they die. You'd have near perfect control with your autos too. On a FPS, you'd just grab a rifle and tab thier head. keke.

a-4-year-old
April 18, 2006, 10:07 pm
i think it would be kind of weird, those things are just 1000 dollar notepads, they arent made for games and in a way, this is kind of like the ideas to port to <insertdevicehere> threads

shoover
April 18, 2006, 10:46 pm
Just remember, its Direct Input techonology. So its not the best for laptops.

Aegis
April 19, 2006, 12:39 am
If you have a wacom, you can switch the tablet to act like a mouse (relative positioning) instead of a pen(absolute positioning).
It screws up in games because absolute positioning tries to move your cursor to the exact point on your tablet where you move, which is somewhat like constantly sliding your mouse at rapid speed (in FPS, this causes my view to spin, atleast with my tablet).

I think this would only really be cool if you are using a tablet with a built in screen. Unfortunately those cost like.. $3000.

a-4-year-old
April 19, 2006, 2:35 am
 Quote:Originally posted by AegisIf you have a wacom, you can switch the tablet to act like a mouse (relative positioning) instead of a pen(absolute positioning).
It screws up in games because absolute positioning tries to move your cursor to the exact point on your tablet where you move, which is somewhat like constantly sliding your mouse at rapid speed (in FPS, this causes my view to spin, atleast with my tablet).

I think this would only really be cool if you are using a tablet with a built in screen. Unfortunately those cost like.. $3000.

dont you just move the pen across the screen instead of just tapping it over and over?

Aegis
April 19, 2006, 3:14 am
Basically yes, if it's in mouse mode. You would drag the pen instead of placing it like normally, and it acts like a mouse in that case.

UltraMagnus
April 19, 2006, 9:08 am
hmm,

have you tried it in windowed mode? i think the problem with soldat could be the resolution it runs at while in full screen mode, so try disabling that

Powerpill
April 21, 2006, 12:23 am
 Quote:Originally posted by AegisIf you have a wacom, you can switch the tablet to act like a mouse (relative positioning) instead of a pen(absolute positioning).

That worked, changing the mode to mouse and slowing a bit the speed works well.

Thank you very much :)

It's not hard to play soldat this way, i think that if i get used to it i can play at the same level (maybe better?) than with the mouse.