( search forums )
Cheap Dedicated Server Hosting
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server discussion
mellowgamers
April 18, 2006, 2:16 am
My Clan/community and I are selling cheap and competitivly priced servers for soldat. These servers are ACTUAL dedicated servers (not some schmuck's laptop or home computer) running on a NO LAG OC38 line. Servers will be 24/7 and can be public or private without any extra charge. We are only selling a couple servers so get them when you can; to sign up please visit the signup form on our website here: http://mellowgamers.com/soldat.html

Deleted User
April 18, 2006, 2:27 am
"There is no website" -teh matricks

mellowgamers
April 18, 2006, 3:07 am
what do you mean EnEsCe?

Deleted User
April 18, 2006, 3:31 am
your link doesnt work...

PureGrain
April 18, 2006, 3:33 am
Mello!?!

Just to give you some heads up!

You might want to offer the servers 24/7!
Also maybe your referring to OC48 and not OC38?

Leo
April 18, 2006, 5:43 am
12/7 ? Who will pay for a server that runs half the day ? You need 24/7/365 server, then it's dedicated.

FliesLikeABrick
April 18, 2006, 7:01 am
12/7 is quite stupid, and who here is going to buy soldat servers from a site that is obviously just a group of DOD:S people trying to make extra money to pay for their DOD:S servers?

Arklenao2
April 18, 2006, 7:39 am
id rather spend my money on weed.

PureGrain
April 19, 2006, 3:12 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Arklenao2id rather spend my money on weed.
:O

On another note, i was attmpting to ask a few questions without flaming the guy. It is obvious they are trying to help pay for their server which is fine. Their prices seem to be comparable if not better than most.

I think they just have some minor mistakes in their advertising thread that can be repaired. Most Game Service Providers are gamers before they become hosting masters. So lets give the guy a bit of a break and allow him to address the issues we brung up without flamming to death.

Like me myself. I am a gamer for gamers which makes what I do not only a hobby turn to business; but it allowed me to know what to expect from myself as a host.

mellowgamers
April 19, 2006, 5:31 am
i am very sorry, yes i DID mean 24/7, not 12 i am sorry. it is also VERY possible for us to make special deals for people. as for the errors in my original post i posted that at 2 in the morning, and i was just a wee bit tired..

Leo
April 19, 2006, 9:56 am
Do you have any kind of web interface to control the server ? Like stop or restart ? Do you have FTP support ? Is it Linux or windows system ?

Deleted User
April 19, 2006, 9:59 am
ewww St. Louis, Missouri... worst possible place to be located

Leo
April 19, 2006, 10:05 am
 Quote:Originally posted by EnEsCeewww St. Louis, Missouri... worst possible place to be located

Hehe, stop trying to beat the competition :P I get a better ping there than your server.

Deleted User
April 19, 2006, 10:44 am
That may be, but its a [CENSORED] location for worldwide players and theres a poor gaming population in that part of the US

PureGrain
April 19, 2006, 1:00 pm
Depends on the network ;). Never know he could be less than 2 hops from Chicago depending on his carrier. I will admit St. Louis is noit as popular as the other data centers but that does not mean it is no good. There are lots of small data centers spread accross the US that are not as popular. Louisville (where I am) has several but are so high in compare to other data centers I do not even co-locate to these facilities for this reason.

What LEO is asking is an important feature, because most GSP's today offer a game panel via your browser to operate your server. This is a major tool for gamers by giving them the keys and letting them drive their servers rather than waiting on support requests to get anything done. (Like letting you drive instead of waiting on the bus to pick you up) :P

Anyways, if you have any questions feel free to contact me and I will offer my advice to help you out.

Leo
April 19, 2006, 2:15 pm
Right PureGrain, I will never rend a server in which I will have to ask and wait for my host to restart it in case of a crash. Special a Soldat one in which crashes are hmmm.... not so seldom :P

PureGrain
April 19, 2006, 3:45 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by LeoRight PureGrain, I will never rend a server in which I will have to ask and wait for my host to restart it in case of a crash. Special a Soldat one in which crashes are hmmm.... not so seldom :P
;)

Hiei
April 19, 2006, 7:51 pm
hey mellow are the servers one solid price or a monthly payment....?

mellowgamers
April 19, 2006, 11:31 pm
Hiei that would be monthly. also ftp is obviously a must

edit: also i would be willing to sell a server bi-monthly for a slightly higher price

Leo
April 20, 2006, 5:21 am
How about controlling the server ?

mellowgamers
April 22, 2006, 8:34 am
leo we will have a web admin control on our website for people to be an admin on the road, at work, or at school

PureGrain
April 23, 2006, 5:31 am
Do you use Linux or Windows servers?

mellowgamers
April 23, 2006, 5:51 am
the servers are windows boxes

Deleted User
April 23, 2006, 6:23 am
HAHAH, bye bye customers :P

mellowgamers
April 23, 2006, 7:08 am
umm, not really. windows or linux; it makes no difference client side. not to mention it wont effect our remote admin. what do you want that our boxes cant support? because i fail to see it

Deleted User
April 23, 2006, 8:49 am
Ahem, no. The windows version of the dedicated server is much more unstable, especially when it comes to map downloading.

mellowgamers
April 23, 2006, 10:47 am
you know what? windows boxes work, please dont come in here to start something like this. i just wanted to make a post about another option for hosting. just because you too have a hosting service dont try to sabtoge mine. or is it that you are worried about pricing? your "april special" being 12 slots for 12 bucks, while im selling 12 slots for 10 bucks without a special?

Deleted User
April 23, 2006, 11:48 am
Dont worry, you cant compete with my features. ;)

The point is, using windows servers = bad idea.

PureGrain
April 23, 2006, 2:36 pm
I think this all can be avoided. Don't you?

No since in this bickering between hosting company's. There are lots of people out doing the same things and no matter what someone will always have lower prices, or better servers or faster connections. Regardless just stay true to what you offer and let the others worry about whos got what.

I say go for it with your hosting company and take advice from those who have been doing this for awhile. Don't get into shouting/pissing contests on a public forum, it will only hurt your business IMO.

mellowgamers
April 23, 2006, 8:37 pm
pure you are totally correct; enesce, i am sorry for what i said

PureGrain
April 24, 2006, 3:10 am
Mellow.. If there is anything I can do to help you out let me know.

mellowgamers
April 24, 2006, 3:44 am
thanks pure