( search forums )
Knives carry grenades! :D
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Deleted User
April 19, 2006, 9:08 am
I dont know how I spawned this idea, I was playing soldat, very late, threw a grenade up in the air randomly and tried to throw a knife into it and connect. Then, it occured to me. :|

I doubt this idea will see the light of soldat, but I thought id throw this up there. I was thinking...WHAT IF: We could throw knives INTO grenades. This would not cause them to explode, but would instantly make the grenade attach to it as if the knife went into the grenade and picked it up. Now we dont have an instant killing knife, we have an instant EXPLOSIONY knife....or a new way of dodging grenades- whipping out the ol' knife and knocking the grenade away. ^-^

Why? I dont know.

Zero72
April 19, 2006, 9:49 am
Soldat isn't quite that fantastic. Not only does it make no sense, but it's also extremely unecessary.

Deleted User
April 19, 2006, 11:01 am
and hard to do :S

UltraMagnus
April 19, 2006, 4:42 pm
why not just make nades and knife able to collide? not exactly what you were thinking of but im guessing its 10000% easier to implement

Deleted User
April 20, 2006, 4:09 am
dude...im 100% for this even if it is hard to implement....lol this would be extremly awsome...even as usless as it may be

Deleted User
April 20, 2006, 4:22 am
and the knife would kill anyone it hits
GENUIS!

shoover
April 20, 2006, 4:31 am
 Quote:Originally posted by UltraMagnuswhy not just make nades and knife able to collide? not exactly what you were thinking of but im guessing its 10000% easier to implement

Thank you dude, i was thinking that exact idea, make all types of bullets collide with each other.

Deleted User
April 20, 2006, 4:48 am
ROFL, hell yes.

Eagles_Arrows
April 20, 2006, 11:35 am
This idea...is silly.

Ozone
April 20, 2006, 12:05 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by shoover Quote:Originally posted by UltraMagnuswhy not just make nades and knife able to collide? not exactly what you were thinking of but im guessing its 10000% easier to implement

Thank you dude, i was thinking that exact idea, make all types of bullets collide with each other.

I thought they already did. I keep shooting a m79 bullet while a rambo shoots a flaming arrow and BOOM. I get two smoke graphics while i am still alive.

Keron Cyst
April 20, 2006, 6:19 pm
Another product of boredom... it's a unique idea but it'd only be good for recording fancy movies or whatnot...

rabidhamster
April 20, 2006, 8:05 pm
Lob a grenade and chuck your knife. Of doom. Fun :D

bond_james_bond
April 20, 2006, 9:27 pm
Very unique... But a bit too unique, you know?

edak
April 20, 2006, 10:14 pm
It makes no sense and is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY left field.

Deleted User
April 20, 2006, 10:36 pm
This idea is pointless and adding it would be a frivolous waste of time.

I support it 100%.

FliesLikeABrick
April 20, 2006, 11:51 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Eagles_ArrowsThis idea...is silly.

a-4-year-old
April 21, 2006, 1:14 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by FliesLikeABrick Quote:Originally posted by Eagles_ArrowsThis idea...is silly.

hellz yeah!

Deleted User
April 21, 2006, 3:03 pm
I have to agree with Eagle :D

divix
April 21, 2006, 4:33 pm
lol explosive grenade ahaha

RabidTreeFrog
April 23, 2006, 7:39 pm
can I improve on this?

I'm not a proggramer,so i dunno if these ideas are possible but...
Knife is blown up when the attached grenade explodes.
If you throw the knife at the nade, and It connects, the grenade would continue going in the direction it was going with increased speed. Eventually it would come down.
^Good for flingin' a nade farther.