( search forums )
general weapon mod
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - General Discussions
-IW-shadowsniper
April 18, 2006, 11:44 pm
what is a general good weapon mod?

livingdalife
April 19, 2006, 3:27 am
ahm...any weapon mod as far as I know...

-IW-shadowsniper
April 19, 2006, 2:42 pm
-_-' ok this is what i meant, what is a general good weapon mod like, the details like you where making a normal weapon mod.you can pm the mods to me if you want too.

Rhombus
April 19, 2006, 2:59 pm
I don't really understand the question...
just look around, see which ones you like...

numgun
April 19, 2006, 3:06 pm
details please. more details ; )

-IW-shadowsniper
May 2, 2006, 11:22 pm
....ok like i would like to no the general damage for the weapons, reload time, time between shots, etc.

peemonkey
May 3, 2006, 12:33 am
you have the files already, look at weapons.ini
otherwise you need to give us more information on what the hell it is you're trying to communicate.
Is english your first language? If so, please don't have "like" in places it's not needed, and please tells us exactly what it is you need in as long a sentance as possible while still being cohesive.

PGTDigital
May 3, 2006, 9:46 am
i think he means what variables in the Weapons.INI file he needs to change. (he's probably new to the modding/programming feild so i'd cut him slack).

here's what i know off the top of my head without looking at the INI file.
ReloadTime is how long the weapon takes to reload. the higher the number, the more time the weapon takes to reload.
Speed is the speed of the bullets. the higher the number, the faster the bullets go.
Bink is the time and rate that the bullets go in random directions. i'm not sure how this works, so i'd experiment with this variable and see what it does.

a word of advice, DO NOT CHANGE THE WEAPON NAMES IN THE WEAPONS.INI FILE AND THE WEAPONS.TXT FILES. these control which weapons are in which slot, and can cause severe damage to your game.

apart from that, just experiment with the weapon variables. you'll have a ton of fun doing it.

i hope this helps

PGT

"If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?"

rabidhamster
May 3, 2006, 11:49 am
First make a backup of the weapons.ini file, otherwise you're stuck with your mod.