( search forums )
Some Ideas for next version
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
NubX
April 18, 2006, 8:44 am
ok i think i have ade somthing wrong and posted in thread above ... XD

Here are some colllected ideas by me

1) The size of Game should be could changed
(i belive that you heare realy often but i think i say it too)

i know that this isnt easy yet.The Graphics are all to small but there could be the possibiltity to make diferent graphicpaks for the sizes (i belive graphiks will come "alone" (community) ...)

2) more weapon.ini values (for more indivduality of the weapons and modding :) )
[a) a maximum shot range
(so bullets could fly slow and come far or fly fast but drop down to bottom early )
..but that would need a unitsystem (meters for exampel) in soldat ..the speed should
depending on units (v = seconds / untis)](<<stupid dont read please!)
b)a maximum deflection of weapons in realistic-mode
c)a maximum of magazins for survival-mode or you could set it on in serverconfig
d)a maximum "lookrange" would be funny ..but so there also has to be a standard
lookrange for all weapons ..so weapons could have scopes
e) wepeapons should shoot better from moving to prone position ..perhaps there should
be values for all kinds of positions
f)perhaps values for recoil of weapons
g)its not realy important but at time all values only are integers in float they would
be more individual

3) of course often said ..the possibility to add new weapons (only for mods)

at the moment i dont know more ..perhaps later XD

4) I have saw a game in which the figures were 3d Models in a 2d area ..i found it look nice ..and i think in Soldat it would be also nice ..so we could make our own Soldiers or Monsters *g*

MFG NubX

bond_james_bond
April 18, 2006, 1:16 pm
so far, the only good idea is (E)

Raptor
April 18, 2006, 3:44 pm
With the size of the game, you mean the resolution? if it's that, then you would be able to shoot the enemy from longer distances.

NubX
April 18, 2006, 5:44 pm
oh yes sry i have mean the resolution ..(have a bad english) hmm ok thats right if i have a bigger resolution i could see other players earlier then somone with a resolution like 6000X800 ..hmm **** i dont think of this ..but idea!! ..there is a different ..at the time all graphics are made for this one resolution ..of course if i now would change resolution i could see enemys earlier but if we make some new bigger graphics with higer resolution for higher resoulution ...the lenght would not change but the soldiers trees weapons and so on .. could be look more detailed ;)

i think a bigger problems are the maps but there are no problems which could not solved too!

MFG NubX

a-4-year-old
April 18, 2006, 10:12 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by bond_james_bondso far, the only good idea is (E)

there is less bink when you are prone, it is already in the game, but to have values would make people so confused with the mod that they would not know what to do.

why is this in 2 forums?

HYPERFUNKBOT
April 19, 2006, 12:37 am
 Quote:Originally posted by RaptorWith the size of the game, you mean the resolution? if it's that, then you would be able to shoot the enemy from longer distances.

Graphics would be scaled up. And don't give me that bull about the graphics would look the same, interpolation and antialiasing were invented for a reason.

NubX
April 19, 2006, 1:28 am
@Commander

sorry i thought i does not work in the forum above and thats why i osted it here but sthen i read that this is controled by admins befor all can see it ..and then i could not delete it .. somtime im a bit stupid XD

hmm you mean people would be confused im not shure i blieve not at the time there is a movementacc and so there would be also a standing crouch and pron acc too

at the moment for exampel you shot in crouch position like in moving ?? thats a bit stupid XD

i have now two more ideas (im not sure whether they are already exist?)

1) Individual Mapbackgroundsounds1

i test it with a selfmade Sound with birds and so on.. it gives maps a more individual character..if you are playing in a jungelmap an hear birds an stuff like this it feels realy funny!

2) weapons sound should be differenced between "Indoor" and "Outdoor" sound if you shoot ..its the same thing like the idea top its a little difference but its make a other play feeling :D

a-4-year-old
April 19, 2006, 2:41 am
@private (ill just assume he meant me by the rank.)

when you crouch, your "acuracy" is better, especially autos

when you go prone, your "acuracy" is even better.

1)downloading all the sounds would be pretty annoying and some idiot would put in some guys voice saying "STOP CAMPING" or just yell at you or some stupid stuff like that.

2)i would like an echo effect for the more enclosed spaces if that is what you meant.

NubX
April 19, 2006, 8:18 am
@Commander to 2 yes thats what i mean

1) mp3 files are not big as like as wav and can loaded fast and you can also loading much maps in internet..and if people added sounds lik "stop camping" you must not play this map and a map which does not be played ,because nobody like this one,you dont will find often i think

it would be also good to have "hotspots" for sound ...so if you are standing next to a radio or somthing like this you hear musik ..this hotspots could have an adjustable reach, so some sound you her from far away or you must standing next the sound fount :)

and i tested the accuracy proplem again ..and i noticed you are nearly right only Fn Mini (i tested Ak aug an FN )shot wors in crouch like moving ?

MFG NubX

Deleted User
April 19, 2006, 3:14 pm
Every single one of these has been suggested in one way or another.

NubX
April 19, 2006, 4:33 pm
yes but that my own suggestions ;) sorry if you read somthing like this too often :P

MFG NubX

Deleted User
April 19, 2006, 6:12 pm
Heh, some of them would be really awesome like the scope thing, I've been wanting that forever.