( search forums )
420 tomorrow!
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Deleted User
April 20, 2006, 2:06 am
bunch of friends are planning to go to school baked tomorrow....gonna be really funny :)

Discuss.

Vijchtidoodah
April 20, 2006, 2:09 am
While 420 probably sucks in all those straight-edge towns all across the US, in San Diego it was one huge party. Kids came to school stoned off their asses, teachers didn't assign any homework (or forgot to because they were just as high as all the kids), and nobody really cared much about the fact that everyone was high as a power line repairman.

a-4-year-old
April 20, 2006, 2:14 am
4/20 is my birthday!

rabidhamster
April 20, 2006, 2:16 am
Does it hurt?

a-4-year-old
April 20, 2006, 2:17 am
it burns a little, but after a while the narcotics kick in.

(i have no idea what you are talking about)

Deleted User
April 20, 2006, 2:20 am
It's Spring Break for us. And besides, there's so little crime in my town cops hide in driveways next to stop signs in desolate streets to meet their quota.

rabidhamster
April 20, 2006, 2:52 am
I was wondering what it feels like to be baked.

Deleted User
April 20, 2006, 3:36 am
lmao i've never been high before...but im sure it dosent hurt....

peemonkey
April 20, 2006, 3:49 am
I shoot heads these days.

The Geologist
April 20, 2006, 4:26 am
I'll be savin' the children.

bja888
April 20, 2006, 5:44 am
I used to hang out with the ones who treated 4.20 as a better version of christmas. Those where the good old days. I never partake in the festivities but oh how I wish I could be emo again.

Think about this...
4/20 comes every year.
6/6/06 only comes this year.

Start your making lame plans now. Personally, I locking doors and windows. I'll be in u13 all night.

karmazon
April 20, 2006, 6:08 am
YEAH HITLER'S BIRTHDAY!!! DEUTSCHLAND!!!

Aegis
April 20, 2006, 6:15 am
The few times I've done weed, it never really felt like I got high. More or less, it just burned my lungs and left me irritated and more in want of an alcoholic beverage.

The Geologist
April 20, 2006, 6:48 am
Don't smoke swag then.

Deleted User
April 20, 2006, 7:17 am
PIITB

GAMEOVER
April 20, 2006, 7:25 am
yay another excuse for a day for losers to burn some brain cells keep it up..

The Geologist
April 20, 2006, 8:16 am
And another excuse for people to get on their high horse. Yay all around.

Cookie.
April 20, 2006, 9:22 am
 Quote:Originally posted by GAMEOVERyay another excuse for a day for losers to burn some brain cells keep it up..

Meany :(

Deleted User
April 20, 2006, 10:04 am
Kind of truey :(

AerialAssault
April 20, 2006, 10:37 am
 Quote:Originally posted by rabidhamsterI was wondering what it feels like to be baked.
gather round children. and listen. for i have things to tell.

being high/baked is a feeling like no other. you are light-headed. time slows down. all music sounds better. all food tastes better. all discomfort you feel is gone. everything can be funny as hell. you feel closer to those around you (this lasts forever after the smoking session). everything seems right in the world. you have a general sense of well-being. you wont wake up later with a nasty headache ([CENSORED] alcohol). so everyone, go get high on 4/20. remember, its not possible for cannabis/marijuana to kill you.

Quote:Originally posted by GAMEOVERyay another excuse for a day for losers to burn some brain cells keep it up..

Smoking the herb does NOT make you a loser, and it does NOT kill brain cells. do some research buddy, because "Above the influence" commericals aren't exactly un-biased, credible sources of information.

frogboy
April 20, 2006, 10:39 am
Ahhhhh, so that's how you can stand Tool.

AerialAssault
April 20, 2006, 10:55 am
No, i acually started smoking weed some time in 2004. 3 years after the release of lateralus. i can stand tool because they are an amazing band, and will be remembered 30 years from now in the same manner bands such as led zeppelin are remembered today. whether or not you are a fool.

Deleted User
April 20, 2006, 12:16 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by AerialAssault Quote:Originally posted by rabidhamsterI was wondering what it feels like to be baked.
gather round children. and listen. for i have things to tell.

being high/baked is a feeling like no other. you are light-headed. time slows down. all music sounds better. all food tastes better. all discomfort you feel is gone. everything can be funny as hell. you feel closer to those around you (this lasts forever after the smoking session). everything seems right in the world. you have a general sense of well-being. you wont wake up later with a nasty headache ([CENSORED] alcohol). so everyone, go get high on 4/20. remember, its not possible for cannabis/marijuana to kill you.

Smoking the herb does NOT make you a loser, and it does NOT kill brain cells. do some research buddy, because "Above the influence" commericals aren't exactly un-biased, credible sources of information.

Perfect way to describe how it's like to be high :D

I have never been high, because i only got like 2 puffs, then got bored.

Oyah weed is better then tobacco BECAUSE, it doesnt taste bad! and it makes you feel funny way after! 1 hour til school woohoo!

AerialAssault
April 20, 2006, 12:55 pm
you need to get high. keep smoking until you get high. sometimes nothing happens on your first session. need to get those cannabinoid receptors in your brain working.

frogboy
April 20, 2006, 1:05 pm
Keep smoking until everyone's out to get you and the walls are closing in. Sure, it's not lethal, but it can [CENSORED] up your mind badly.

Chakra`
April 20, 2006, 1:45 pm
What frogboy said.

Don't be a noob to smoking man. Weed smoking looks alot less harmful from the other side. I've seen friends go to sleep crying 'cos they couldn't score an 1/8th of the stuff. 'course, that won't happen to you.

bja888
April 20, 2006, 3:24 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by AerialAssault

Feel the love!

It too bad people can't find the same thing in life without chemicals. My problem is not the health issues. In fact, I would support the legalisation of weed. I think its just sad you become dependent on the cannabis plant to live in this world. [sarcasm]Just keep running away. I'm sure it will get better!![/sarcasm]

lithium
April 20, 2006, 3:28 pm
Just because somebody enjoys being high doesn't mean they're dependant on it to be happy. That's a pretty igna'nt statement to make.

@topic: I am in study hall right now, and I'd say 2 out of every 5 people are completely trashed.

The Geologist
April 20, 2006, 3:43 pm
Any substance can take over your life if you use it too much...people who put down weed but turn around and drink are just kidding themselves. Even weed can be addicting if you smoke too often, and yes, there are mental effects over time. But not everyone gets paranoid, Froggey, and not everyone experiences the effects the same way.

Bja - Dependant to live? That would be minority of extreme cases of addiction. Please don't exhaggerate. Your emo buddies might not be the bext example of someone under the influence.

bja888
April 20, 2006, 4:10 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by The Geologist
Bja - Dependant to live? That would be minority of extreme cases of addiction. Please don't exhaggerate. Your emo buddies might not be the bext example of someone under the influence.

I didnt mean addicted. More along the lines that they just couldnt think of life without it.

Chakra`
April 20, 2006, 5:11 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by The GeologistAny substance can take over your life if you use it too much...people who put down weed but turn around and drink are just kidding themselves.

Indeed guv. Quite a few people manage to use it recreationally, but a lot of people, as I find, often become dependent on weed as a way of relaxing. I've seen it ruin relationships, people, jobs, minds, the lot guv. It ain't healthy. (I say this ironically as a loving tobacco smoker.)

On the flip side however, my mum uses it as she's disabled, and it benefits her quite well. And those that do become dependent on it...so what really? they seem to enjoy it I suppose, and still seem to hold a 9-5. However having seen the plus and negatives, the young'ns shouldn't be so care-free about it all. The stuff's a blast to smoke, but like all good things, it can [CENSORED] you up in numerous ways.

AerialAssault
April 20, 2006, 6:35 pm
i smoke once a week at the most. i would like to smoke more than that some days, but i feel fine if i dont. i hate it when people say things like "oh youre a loser because you need weed to feel happy". No, thats bull[CENSORED]. The idea is that when i smoke weed, it makes you even happier, it simply enhances everything. and weed can be psychologically addictive, but all that really means is that its about as addictive as food or sex.

chikybabys_16
April 20, 2006, 6:42 pm
..... id ont get it

chikybabys_16
April 20, 2006, 6:45 pm
oh that drug festival.... dont do drugs there's too litlle and we're too much people

Deleted User
April 20, 2006, 8:49 pm
....please do not visit the lounge ever again......

UPDATE ON BAKED FRIENDS:
One was kinda of stoned in the morning, but then kinda went back to normal, because he smoked it 2 hours before he came to school.....the other one was way different and he was really really out of it, but he plays guitar better when he's out of it :) some girl brought like 10 grams, cept nobody had a lighter!

o yah i also think my art teacher did some too cus he was talking to us about everything.

Rambo_6
April 20, 2006, 10:45 pm
4/20 is also Hitler's birthday.

Deleted User
April 20, 2006, 11:13 pm
yah i know.....

.alex.oner.
April 20, 2006, 11:16 pm
i picked up some dank ass bud today.. didnt know many people smoked here in these forums.. anyway, heres some pics..

[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]

btw, i have loads of other pics from all the different bud i can get..

GAMEOVER
April 20, 2006, 11:32 pm
 Quote:Smoking the herb does NOT make you a loser, and it does NOT kill brain cells. do some research buddy, because "Above the influence" commericals aren't exactly un-biased, credible sources of information.

A true example of a stoners lack of intelligence.. anyway everything kills brain cells expecially marijuana.

AerialAssault
April 20, 2006, 11:32 pm
damn dude, thats some [CENSORED]ing kind bud there. lots of nice crystals and red hairs. enjoy that [CENSORED] ;)

Quote:Originally posted by GAMEOVER Quote:Originally posted by GAMEOVERyay another excuse for a day for losers to burn some brain cells keep it up..

"A true example of a stoners lack of intelligence.. anyway everything kills brain cells expecially marijuana."

should we take your word for it, or are you going to provide us with some kind of proof?

GAMEOVER
April 20, 2006, 11:33 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by The GeologistAnd another excuse for people to get on their high horse. Yay all around.

Didnt know telling the truth puts someone on a high horse..

AerialAssault
April 20, 2006, 11:35 pm
Your un-educated opinion isn't the truth. no one asked for you to come in here and bash away at people for no good reason.

.alex.oner.
April 20, 2006, 11:36 pm
heres some more photos that i've taken, just to enlighten you all..

[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]

btw.. i'm a very heavy smoker incase you haden't realised..

?
April 20, 2006, 11:40 pm
wait so waht is 420?

AerialAssault
April 20, 2006, 11:40 pm
"Researchers at the University of Saskatchewan in Saskatoon found that the administration of synthetic cannabinoids in rats stimulated the proliferation of newborn neurons (nerve cells) in the hippocampus region of the brain and significantly reduced measures of anxiety and depression-like behavior. The results shocked researchers -- who noted that almost all other so-called "drugs of abuse," including alcohol and tobacco, decrease neurogenesis in adults -- and left the "pot kills brain cells" crowd with a platter of long-overdue egg on their faces."

http://www.norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=6812#Neurogenesis

.alex.oner.
April 20, 2006, 11:41 pm
btw gameover.. i think i can safely assume you dont know much about my friend mary, and if you dont mind you can keep your stray 'facts' which are actually biased opinions to yourself..

you do know that green cures MS and muscle problems? and do you ahve any proof that it kills brain cells?

and just wondering.. how many people you think die from smoking cigs and drinking every year? thousands.. and how many people have died from smoking weed? not one single person.. so goodnight and [CENSORED] off to ya..

AerialAssault
April 20, 2006, 11:45 pm
i think its safe to say that its gameover for GAMEOVER. /lamejoke

Chakra`
April 21, 2006, 12:03 am
The two above examples of young pot smokers were what I was on about. Backing up their belief and security in a drug they wanted to try and now care for regularly with bollocky half-baked science crap,ignorance, hype and believed safety. [CENSORED] -can- go wrong with using dope as equally likely that you'll continue using it until the age of 30 with no side effects, a stable job and relationship. Thats the real deal.

There is no cure for MS alexoner, and cannibis can be used to lightly treat multiple disabilities, but only through reducing pain. Not eliminating. And, fun fact: the drug known as extasy 'kills' less people a year than people choke on peanuts or alcohol. Safe as houses surely? Pretty sure you told me one time you were into that [CENSORED]...

AerialAssault, the internet is indeed a wonderful place for information. Too much information in fact, 'cos you're liable to find complete bollocks and harsh truths on both sides of the arguement with a simple google. Pro-cannibis sites aren't the best sources of unbiased information however ¬_¬

rabidhamster
April 21, 2006, 12:06 am
[CENSORED], I completely misunderstood this thread. I thought dascoo's friends were going to school naked, but his finger slipped, so it came out baked (cause b and n are next to each other). I thought was making some smartass joke about his typo, but it wasn't a typo.

I am a confused child.

AerialAssault
April 21, 2006, 12:13 am
Yes they are. The very reason such things as pro-cannabis websites exist is because the information they show is true. You never see any pro-cocaine or pro-methamphetamine websites anywhere, because coke and meth heads arent intelligent enough to research their drug of choice. These cannabis websites are always trying to prove that its not bad for you or that it can be good for you so that people will want to legalize it. But at the end of the day it shouldn't make a difference, and all drugs should be legal because its a matter of personal freedom so long as you aren't harming anyone else. Your average pothead doesn't know [CENSORED] about the herb, he/she is just smoking it because they like the way it makes them feel. No one needs to convince them its harmless to get them to want to legalize it.

?
April 21, 2006, 12:26 am
Honestly I have and will never do drugs, dispite my religous beleifs, my dad and one of his friends used to be in drugs and yes it did start with dope, my dad even went to jail for it. And I know my dad would beat me to a pulp if he found me doing drugs cause it had such a negative effect on his life.

AerialAssault
April 21, 2006, 12:41 am
It only had a negative effect because its illegal.

Rambo_6
April 21, 2006, 1:24 am
Maybe 420 was made by the Germans so nobody would remember Hitler's birthday...

Deleted User
April 21, 2006, 3:03 am
go google 420? or search i up on wikipedia, im not typing it all down, nor copying and pasting?

btw: No. Bad gameover.

Kazuki
April 21, 2006, 3:15 am
This is quite possibly the worst day of the year. Why? Because I'm living in a world of "people" who at the moment are thinking that they're having the time of their lives, or so AerialAssault says. "music sounds better, time slows down, emotions are stronger. [insert other bullsh*t here]"

So what are they really doing? Well, two guys were actually punchng each other in the head today because one told the other to look at his face and the former got pissed off at the fact that he could not indeed look at his own face. What could he do other than displace his anger at the nearest thing to him, that being the latter person. What does this all mean?

"Dude, look at your face. (OLOLOL)"
" ... I c- I can't l-look at my own face, dude. I c- *WHAM!*"
"Whadda [CENSORED], man? *wham*"
"*whamwhamwhamwham*"

Now this is just one of the many scenarios I noticed today. What's wrong with this? It's bad enough that most of us have to put up with people who are ignorant and can't live life without others' help, even though they dare not admit the fact, but today we are forced to be around people who can't catch a flying ball, change subjects three times mid-sentence, and have to try to grab their Coca Cola can three or four times before they actually succeed, followed by pitiful attempts of actually drinking the Coca Cola. I don't care how much fun you're f*cking having. You're ramming chemicals into your brain; chemicals that don't belong there. Throughout the whole day, I don't even consider you human anymore, because you lack the ability to perform like one. I, for one, am tired of being around people who can't correctly pronounce a word longer than 5 letters and place it into a sentence in a gramatically correct fashion without throwing a tantrum at the mere fact that they have to actually try. And I disapprove of anything that makes this case even worse, whether it's alcohol, marijuana, etc.

You don't need any of it. There are other ways to enhance your experiences. Ways that won't make you more disabled than a one-legged platapus with a pole stuck up its anus.

Edit: Actually, don't stop smoking it. If you don't want to listen, then the only other way to get rid of you is to keep feeding this sh*t to you.

AerialAssault
April 21, 2006, 3:28 am
 Quote:Originally posted by KazukiYou're ramming chemicals into your brain; chemicals that don't belong there.
Tell me, why does the brain have cannabinoid receptors?

ill say it once and ill say it again. dont knock it till youve tried it.

Kazuki
April 21, 2006, 3:34 am
I've heard that line so many times today, I think I'm going to be hearing it in my sleep. Every time, I've replied with something similar to this: "Why should I try it if I know without fault that it is bad for me?" You don't try drowning on purpose just to see what it would be like, do you? Oh, and hey, while you're at it, why don't you try to put your house on fire to see what it would feel like?

frogboy
April 21, 2006, 3:37 am
 Quote:Originally posted by AerialAssaultYes they are. The very reason such things as pro-cannabis websites exist is because the information they show is true.
They're true when the information supports their cause. They're not going to show the downsides of cannabis if they're campaigning to legalise it.

AerialAssault
April 21, 2006, 3:37 am
how is it bad for you?

Quote:Originally posted by frogboy Quote:Originally posted by AerialAssaultYes they are. The very reason such things as pro-cannabis websites exist is because the information they show is true.
They're true when the information supports their cause. They're not going to show the downsides of cannabis if they're campaigning to legalise it.
the fact is, that there really arent all that many downsides. sure, smoking anyhting isnt healthy. but thats easy to balance by just not smoking every day.

GAMEOVER
April 21, 2006, 3:49 am
Man you guys are idiots expecially you alex oner go take your little boy ass and go sit in a corner you little punk. You ever see someone in their older age burnt out from smokeing so much weed? I have, I use to smoke it as well. Yes its used as alternative medicine but for you to justify that like its just so good for you to smoke weed is just hilarious. Your a little punk who lives at home with mommy, smokes his brain cells away, and it really shows. One joint contains more tar and other harmful chemicals when smoked then half a pack of your average cigarettes. Thank you so much for the laughs loser and for you to attack me in defense of your "drug" just goes to show you have a problem. Get some help little boy.. I can promise you I know more about that drug then you ever will and not by using it either. Im glad I grew out of that and am now following a more straighter path the question is though when will you?

AerialAssault
April 21, 2006, 4:06 am
 Quote:Originally posted by GAMEOVER One joint contains more tar and other harmful chemicals when smoked then half a pack of your average cigarettes.

Excuse me.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. ha.

and no, youve never smoked weed before kid.

GAMEOVER
April 21, 2006, 4:10 am
Yeah I smoked for years and its nothing to brag about believe me little one. I used it mostly for other intentions though but like I said im glad I grew up. I dont live at home with mom or ever had money from parents I been on my own since I was 16, bet your not older then that right now. I have 20x the expierence then you have. Those who are older know they shoulda listened to some older more expierenced people once or twice in their lives and those who havent will think so sooner or later.

Vijchtidoodah
April 21, 2006, 4:21 am
I think it's time to step in and set the record straight. First off, there isn't really any hard evidence either way for the whole "Smoking kills/helps brain cells" debate.

On the one hand, AA quotes that one website which is, in fact, information from a very credible experiment (I never looked at the site, though, I'm just familiar with the experiment). However, the subjects were rodents, not humans, and we know from many other tests that often times effects in rodents can be drastically different from those in humans. Not only that, but the researchers tested cannabinoids that aren't even found in the marijuana you smoke.

As for why we have cannabinoid receptors in our brains -- you know the answer. But consider that perhaps the amounts of chemicals in our brains are supposed to stay at certain levels and not become altered too much by doing something contrary to our nature.

Gameover, settle down. Just because you're hidden behind some computer doesn't give you any kind of authority and, judging from your liberal use of undeserved insults, you already know that. That being said, you're half right. While the long-term neurological effects of smoking weed isn't well defined yet (although there is some evidence that the effects last, at most, for about a month), you are right that it causes problems due to tar and carcinogens -- but then there are so many wonderful alternatives such as eating it or, to make it much more potent, vaporizing it.

Also keep in mind, Gameover and Kazuki, that you both have extremely biased (and exaggerated) views of weed smokers. Yes, weed slows you down a bit. Yes, your mind might go all over the place. But is that really a bad thing? In a society where people are too preoccupied with themselves as they rush around to buy sh*t they don't need wouldn't slowing down be a good thing? In fact, Kazuki, changing the topic several times in a sentence was praised not too long ago because it meant that you were a true Renaissance Man who was interested in many different ideas and activities.

Then again Kaz, the way you described those kids makes it sound like they were just like that to begin with and probably just happen to smoke a lot of weed, or they've just smoked too much altogether.

Finally, just to nip this one in the bud, I'm sure some opponents of smoking (and drinking) would argue that these people are just doing these things because they're depressed/anti-social/incapable of having fun without the use of chemicals -- which may be true in some cases -- but you can't just judge everyone who drinks or smokes because a few made that kind of an impression on you. I know many emotionally stable drinkers and smokers who simply like to have a little extra fun or be a tad out of control of themselves which, in all honesty, isn't any different from the chemicals rushing through your brain when you're on a roller coaster or playing some intense video game. Then these same smokers and drinkers go out and lead completely normal lives, sometimes even exceeding the straight-edge kids around them.

So go ahead and look down on them all you want, but you're just like them -- you do certain unnatural things to mess with the balance of chemicals in your head on a daily basis.

Vijchtidoodah
April 21, 2006, 4:22 am
Eh, AerialAssault, GAMEOVER, and Kazuki are really the only ones who need to read that long-ass post above. I really don't expect the rest of you to have the attention span to sort through it, especially on a day like this.

Happy 4/20 everyone.

Kazuki
April 21, 2006, 4:47 am
Yes, my views are biased, but in all honesty, you can make that claim on just about anyone. Any opinion that contradicts your own in the slightest way can be considered biased. I think that one simply cannot gather all sides of the topic in focus and create a compromise or consensus amongst them, much less one that everyone can agree on.

For example, while I agree with your opinion on today's society and that it may be healthy to "slow down" once in a while, I don't agree with you attaching that to a reasonable use for drugs such as weed. Sure, slow down. Lay down in a recliner, put on some soothing music, soak your feet in lukewarm water. Whatever. But why do it using drugs?

It's true that I don't exactly look into the scientific details of what effects weed may have on you, and it's true that I've never experienced it myself, but it's clear to see that weed has effects on the human body and/or mind that I myself do not want. For some God-forbidden, out-of-this-world reason, I like to be in control of myself and to be in the best shape, both physically and mentally, I can be in given the circumstances.

But I think I'll just stop here due to multiple reasons. For one, none of this will change anyone's mind and I'm only wasting time. Secondly, all I'm doing is getting on everyone else's case, when apparently the better thing to do at this point is to just not give two stools in the wind about what they do, even though it may in whatever way affect my experience. I won't do drugs because I have a strong belief that they are troublesome and unnecessary things, and it is probably that very belief that makes me frustrated when I see someone intaking whatever type of drug. I won't do them and I'll let you get completely trashed on them if you like.

Vijchtidoodah
April 21, 2006, 4:56 am
Sure, but before you go...

You said "Why [slow down] using drugs?"

My simple non-answer is, Why not? Why is it so wrong to do it with drugs as opposed to listening to soothing music? On the one hand, you're ingesting chemicals to change your brain chemisty; on the other, you're listening to mind altering music to change your brain chemistry. In this case, I believe that the end justifies the means.

Kazuki
April 21, 2006, 5:03 am
Yes, yes, change your brain chemistry. Very vague, is it not? Ignoring all my lack of scientific knowledge, soothing music didn't alter your senses the last time I checked.

In a more logical sense, I would guess that both methods use external sources, but one directly influences your so-called brain chemistry through physical contact while the other sparks something internally (that is to say, using whatever is already in your brain), thus leading me to believe that negative effects are less likely and to a much lower extreme.

frogboy
April 21, 2006, 5:13 am
Mind-altering music is cheaper!

karmazon
April 21, 2006, 5:18 am
I can alter my mind with just a thought

Deleted User
April 21, 2006, 5:33 am
 Quote:Originally posted by karmazonI can alter my mind with just a thought

Greatest quote ever.

bja888
April 21, 2006, 5:45 am
 Quote:Originally posted by ?Honestly I have and will never do drugs

Caffine is a druge. That dew you love so much has 55 mgs of it in there.
[URL]

GAMEOVER
April 21, 2006, 6:22 am
This is just silly. Im sure their are a few people who lead normal lives while under certain influences but I can tell right now that just about everyone who smokes weed and replyed to this thread are not one of those certain people.

Vijchtidoodah
April 21, 2006, 6:35 am
Kazuki, cannabinoids are also something that is already in your brain. :)

One could also argue that the music you're listening to is not naturally in your brain, it's something laboriously created by someone else for the specific purpose of affecting your mood. Using this reasoning, smoking weed seems more natural.

lithium
April 21, 2006, 8:12 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by GAMEOVERThis is just silly. Im sure their are a few people who lead normal lives while under certain influences but I can tell right now that just about everyone who smokes weed and replyed to this thread are not one of those certain people.

Really? Can you?

I like to think of myself as an intelligent, level-headed guy. I can form a complete sentence, I can get through the day without smoking pot; in fact, I don't really do it that often, usually not more than once or twice a week. People like you who make the assumption that only a small minority of pot smokers are normal never cease to shock me with their sheer ignorance. You claim to have smoked weed for years and to have known many people who smoked weed also. If this were true you would already know what I'm saying. Most people who smoke marijuana are normal. They just like it because it's fun. Is that so wrong? Just because some people toke their brains out and are drugged-out losers, there's something wrong with smoking dope? If that's what you think, then to use words you can identify with: go sit on the corner, little boy.

Jello
April 21, 2006, 8:14 pm
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. " -Hunter S. Thompson

n00bface
April 21, 2006, 8:49 pm
?I hate people who take drugs- especially those people in customs...they take the most!?

~ Oscar Wilde on Drugs

"I dont take drugs,I just borrow them, and anyway... drugs don't affect the brains, brains affect drugs.... I think."

~ Oscar Wilde on Dope (literaly)

"I am the eggman, they are the eggmen. I am the walrus, goo goo g?joob."

~ Oscar Wilde on Drugs

Deleted User
April 21, 2006, 9:04 pm
har har....

Wow this has turned into a very very serious discussion. Now if you havent had fun with people who are smoking weed, then haha you suck come to canada!!!

I've done it only twice, and i havent been high before :( But that doesnt matter, because all my friends got high, and there all funny as hell!

Now whats a party without weed these days?

a-4-year-old
April 21, 2006, 11:11 pm
i probably will never do drugs that are illegal in the USA currently

The Geologist
April 21, 2006, 11:33 pm
I find more things troubling about that statement than most of the others on here 4-year-old.

?
April 21, 2006, 11:34 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by bja888 Quote:Originally posted by ?Honestly I have and will never do drugs

Caffine is a druge. That dew you love so much has 55 mgs of it in there.
[URL]

What you seriously think i didn't now that? I used to get caffine headaches about a year ago. Caffine is in chocolate too :O and i hope your ready for this! COFFEE!! I know I was like OOGLES!! NO WAY! -_-

AerialAssault
April 22, 2006, 12:14 am
there are hundreds of caffiene related deaths per year. still no cannabis related deaths. anywhere. ever.

?
April 22, 2006, 12:36 am
aa nothing against you but where in the hell do you pull these stupid facts from?

The Geologist
April 22, 2006, 12:44 am
Ahem...even if it is a stupid fact, it's still a fact, which means it's true. And he's right, even if he is a bit off target. Well, I'm not sure about caffine...yet only because it's such an insignificant drug it hasn't warrented the thought on my part.

It was a bit misphrased. There have been no deaths caused by marijuana use. You can smoke pounds and you'll get light headed or pass out, but you won't die. This is not the same thing as smoking pot and then getting into a head on collision while you're high, or doing something else while under the influence. It also means this statement is rather void, because smoking is a proven source of many lung related disorders, including cancer. Sounds good on paper but doesn't get much farther than that.

Edit: And this statement is saying nothing about possible benefits or other aspects of pot. Just clearing things up a bit.

bja888
April 22, 2006, 1:09 am
 Quote:Source: [URL]

In most cases an overdose of caffeine will not kill you. However, it can be fatal. A lethal dose is estimated at 10 grams.
Retard! Your not as drug free as you think you are, u stoner you!!

The Geologist
April 22, 2006, 1:18 am
To whom are you directing names?

Deleted User
April 22, 2006, 1:39 am
I dont know what the f*ck this topic is about and I dont feel like reading all of it to find out. But since It seems to be about drugs, I would like to point you guys towards a pretty good article by Gore Vidal.

Quote:- Exerpt from Gore Vidal's article
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extracts from "Gore Vidal United States Essays 1952-1992" by Gore Vidal (1992 ISBN 0-679-41489-4), Page 641

It is possible to stop most drug addition in the United States with a very short time. Simply make all drugs available and sel lthem at cost. Label each drug with a precise description of what effect - good and bad - the drug will have on the taker. This wll require heroic honesty. Don't say that marijuana is addictive or dangerous when it is neither, as millions of people know - unlike "speed", which kills most unpleasantly, or heroin, which is addictive and difficult to kick.

For the record, I have tried - once - almost every drug and liked none, disproving the popular Fu Manchu theory that a single whiff of opium will enslave the mind. Nevertheless many drugs are bad for certain people to take and they should be told why in a sinsible way.

Along with exhortation and warning, it might be good for our citizens to recall (or learn for the first time) that the United States was the creation of men who believed that each man has the right to do what he wants with his own life as long as he does not interfere with his neighbor's pursuit of happiness (that his neighbor's idea of happiness is persecuting others does confuse matters a bit).

This is a startling notion to the current generation of Americans. They reflect a system of public education which has made the Bill of Rights, literally, unacceptable to a majority of high school graduates (see the annual Purdue reports) who now form the "silent majority" - a phrase which that underestimated with Richard Nixon took from Homer who used it to describe the dead.

It is a lucky time for the American moralist that our country has always existed in a kind of time-vacuum: we have not public memory of anything that happened before last Tuesday. No one in Washington today recalls what happened during the years alcohol was forbidden to the people by a Congress that thought it had a divine mission to stamp out Demon Rum - launching, in the proces, the greatest crime wave in the country's history, caysing thousands of deaths from bad alcohol, and creating a general (and persisting) contempt among the citzenry for the laws of the United States.

The same thing is happening today. But the government has learned nothing from past attempts at prohibition, not to mention repression.

Last year when the supply of Mexican marijuana was slightly curtailed by the Feds, the pushers got the kids hooked on heroin and deaths increased dramatically, particularly in New York. Whose fault? Evil men like the Mafiosi? Permissive Dr. Spock? Wild-eyed Dr. Leary? No.

The Government of the United States was responsible for those deaths. The bureaucratic machine has a vested interest in playing cops and robbers. Both the Bureau of Narcotics and the Mafia want strong laws against the sale the use of drugs because if drugs are sold at cost there would be no money it is for anyone.

If there was no money in it for the Mafia, there would be no friendly playground pushers, and addicts would not commit crimes to pay for the next fix. Finally, if there was no money in it, the Bureau of Narcotics would wither away, something they are not about to do without a struggle.

Will anything sensible be done? Of course not. The American people are as devoted to the idea of sin and its punishment as they are to making money - and fighting drugs is nearly as big a business as pushing them. Since the combination of sin and money is irresistible (particularly to the professional politican), the situation will only grow worse.

The New York Times, September 26, 1970

You can find more, just google Gore Vidal articles. As far sa drugs are concerned, my personal opinion towards drugusers is rather low. I have never in my life smoked a cigerrete or taken any sort of substance other than alcohol(and not much of it either). I dont plan to either.

The Geologist
April 22, 2006, 1:47 am
I agree with most everything in that article except claims that the American people will not (or have any power to) do anything. If this market is as large and lucrative as proposed, it seems to me like the operation running it would be, for the most part, outside of the hands of the common American entirely. There are efforts to reform drug laws in motion, so the "American people" (as loose of a b*stardized term as that is) are indeed doing something.

An interesting read none the less.

frogboy
April 22, 2006, 1:50 am
 Quote:Originally posted by AerialAssaultthere are hundreds of caffiene related deaths per year. still no cannabis related deaths. anywhere. ever.
Those were from people who took entire bottles of caffeine pills to stay alert. That's the equivalent of 250 cups of coffee. It would be the equivalent of someone overdosing on pure THC, which is probably possible given enough of it.

AerialAssault
April 22, 2006, 2:01 am
Well then I stand corrected. and to Geo, there has never been a case of cancer in a pot smoker who only smokes pot that ive ever heard of. find me a pot smoker with cancer who didnt smoke anything else but pot.

bja888
April 22, 2006, 2:02 am
Hurray for drugs both legal and not!!!

Because humans can not make it though life on their own!!!
(they need a little green guy on their shoulder to tell them what to do)

The Geologist
April 22, 2006, 2:17 am
Bja...if you can only contribute pessimism, then please...just shut up. You've said the same thing a few times now just with different words...it's getting old. Not everyone smokes or enjoys a substance because they can't make it through life on their own. To think so is both silly and wrong. The more you say the more I wonder just what goes on in that head of yours.

AA - I prolly went a step too far...research is still out on cancer, but come on...put two and two together. Prove to me that pot doesn't cause cancer and we'll talk. See how wonder circular arguements are? Fact is, you're putting smoke into your lungs, smoke is a carcinogen, and it burns/hurts/scars the lungs. Chronic cough (no pun intended) and bronchitis are a few proven (yes, proven) side effects. I love pot as much as the next guy, but don't kid yourself into thinking it's some harmless wonder drug. Not everyone smoking cigs gets lung cancer, but even if rates are much lower in pot smokers the fact (will) remain the same.

Edit: Nvm, there's your info AA \/\/

Deleted User
April 22, 2006, 2:18 am
 Quote:A study of 450 individuals found that people who smoke marijuana frequently but do not smoke tobacco have more health problems and miss more days of work than nonsmokers(9). Many of the extra sick days among the marijuana smokers in the study were for respiratory illnesses.

Even infrequent use can cause burning and stinging of the mouth and throat, often accompanied by a heavy cough. Someone who smokes marijuana regularly may have many of the same respiratory problems that tobacco smokers do, such as daily cough and phlegm production, more frequent acute chest illness, a heightened risk of lung infections, and a greater tendency to obstructed airways(10). Smoking marijuana increases the likelihood of developing cancer of the head or neck, and the more marijuana smoked the greater the increase(11). A study comparing 173 cancer patients and 176 healthy individuals produced strong evidence that marijuana smoking doubled or tripled the risk of these cancers.

Marijuana use also has the potential to promote cancer of the lungs and other parts of the respiratory tract because it contains irritants and carcinogens(12, 13). In fact, marijuana smoke contains 50 to 70 percent more carcinogenic hydrocarbons than does tobacco smoke(14). It also produces high levels of an enzyme that converts certain hydrocarbons into their carcinogenic form?levels that may accelerate the changes that ultimately produce malignant cells(15). Marijuana users usually inhale more deeply and hold their breath longer than tobacco smokers do, which increases the lungs? exposure to carcinogenic smoke. These facts suggest that, puff for puff, smoking marijuana may increase the risk of cancer more than smoking tobacco.

I dont agree with the last paragraph because the articles I have read are onot consistent, however the first 2 paragraphs I can agree with, as I havent really seen much evidence proving otherwise.

Rambo_6
April 22, 2006, 2:37 am
Here's what i gathered from these five pages:

"OMG WEED IS LIEK SO GOOD N IT HAZ NO SIED EFFECKS"

"STFU WEED IS THE DEVIL"

"PROVE IT"

"NO U"

"NO U"

"-INSERT RANDOM MEDICAL QUOTE-"

"I DISAGREE"

"STFU"

"UR MOM"

....And it's still going.

Everyone, grow up. Weed isn't like huffing glue or ether. It's a plant that grows in the ground. In moderation, it has little to no side effects. A lot of my friends smoke up almost every weekend, and they aren't dead or skidding out/combination of any of those 2.

Some of you must have a reason to be so heavily against drugs. Maybe it's because you are 'fighting the norm' or 'being cool by your own terms'. Maybe it's because you've seen the bad side effects. Either way, if you're an extreme leftist or an extreme rightist(?!) who is heavily for or against marijuana, you SUCK.

Except for Alex, cause he has lots of weed and he's cool.

AerialAssault
April 22, 2006, 2:55 am
Well thats marijuana SMOKE. what if one were to use a vaporizer? or consume a "special" brownie?

Deleted User
April 22, 2006, 2:59 am
I believe that drugs should be legalized because people should have teh right to do whatever they want with thier body. You said people are "fighting the norm" or "being cool by your own terms" if they are against drugs. Um, let me remind you that NOT taking drugs is the norm; taking them is not. Now you decide whether that paragraph in your post made any sense at all. Do you understand that breaking the law is "fighting the norm". Just read Gore Vidal's article, one of my major belief's on this issue is alot of teenagers simply take drugs because they arent allowed to. Rebel teens eh?

Your friends may take marijuana every weekend, but does this mean you are going to see the side effects in 1 week? or 1 month? or even 1 year? No, many side effects make themselves present years after, and not every single person will develop them. Does this mean there are no side effects? NO that is not what it means.

another quote from Gore Vidals articles..
 Quote:"What should be done about drug addiction? As of 1970, England was the model for us to emulate. With a population of 55 million people, they had only 1,800 heroin addicts. With our 200 million people we had nearly a half-million addicts. What were they doing right? For one thing, they turned the problem over to the doctors. Instead of treating the addict as a
criminal, they required him to register with a physician, who then gives him, at controlled intervals, a prescription so that he can obtain his drug. Needless to say, our society, based as it is on a passion to punish others, could not bear so sensible a solution. We promptly leaned, as they say, on the British to criminalize the sale and consumption of drugs, and now the beautiful city of Edinburgh is one of the most drug-infested places in Europe. Another triumph for the American way."

Deleted User
April 22, 2006, 3:47 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Rambo_6Here's what i gathered from these five pages:

"STFU WEED IS THE DEVIL"

"PROVE IT"

"NO U"

"NO U"

"I DISAGREE"

"STFU"

"UR MOM"

Everyone, grow up. Weed isn't like huffing glue or ether. It's a plant that grows in the ground. In moderation, it has little to no side effects. A lot of my friends smoke up almost every weekend, and they aren't dead or skidding out/combination of any of those 2.

Some of you must have a reason to be so heavily against drugs. Maybe it's because you are 'fighting the norm' or 'being cool by your own terms'. Maybe it's because you've seen the bad side effects. Either way, if you're an extreme leftist or an extreme rightist(?!) who is heavily for or against marijuana, you SUCK.

10/10 that was perfect

GAMEOVER
April 22, 2006, 3:50 am
I have known and do know a lot of smokers in my life, all of them have made nothing of themselves. Ive only met one some what successful person (a parent) who was a teacher and smoked and even she quit smokeing it after years.

Deleted User
April 22, 2006, 4:20 am
How about you let them do what they want to their body? Why should you care, if they are just going to stubbornly stand by their opinions?

I honestly could care less what other people do to their bodies, whether it be smoking or drinking, let them do it.

bja888
April 22, 2006, 5:54 am
 Quote:Originally posted by SadistAtHeartHow about you let them do what they want to their body? Why should you care, if they are just going to stubbornly stand by their opinions?

I honestly could care less what other people do to their bodies, whether it be smoking or drinking, let them do it.

Thus the nature of my post. Do what you want with your body, keep it behind closed doors. Just don't complain me when you just screwed your girlfriends best friend(s) due to chemical suggestion + general good feeling about the gathering...

More on the subject when I feel like typing a lot. And maybe calling some old friends to see how they are doing these days.

The Geologist
April 22, 2006, 6:43 am
Nice hypocritical statement. "Do what you want with your body" in one post vs. "yay for drugs 'cause humans can't make it on their own" in the one before it. Are you kidding or what?

Kazuki
April 22, 2006, 4:14 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Rambo_6Here's what i gathered from these five pages:

"STFU WEED IS THE DEVIL"

"PROVE IT"

"NO U"

"NO U"

"I DISAGREE"

"STFU"

"UR MOM"

All I got from that post was:

"INSERT MANIPULATED QUOTES HURR"

"U AL SUX CUZ U TINK WEED SUX N MAH DRUGGIE AND/OR ALCOHOLIC FRUHNDS R STILL ALIVE"

It's fun to turn someone's post into complete sh*t, isn't it? You're making no point whatsoever with your post and you don't support your reasoning. "You all SUCK" isn't a valid excuse for opposing our opinions and putting bullsh*t into our mouths. I can also tell you that I know a few people who have smoked pot before or still smoke it and are alive and well. That doesn't change the case in the least, and it is not something you can use to support a thesis.

DeMonIc
April 22, 2006, 4:36 pm
Recently I've met a punk. The new-old fashioned, ugly haired dope looking type of guy with the Union Jack on his sweatshirt.

We had a nice little conversation going on, and the topic got steered onto the world of drugs. Naturally, we soon started talking about whetever weed's addictive or not.

Him: Weed's not addictive, I can tell you for sure.
Me: Oh, how so?
Him: I'm not addicted to it. And I've been smoking weed for 3 years.
Me: How often do you smoke weed anyway?
Him: Oh around two or three times a week. And it's not addictive.
Me: ...dude... can you hear what you're saying?
Him: I'm telling you, it's not addictive! I haven't smoked since Thursday, and I'm not missing it.

...it was Saturday.

My two cents are that anything can become an 'addiction' if you do it constantly. In weed's case, you don't start missing it, but it can become a habit, which can't be good on the long run.

AerialAssault
April 22, 2006, 5:04 pm
Allow me to explain to you demonic what he was saying.

Weed isn't addictive in the same way alcohol or tobacco can be. For example, if you were to smoke every day for 3 years and one day just quit cold turkey, you would feel just fine. You wouldnt be irritable, have any body aches or any kind of withdrawal symptoms. The most that could happen to you is you could become psychologically addicted just because you like the way it makes you feel so much. But this sounds worse than it really is because all it means is that weed is just about as addictive as say...fast food.

bja888
April 22, 2006, 6:13 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by AerialAssault For example, if you were to smoke every day for 3 years and one day just quit cold turkey, you would feel just fine.

That reminds me of a durg bashing example...

If you drink alcohol heavily for a while (3 years as in the previous example) and then go cold turkey. It will kill you.

The Geologist
April 22, 2006, 6:30 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by AerialAssault

Weed isn't addictive in the same way alcohol or tobacco can be. For example, if you were to smoke every day for 3 years and one day just quit cold turkey, you would feel just fine. You wouldnt be irritable, have any body aches or any kind of withdrawal symptoms. The most that could happen to you is you could become psychologically addicted just because you like the way it makes you feel so much. But this sounds worse than it really is because all it means is that weed is just about as addictive as say...fast food.

Wrong.

Ask anyone in charge of helping addicts get off of pot and they will tell you that withdrawl from smoking can include massive depression and periods of relapse justification, where any little excuse like "pots not hardful" can beused to justify continueing. The effects of constant use are felt for a long time after getting clean.

AerialAssault
April 22, 2006, 6:47 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by The Geologist Quote:Originally posted by AerialAssault

Wrong.

Ask anyone in charge of helping addicts get off of pot and they will tell you that withdrawl from smoking can include massive depression and periods of relapse justification, where any little excuse like "pots not hardful" can beused to justify continueing. The effects of constant use are felt for a long time after getting clean.
I've never heard of such. I've done lots of research on the issue and both sides of the fence have always stated that there is very little risk of dependancy.

The Geologist
April 22, 2006, 6:53 pm
Try asking some real medical professionals who deal with addiction. Asking other people is just silly most of the time.

Chakra`
April 22, 2006, 7:13 pm
Oh AerialAssault ...how your look-at-me-i'm-a-dope-fanboy approach annoys me so. God I hate kids ¬_¬

Which brings us back to an earlier conclusion of mine. Internet + 'research' = not always good results. The same internet that hosts such amazing facts as how Elvis never died and is currently admin'ing some freeware gaming forums somewhere (thankyouverymuch), and the revelations of how the government has poisoned the water supply to turn us all into mutant transexuals in order to help preserve the survival of humanity.

I read in the paper today as it goes that some new science body has revealed that marijuana is nothing 'but' harmful, and was attacked by other studies into the matter for being too liberal and left-or-right-winged and so on etc... political crap. You can read 'facts' about marijuana anywhere, and new ones like that come out every damn day.

One fact however is that you're fooling yourself and you're a fool for believing half of it. If you smoke it enough and be around others who have, only then will you know the real deal.

The real and only fact is, it 'can' be a harmless drug, but to fool yourself into a belief of safety by reading all this research bollocks that ends up countering each other's results ain't the way to go about it man.

Best way to go about it? ask experienced people. Ask Geologist. Seen his pictures? he's got a beard that looks like it was made out of hemp, and he's got a head on his shoulders. But don't ask google.

bja888
April 22, 2006, 7:47 pm
Ask Wiki!!
 Quote:
The nature and intensity of the immediate effects of cannabis consumption vary according to the dose, the species or hybridization of the source plant, the method of consumption, the user's mental and physical characteristics (such as possible tolerance), and the environment of consumption. This is sometimes referred to as set and setting. Smoking the same cannabis either in a different frame of mind (set) or in a different location (setting) can alter the effects or perception of the effects by the individual. Effects of cannabis consumption may be loosely classified as cognitive and physical. Anecdotal evidence suggests that the Cannabis sativa species tends to produce more of the cognitive or perceptual effects, while Cannabis indica tends to produce more of the physical effects.
[edit]

Active ingredients, metabolism, and method of activity

Of the approximately 400 different chemicals found in Cannabis, the main active ingredient is tetrahydrocannabinol (delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol, THC). THC can degrade to CBL and CBN (other cannabinoids), which can make one feel sleepy and disoriented. Different cannabis products have different ratios of these and other cannabinoids. Depending on the ratio, the quality of the "high" will vary.

THC has an effect on the modulation of the immune system which may have an effect on malignant cells, but there is insufficient scientific study to determine whether this might promote or limit cancer. Cannabinoid receptors are also present in the human reproductive system, but there is insufficient scientific study to conclusively determine the effects of cannabis on reproduction. Mild allergies to cannabis may be possible in some members of the population.

bja888
April 22, 2006, 8:14 pm
Since Geologist seems to be confused. Here is my position on the subject...

Like stated before, I have lots of friends who came to school every day smelling of weed. I actually watched them grow up from freshmen year to senior.... Good times. Regardless of their choices they are still good friends. Not once did I tell them what they should or should not do. And I still keep that quality today. People learn better when you give them the facts and let them make up their mind. Sadly though, I have learned something like 80% of the population today is not capable of making choices. That is a different story though.
Therefor "Do what you want with your body".

Also in this time of being around these people I call friends. I noticed how there is always something going on. Someone is sleeping with someone else they should be. Someone parents are pissed at someone. Someone made a stupid choice that will cost them a lot of money. And it always boiled down to drugs.
Had they been smarter they would of better choices and things would be fine. Although, if they where that smart then they would of figured out there is no reason to do the drugs in the first place. There are things out there that last longer than I high and leave you with a better feeling. (No, not talking about religion or love)

Therefor, Don't include me in your little (very little) chemical adventures and i'll leave you alone.

You may of noticed, this is how I feel about all drugs both legal and non.

AerialAssault
April 22, 2006, 8:45 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Chakra`Oh AerialAssault ...how your look-at-me-i'm-a-dope-fanboy approach annoys me so. God I hate kids ¬_¬

Which brings us back to an earlier conclusion of mine. Internet + 'research' = not always good results. The same internet that hosts such amazing facts as how Elvis never died and is currently admin'ing some freeware gaming forums somewhere (thankyouverymuch), and the revelations of how the government has poisoned the water supply to turn us all into mutant transexuals in order to help preserve the survival of humanity.

I read in the paper today as it goes that some new science body has revealed that marijuana is nothing 'but' harmful, and was attacked by other studies into the matter for being too liberal and left-or-right-winged and so on etc... political crap. You can read 'facts' about marijuana anywhere, and new ones like that come out every damn day.

One fact however is that you're fooling yourself and you're a fool for believing half of it. If you smoke it enough and be around others who have, only then will you know the real deal.

The real and only fact is, it 'can' be a harmless drug, but to fool yourself into a belief of safety by reading all this research bollocks that ends up countering each other's results ain't the way to go about it man.

Best way to go about it? ask experienced people. Ask Geologist. Seen his pictures? he's got a beard that looks like it was made out of hemp, and he's got a head on his shoulders. But don't ask google.

I realize that smoking it isnt exactly healthy. When I say its harmless, I am pointing out the fact that it cannot harm you like so many other "drugs" can through overdose. I know tons of pot smokers. Some of which are pretty empty-headed. Just as many of them are some of the most intelligent, profound people I have ever known. Smoking too often can be bad for you, as over-indulgence in ANYTHING is bad for you. I'm not even sure where this argument is going anymore.

Chakra`
April 22, 2006, 9:32 pm
S'going nowhere really. I just feel better when I convince myself i'm doing good by re-illustrating common sense to some good-for-nothing doped up marijuana fanboy who probably only got into it 'cos it got him into a social circle of cool chilled out arse-loving skinny small-sacked school-dropout hairy bum-boys with nowt better to do than watch repeats of Futurama through the fog, making intelligent comments on how impossible it is for Bender to operate if the inside of his body is hollow, moving on to "where does the beers he drink go?" and then "so if the word 'bender' isn't funny in the future, does that mean theres no more homosexuals? how do they explain that?"

I JUST WANT TO -HELP-

The Geologist
April 22, 2006, 10:40 pm
"Since I seem to be confused"? Perhaps if you were clearer on the matter, bja, I might not seem so confused. Don't feed me bogus numbers like 80%...you havn't studied anything except your own little population of emo friends (your words, not mine). That is not a real number. In one post you say humans are dependant on that little green guy on their shoulder, in the next you say let people take what they will...those are two contradictory statements. I do appreciate your explaination (it helps...we can't all peer into the heads of others :) ). I'm a stickler for things like that though...just part of my character.

This has gotten way off course, and I don't want to seem like the bad guy here. You can smoke weed all you want to...as much as you want, when you want, whatever. I've loved smoking pot personally. I love it as much as the next guy, but as with any substance people just need to be informed. IT does cause addiction, yet the research is stull fuzzy in the effects and long term issues. This is only because long term effects demand long term studies. Moderation is key, if you over induldge you will see problems, but for those who have a brain about the matter and know their limits problems should be few and far between. If you smoke or if you refrain, more power to ya.

bja, AA...I'm sorry if I cam across as an ass. When I argue I do it in firm tones and I try to create solid arguements. It's not my intention to get people mad or anything, because I actually like this sort of discussion (when it's a discussion :D ). ANyhow..I have weekend to enjoy..you guys take it easy.

GAMEOVER
April 22, 2006, 10:42 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by SadistAtHeartHow about you let them do what they want to their body? Why should you care, if they are just going to stubbornly stand by their opinions?

You are right smoke your self stupid for all I care.

bja888
April 22, 2006, 11:29 pm
a) Whats wrong with Futurama?
b) Three people in a row just said they dont care what you do in the privacy of you own home. After I just said that last page.
c) Chakra should be limited by the number of adjectives he can use in one post.
d) Not sure about the rest of the US or World but the people in FL are hopeless. Blow it up.... NOW! (Thats where I got the 80% figure from. I forgot there is a real world out the somewhere.)
e) Letters suck
6) We still love you Geologist
7) We love you AA!
8) Are there any unanswered questions?
9) Do we all agree?
10) Can we let this topic die?

Cookie.
April 22, 2006, 11:39 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by AerialAssaultWell thats marijuana SMOKE. what if one were to use a vaporizer? or consume a "special" brownie?

Hahaha! That was the worst night of my life!!! I went to this special cafe in Toronto that has now currently closed its doors since it was overly popular for what they were selling... Basically you pay 10 bucks to get a private room for an hour in this really nice place and then they have a vaporizer inside... It was really good it pretty much only leaves the fun stuff in the smoke :D However they also sold other products that contained marijuana... Actually everything they sold on there menu contained marijuana(cookies, milkshakes,cakes,pies, etc.), except the turkey sandwich which was just there to get the people with the munchies... Anyways the effects I get from smoking are usually really light and I had never tried eating it before...

I must say its a completly different expierience and I had waaaay too much. I ate 2 brownies which contained some pot\hash and then I bought a 20 dollar chocolate bar, which contained 20 dollars of pot.... Apparently you only needed to eat 1 piece of these things to get messed up but I ate it all! After we left they told us it would take about an hour after we ate it for the effects to hit...

So I was walking down the street after that and finally the effects hit me my face just got really mushy and numb and everything was funny.. I ended up back in my apartment still laughing at everything and after awhile though I started feeling really awful the lights in my room just seemed really orange and hurt my eyes and I ended up curled in a ball in my room until 6pm the next day when I could finally move again because before any movement made me feel sick and would take me forever to accomplish! Yea so thats my story me and my friends all went overboard and were stoned until the next day had passed.

-Fake Edit-
Oh and btw I ate these wasabi chips during my horrible expierience and for the next 3 months any thought of wasabi made me nauseas because I psychologically connected it to my sickness :P

Famine
April 22, 2006, 11:53 pm
 Quote:
"A true example of a stoners lack of intelligence.. anyway everything kills brain cells expecially marijuana."

should we take your word for it, or are you going to provide us with some kind of proof?

Proof: Your cultural boundaries only extend to Tool and other projects by that maynard [CENSORED]got.

Well, that is a bit biased, it could just be that people who listen to tool have cannibis sigs or the otherway around. It may not be a cause/effect relationship but more of a connection.

Deleted User
April 23, 2006, 12:23 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Chakra`S'going nowhere really. I just feel better when I convince myself i'm doing good by re-illustrating common sense to some good-for-nothing doped up marijuana fanboy who probably only got into it 'cos it got him into a social circle of cool chilled out arse-loving skinny small-sacked school-dropout hairy bum-boys with nowt better to do than watch repeats of Futurama through the fog, making intelligent comments on how impossible it is for Bender to operate if the inside of his body is hollow, moving on to "where does the beers he drink go?" and then "so if the word 'bender' isn't funny in the future, does that mean theres no more homosexuals? how do they explain that?"

I JUST WANT TO -HELP-

Touche

Deleted User
April 23, 2006, 2:47 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Cookie. Quote:Originally posted by AerialAssaultWell thats marijuana SMOKE. what if one were to use a vaporizer? or consume a "special" brownie?

Hahaha! That was the worst night of my life!!! I went to this special cafe in Toronto that has now currently closed its doors since it was overly popular for what they were selling... Basically you pay 10 bucks to get a private room for an hour in this really nice place and then they have a vaporizer inside... It was really good it pretty much only leaves the fun stuff in the smoke :D However they also sold other products that contained marijuana... Actually everything they sold on there menu contained marijuana(cookies, milkshakes,cakes,pies, etc.), except the turkey sandwich which was just there to get the people with the munchies... Anyways the effects I get from smoking are usually really light and I had never tried eating it before...

I must say its a completly different expierience and I had waaaay too much. I ate 2 brownies which contained some pot\hash and then I bought a 20 dollar chocolate bar, which contained 20 dollars of pot.... Apparently you only needed to eat 1 piece of these things to get messed up but I ate it all! After we left they told us it would take about an hour after we ate it for the effects to hit...

So I was walking down the street after that and finally the effects hit me my face just got really mushy and numb and everything was funny.. I ended up back in my apartment still laughing at everything and after awhile though I started feeling really awful the lights in my room just seemed really orange and hurt my eyes and I ended up curled in a ball in my room until 6pm the next day when I could finally move again because before any movement made me feel sick and would take me forever to accomplish! Yea so thats my story me and my friends all went overboard and were stoned until the next day had passed.

-Fake Edit-
Oh and btw I ate these wasabi chips during my horrible expierience and for the next 3 months any thought of wasabi made me nauseas because I psychologically connected it to my sickness :P

Friend: Where in Toronto?

Cookie.
April 24, 2006, 3:05 am
 Quote:Originally posted by dascoo Quote:Originally posted by Cookie. Quote:Originally posted by AerialAssaultWell thats marijuana SMOKE. what if one were to use a vaporizer? or consume a "special" brownie?

-Fake Edit-

Friend: Where in Toronto?

Well it was just a little green bean cafe you could say... Apparently they don't serve just anybody anymore you need a secret pass or something. http://www.kindredcafe.com/introduction.htm
Thats their website

Hitman
April 25, 2006, 1:56 am
Another topic on the rights and wrongs of drugs, eh? Well, I've skimmed through enough of the posts to get an overall feel of the opinions being thrown back and forth and would now like to input some of my own personal experiences as a heavy pot smoker.

Marijuana, being easily available in most cities is the most widely used recreational drug in the world, by people from all circles of life (take note of the word recreational). The reasons for smoking varies from person to person, however the most superficial and stereotypical one being 'because they can't face reality'. This could not be further from the truth. Pot is just a silly, fun little drug and in no way is it a substitute for some people's lack of confidence. From my experience and those of friends, being stoned dramatically reduces your confidence, especially when you are around people [you don't know] who are not. You try to avoid crowded areas and brightly lit shops as you feel exposed to those around you because you think they know you're stoned. In short, it makes it harder to face reality. Pot is best experienced in a comfortable environment with friends, nice music and lots of food. Sitting in Hyde Park watching the sun go down whilst sharing a spliff with friends is great; you relax, giggle at stupid shit and say "Yeah man" a lot. It's a great way to sit around with friends, do nothing, and yet still enjoy it.

However, although Pot may not be noticeably harmful with regards to physical [brain] damage, it still affects your lifestyle in a negative way. You become used to the lazy-laidback approach to things when stoned and this carries over into your normal day-to-day running, manifesting itself into a "Gonna have a spliff to help me relax and then I'm gonna get to work" attitude. Crawling into bed stoned off your face slowly becomes a common occurrence after which you find yourself thinking you need a spliff to go to sleep. I have been smoking for the past 3 years and more heavily over the last 7 months and as a result I find I am far lazier and I tend to procrastinate even with things I love doing. It's not the fact that you become addicted, you just get used to the lazy lifestyle of [essentially] doing nothing but still enjoying yourself, whether with friends or alone. This can also cut into the way you run some parts of your social life as getting used to being stoned with certain friends makes you want to avoid hanging out with them when you don't have weed out of fear of having nothing to do. Ironic, is it not?

On the up side, however, the mental state it puts one in allowed me to appreciate different forms of music; namely Ambient. This is the perfect genre to listen to when you're high; it completely relaxes you, which is essentially what you want when you smoke. (Check out the radio station Groove Salad for the best music). This also had a knock-on effect on my lifestyle and in some respect relaxed my outlook on it, which is both good and bad (the word "Chill" starts being used just as often in situations considered inappropriate as appropriate). Pot is also a good Icebreaker ? sharing a spliff with some people you've just met is a great way to get everybody to know each other on a more humorous level. Sharing a spliff with two strangers who asked you if you had a spare cigarette but instead offered them a "Special Cigarette" is another story. Nevertheless, people who smoke pot use it to find a common connection with each other, thus allowing them to get along better after having just met and in turn develop a friendship faster. This, however, is not my preferred way of starting a friendship.

Although I had started smoking more heavily 7 months ago, it was really the two months at Film School that topped it all off. During the 5 months preceding them my 'heavy smoking' was a couple of spliffs almost every night whether at home, at a friends house or out in town, which was justified by the self-inflicted-belief that it was night time and it wasn't cutting into my normal day, which in essence is true and I still agree with this. However, being in a film crew that consisted of only Pot-smokers wasn't good. Sure, we had a crap load of fun, but 2 months of being stoned pretty much all day ? everyday - can't be good for you. Smoking pot is fun and all, just don't let yourself slip like I did.

AerialAssault
April 25, 2006, 3:06 am
I was waiting for a response from you Hitman. Weed can be totally harmless if used in moderation. Heavy smoking like you mentioned is when people see the negatives. Despite the fact that I might seem like a "heavy smoker", as of the time of this writing I haven't even smoked weed in about 4 weeks. I have a few joints (spliffs) rolled and ready to go right here in my room, but I am not smoking them because I have homework to do and school in the morning. Quite honestly, I really only smoke once or twice a week at the most. If it's ever twice its on friday and saturday night.

Deleted User
April 25, 2006, 3:47 am
When you guys smoke do any of you have the irresistable urge to wiggle, jiggle, and shwiggle your way around?

Swarmer
April 25, 2006, 3:56 am
Harmful or not, why would you even need to do it at all? There are much safer forms of recreation, not to mention cheaper. There are plenty of things in life that are just as fun, if not more, and you can do all of these things for free and not have to worry about any consequences, physically or socially, that may occur.

Here is a list of things:
-Sports
-video games
-going to a movie with friends
-lan party
You get the point.

It's odd if you need to satisfy yourself chemically, whether it's alcohol, tabacco, or drugs. It seems like a an issue of a lack of individuality. If drinking and smoking wasn't considered cool, no one would do it at all. Admit it: alcohol was nasty the first time you tried it. You had to force yourself to like beer. Smoking is the same, except it's addicting, more expensive, gets everything dirty, and makes you smell terrible. As for drugs, it's like a bad version of eating: you spend large quantities of money for consumable goods for momentary pleausure, except eating is required for life. Hence, drugs seem to be a form of gluttony. Excessiveness. I'm not telling you what to do, but why do it at all?

People argue that it's harmless, but you still can't disagree with these facts:
-It gives many people a negative image about you.
-It could lead to addiction if you are not careful.
-It's expensive.
-It's illegal (in some places).

And of COURSE it's harmful. How could it be safer than smoking tobacco? People say, "well, it's not more harmful than tabacco." Well, guess what: tabacco is pretty damn harmful. it's what, one of the leading causes of death? Just because tabacco is legal doesn't mean it's a good thing. The only reason why it's not illegal is because it's been legal for a long time, and making it illegal would be impossible (like the Prohibition). And for economic reasons.

Why take all these risks when you can do other wholesome activites, that are probably more enjoyable, and without all the consequences of a negative image, high cost, and health problems?

AerialAssault
April 25, 2006, 4:27 am
Swarmer, I understand what you are trying to say. But none of those things you mentioned can compare. Not to mention that most of them are much more fun while high. Quite honestly, I don't give two [CENSORED]s about the people who think less of me for my marijuana usage. Cannabis is FAR less harmful than tobacco, first of all they are differnt chemicals that affect different parts of your body. Second of all, addiction to weed is purely psychological in most cases, very few people ever develop physical dependancy to weed. Third of all I like the taste of beer. Fourth "you spend large quantities of money for consumable goods for momentary pleausure" Wrong. While the acual high may temporary, you develop a more relaxed persona and you develop much stronger and closer relationships with friends that you smoke with, which is always good. You act like all I do is smoke weed, like I said, its just something you do every now and then to relax with some friends. You would have to try it to understand.

shoover
April 25, 2006, 5:01 am
Guys, i cant believe u all are dedicating 420 such horrible stuff.

Heres something u should all know.

guess what happened on 4/20/99?

Columbine high school.

2 ppl murder nearly 100 students because they got made fun of. At this date, it was tragic moment across america. Weed isn't. This day should be commemerated by what happened. I felt sry for those that died. But 4/20 should bring ppl closer. It brought those 2 kids didnt, and looked what happened.

Shame on all of you.

AerialAssault
April 25, 2006, 5:45 am
Weed brings people together.

The Geologist
April 25, 2006, 5:56 am
Shoover, please...I lived near Columbine, there's no need to bring that up in this topic. Not to mention you're someone who knows nothing about the incident, considering nowhere near 100 people were killed. So shut up if you can't get the basics right.

Ahem.

Swarmer - Your "facts" are pretty hollow.
* There have been plenty of ill percieved "negative images" over time, such as that of nearly anyone of color and many races. Stereotypes are often ill deserved and propoganda based...films like Refer Madness helped to push some of the groundless claims that continue over to this day.
*Many things lead to addiction..on this I agree, and it shouldn't really be an issue. People need to realize this already.
*Doesn't have to be expensive. Then again, if it wasn't illegal the gov't and other bodies wouldn't be making cash off of fighting/smuggling weed, so until the laws go away that cost remains.
*Legality is a trivial issue. Booze was illegal around a century ago, and what is legal in one place can be perectly legal or even holy in another. So why should the fact that it's illegal (in some places) even matter?

Vijchtidoodah
April 25, 2006, 7:32 am
 Quote:Originally posted by shooverGuys, i cant believe u all are dedicating 420 such horrible stuff.

Heres something u should all know.

guess what happened on 4/20/99?

Columbine high school.

2 ppl murder nearly 100 students because they got made fun of. At this date, it was tragic moment across america. Weed isn't. This day should be commemerated by what happened. I felt sry for those that died. But 4/20 should bring ppl closer. It brought those 2 kids didnt, and looked what happened.

Shame on all of you.

It's also Hitler's birthday -- He brought the Germans together, let's celebrate everything he stands for.

AerialAssault
April 25, 2006, 12:00 pm
If Hitler had never done the whole holocaust thing, or started WW2, he probably would've been remembered as one of Germany's greatest leaders. He brought the country out of the depression.

Deleted User
April 25, 2006, 12:04 pm
Um back on topic? O yah this is on topic :D Some kid in the school had a birthday on 420......

livingdalife
April 25, 2006, 12:29 pm
Happy Get Stoned Of Ur Lollie Day!!! Damn I hate being sixteen...with parents who are harsh on drugs..oh well I'll climb ova the neighbors fence and pick a few plants. kikikiki ^^

shoover
April 25, 2006, 5:39 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by The GeologistShoover, please...I lived near Columbine, there's no need to bring that up in this topic. Not to mention you're someone who knows nothing about the incident, considering nowhere near 100 people were killed. So shut up if you can't get the basics right.

Ahem.

* There have been plenty of ill percieved "negative images" over time, such as that of nearly anyone of color and many races. Stereotypes are often ill deserved and propoganda based...films like Refer Madness helped to push some of the groundless claims that continue over to this day.
*Many things lead to addiction..on this I agree, and it shouldn't really be an issue. People need to realize this already.
*Doesn't have to be expensive. Then again, if it wasn't illegal the gov't and other bodies wouldn't be making cash off of fighting/smuggling weed, so until the laws go away that cost remains.
*Legality is a trivial issue. Booze was illegal around a century ago, and what is legal in one place can be perectly legal or even holy in another. So why should the fact that it's illegal (in some places) even matter?

No need!? what u mean? and all this [CENSORED]en weed and [CENSORED] at 4/20, a drug that already is killing ppl, needs to be celebrated.

lithium
April 25, 2006, 7:59 pm
I think he said there's no need because...there's no need. Bringing up Columbine is just like people saying "omgz its also hitlers b-day." Just because something happened on one day doesn't mean that day can't be shared by something else. Horrible stuff has happened on almost any day of the calender you could care to mention, so why don't we all just be quiet and sad all the time?

and btw weed doesn't really kill people if used in moderation, and as far as I know even if used heavily.

AerialAssault
April 25, 2006, 9:18 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by shoover Quote:Originally posted by The GeologistShoover, please...I lived near Columbine, there's no need to bring that up in this topic. Not to mention you're someone who knows nothing about the incident, considering nowhere near 100 people were killed. So shut up if you can't get the basics right.

Ahem.

No need!? what u mean? and all this [CENSORED]en weed and [CENSORED] at 4/20, a drug that already is killing ppl, needs to be celebrated.
Killing people? Cannabis has been smoked for its intoxicating effect as far back as 8000BC. To this day there has yet to be a SINGLE death as a result of cannabis alone. It doesn't kill people, there is no disputing that fact.

Swarmer
April 25, 2006, 10:46 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by The Geologist
 Quote:*Legality is a trivial issue. Booze was illegal around a century ago, and what is legal in one place can be perectly legal or even holy in another. So why should the fact that it's illegal (in some places) even matter?

How can you honestly say that it is wrong to look down on someone smoking pot? If I am a job interviewer for a high powered business job, and I find out that my interviewee is a pot smoker, then no, I'm not going to hire him, for legitimate reasons. Why? At the very least, it's illegal. No, legality is NOT a trivial issue. Who cares if it's illegal in somewhere else. If it's not legal to smoke it where you are, then it's wrong. Period. Personal gratification is no justification for breaking the law. A job interviewer is not going to hire someone irresponsible enough to break the law for the sake of his own chemical desires.

If it's legal where you are, it doesn't necessarily mean it's a good thing to do. That's where the other aspects come in.

Quote:*Many things lead to addiction..on this I agree, and it shouldn't really be an issue. People need to realize this already.
Well yeah. Of course they do. This is no way to argue. Many things can lead to death, but it doesn't mean playing Russian Roulette is okay to do. I'm not talking about other things. I'm talking about drugs. What makes a psychological addiction okay? If you are addicted psychologically, you are addicted.
How can it be less harmful than tobacco? You're still inhaling smoke. You have a good chance for lung, mouth, and throat cancer.

Quote:

Yes, it will always be expensive. It's definetly not going to be cheaper than tobacco, and tobacco is pretty expensive. Smokers spend a few thousand dollars a year on cigarettes. Why waste your money on harmful things when you could do healthy things that are just as gratifying?

Bottom line is, if it's illegal, it's not okay to do it, no questions asked. If it is legal, then you have to look at the other points. The other points say, why start up something potentially harmful, potentially addicting, inevitably expensive, and inevitably disreputable?

If you don't smoke it, don't start. Livingdalife, don't even think about doing it. Your parents actually know what they are talking about sometimes. Smoking weed doesn't make you cool. I'm not even sure if you will be able to handle it responsibly. Why start something that COULD potentially ruin your life, when instead, you could not do it, and be just as well off?

Just don't do it. At the very best, you will be happier for a few hours sometimes, at some expenses. On the average, you will introduce a lot of problems into your life. At the worst, your life will be ruined.

Famine
April 25, 2006, 10:50 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by AerialAssaultWeed brings people together.

While I agree that weed CAN be relatively harmless and should be legalized, I have to disagree with this statement's use as an argument. This holds no value in a debate. Sure, it can bring people together, simply because they will have something in common. They feel a connection because they have experienced similar events and enjoy the same thing. It also helps the bond when the activity is illegal, but remember this still holds no argumentative value. This is because paedophilia, beastiality, and other things can bring people together, but that doesn't make it right.

Quote:

Glad to hear it. I am for legalization of it, but atleast respect the law. If it is trivial here, then it looses lots of its meaning.

Cookie.
April 26, 2006, 12:09 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Swarmer

If drinking and smoking wasn't considered cool, no one would do it at all. Admit it: alcohol was nasty the first time you tried it. You had to force yourself to like beer.

Thats a lie. If you didn't get the effects from drinking and smoking less people would do it, if your doing it to be cool its for all the wrong reasons. Anyways people would probably still drink wine for the flavours even if it didn't make them cool or give them the effects of alcohol.

Famine
April 26, 2006, 12:40 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Cookie. Quote:Originally posted by Swarmer

If drinking and smoking wasn't considered cool, no one would do it at all. Admit it: alcohol was nasty the first time you tried it. You had to force yourself to like beer.

Thats a lie. If you didn't get the effects from drinking and smoking less people would do it, if your doing it to be cool its for all the wrong reasons. Anyways people would probably still drink wine for the flavours even if it didn't make them cool or give them the effects of alcohol.

That's right! Getting [CENSORED]faced is the only reason alcohol should be consumed!

AerialAssault
April 26, 2006, 1:27 am
Swarmer. My god. Seriously?

[CENSORED] the law. The very fact that weed is illegal...is illegal. It's unconstitutional for it to be illegal. Let me tell you something, regardless of the law, if i were an employer and I had the choice of two applicants, both of equal qualification but one was an alcoholic and the other was a habitual marijuana user, I would hire the pot smoker first, so long as he never comes to work that way. Why? because I am not IGNORANT to the truth about Cannabis Sativa. Swarmer, the fact of the matter is that its quite obvious that you have done NO research whatsoever on weed, nor have you ever even tried it. This, negates your right to an opinion on it.

Swarmer
April 26, 2006, 2:02 am
 Quote:Originally posted by AerialAssaultSwarmer. My god. Seriously?

[CENSORED] the law. The very fact that weed is illegal...is illegal. It's unconstitutional for it to be illegal.

lol. How is banning weed unconstitutional? That's ridiculous. If you can come up with an argument for that, I'll come up with an argument of why child pornography and public exposure should be legal. Either way, the fact is, it IS illegal (in most parts of the US). If you're using it when it's illegal, it's WRONG. Why would you break the law just to feel good for a few hours? There are times when moral boundaries are shaky, and breaking the law might be a necessity, but this is not a moral epidemic. Whether or not it is harmful or not doesn't override your duty as a citizen.

Quote:Let me tell you something, regardless of the law, if i were an employer and I had the choice of two applicants, both of equal qualification but one was an alcoholic and the other was a habitual marijuana user, I would hire the pot smoker first, so long as he never comes to work that way. Why? because I am not IGNORANT to the truth about Cannabis Sativa.

You're not an employer, and I'm not an employer. But I think we can both agree that it's better to not let our employer know if we smoke weed or not. And why would you hire the pot smoker first? You gave no reason. Just because you don't think it does anything doesn't mean you should be biased and hire him first. If they were both the same in every other way, shouldn't it be a better idea to hire the other one, since he will NOT come to work high ever?

Quote:Swarmer, the fact of the matter is that its quite obvious that you have done NO research whatsoever on weed, nor have you ever even tried it. This, negates your right to an opinion on it.

Now you're just trying to attack me. It's not obvious at all whether I researched it or not, seeing how I gave arguments based on intuition and common sense, instead of hard scientific facts (which are equally valid in thier own circumstances). If you noticed, all my arguments disregard whether it's harmful or not. Which argument did I give requires research and citation? And just because I don't smoke weed doesn't mean I'm not allowed to have an opinion about it. Have YOU ever driven planes into skyscrapers? Then don't whine about 9/11.

Btw, what does the number 420 mean anyway?

The Geologist
April 26, 2006, 2:54 am
It's police code for a pot bust. Why the heck are you bringing up 9/11? Even if it is for the sake of an example, it's just as stupid and pointless as talking about Columbine.

While I do think AA is a bit overzealous in his claims that you can't have an opinion, an uneducated opinion is next to worthless. Half of your claims need research and citation, because pot and those who smoke it are not negatively viewed world wide, and addiction is still in the process of being researched. Even if addiction is proven (which I believe it is), it's citation worthy. Addiction also implies harm to the self, and negative perceptions imply a similar negative mindset, so I would have to say your aruements are about it being harmful.

AA, you shouldn't hire either candidate based on such a shallow judgement. You're judging a book by its cover and that will only lead you in to trouble. You so easily put yourself in the role of the employer, yet you take in to account none of the responsibilities. Businesses aren't about your own personal feelings unless you're the one in charge of it all, and even then it's questionable. Addicted employees are employees the company doesn't need, regardless of their substance of choice. And yes, I know people can make decisions for trivial reasons like this - but it doesn't make it right.

Edit: Famine - I agree, the laws should be respected...thus the many groups trying to get things legalized through the proper channels.

?
April 26, 2006, 3:16 am
AA seriously man, i think you've stated that weed has not killed anyone enough, not to be rude but its annoying to see the same thing in almost every post you make....

AerialAssault
April 26, 2006, 4:33 am
ive only said it hasnt killed anyone as many times as others have said it has. i was ready to let this topic die after Hitman's post with the conclusion being that pot is mostly harmless as long as you dont over-indulge.

Chakra`
April 26, 2006, 5:01 am

Sit down and let me tell you a little personal story, Aerial my son...

3 years ago I was your average invincible 20 year old lad. Every weekend i'd go chill at my friends getting high and socialising. Great times not to be missed. I remember the time I giggled for 20 minutes straight along side someone else for absolutely no reason, while the rest of the room just wondered what the [CENSORED] was going on. Beautiful.

Never bought any weed myself. Always just had the occasional around a friends. I was known as the guy that must've been born high 'cos I was always relaxed and nothing could ever stress me, solving problems with a Kirk-like level of responsibility and coolness.
But then one day, I started getting these odd tension headaches after the weekend. They lasted days and were a killer, and eventually coincided with paranoia too. Didn't know it was the weed at first, but I soon put two and two together and stopped smoking it. The end.

..unfortunately my mates never stopped, and my house was always full of the stuff too. I found out that when even just hanging around it i'd start getting the headache and paranoia again. It got worse over time and it opened the magical mysterious - and painful - doorway to insanity.

Turns out that there is researched evidence (always questionable 'course, though apparently thoroughly studied) towards increasing the likelyhood of schitzophrenia by 600% even if only smoked occasionally. Being a victim of it, I can't say I can disagree with the studies. Having recovered a long while ago though, I can see both sides of the coin; It benefits some with practically no unwanted side effects, and it can hurt others.

Both sides of the coin also say you're a finger-sniffing twat who's a dope-fanboy to look cool.

It managed to cause alot of pain and suffering and fear you could honestly only imagine in nightmares. Chuck Norris nightmares. So in conclusion guv, even light-indulgence can, at times, cause devestating effects.

?
April 26, 2006, 5:06 am
Yeah its a pretty well known fact that weed causes paranoia :P

karmazon
April 26, 2006, 6:44 am
im just dropping by to say marijuana is evil

Swarmer
April 26, 2006, 7:29 am
Geologist, I've never said any facts or claims that need evidence. I haven't mentioned anything about addiction or researches or studies. All I've said are things like it's disreputatable professsionally, it costs money, and it's illegal in some places. Nothing I've said so far needs proof or anything. You're just skimming my posts and concluding that I'm making claims that I'm not making, and you're replying with the generic "well, you don't have evidence so you're ignorant" reply.

And AA, about the convo we had earlier: to summarize, my point was that not everyone is going to benefit from weed (like Chakra for example). Some people will end up getting hurt, and it's just not worth it. At any rate, it's definetly not anything you should feel so strongly about. It's just a drug that you get temporary happiness from. Why does there have to be a big crusade about correcting some injustice that isn't? Even if it's exactly how you say it is, even if it was legal, I would still say that it's bad. You're not actually happy, your brain is just being told it is. It's unecessary. It's excessive. You don't have to squeeze every last molecule of dopamine out of life. There are plenty of ways to enjoy life just as much without having to force your body to enjoy it. A true master of restraint and self control would not use it at all.

The Geologist
April 26, 2006, 8:15 am
On the contrary - you're the one skimming posts. All claims need evidence. I agree with a few of your points, but just a few posts ago you directly stated "it could lead to addiction if you are not careful". That's one of your "facts" that you left of the list you rewrote in the above post. Do you want the quote? You have mentioned addiction. So, I'm not claiming anything you havn't already said. A statement like that definately does need evidence, even if it is true, because it's still being researched. Don't put words in my mouth son, because I never came close to calling you ignorant (yet). I agreed that it could be addictive and even argued as such in a post or two, so are you sure I'm the one skimming posts here?

And while we're on the matter, pay attention to your own claims. In your previous post you claimed you had made no mention to the harmful side of pot, how "all my arguments disregard whether it's harmful or not". I said that two of your four "facts" were, in fact, implying the harmful nature of pot (i.e. addiction and the negative connotation around smoking). Addiction implies harm to the user, and if you're trying to use this "negative image" reasoning then you have to be implying its a bad thing. In a sense it boils down to what is considered harmful, but in this sense you're implying these things indeed are harmful. If a negative image wasn't harmful, you wouldn't be using it as one of your "facts". I say again that this negative image isn't present in other parts of the world, but that seems to matter little. Only when the spotlight was put on you did you make the distinction about pot being "disreputable professionally". This is a direct look at your arguement thus far...it's not one line in a post, but pretty much your main point from a couple posts now. But instead of countering these points, all you have to say is that I'm not playing the game properly? What a waste of time.

On the other hand, if you don't research a matter you talk about you can blow as much smoke out your ass as you like. I mean, it's obvious enough with these flat-out retarded statements like "if drinking and smoking wasn't considered cool, no one would do it at all". If this is what you think, then I honestly feel sorry for you for that is the opinion of someone who really is pretty ignorant on the matter. If this isn't what you think, then why are you writing it as part of your arguement?

Swarmer
April 26, 2006, 7:25 pm
Why do all internet debates end up with the parties attacking each other? Nitpick all you like. Yes, I've mentioned addiction, but that's not the central point of my argument. I didn't even say it would definetly cause addiction. I said it could happen, which is a reasonable statement. And I meant harmful as in harmful to health.

I never said that you're "not playing the game properly". I just said you weren't really considering my posts for thier content, but rather if I even had a say in this subject. Your most recent post is the one saying I'm not "playing the game" properly.

Why do I need to do research to the sentence "my parents would look down on me if I smoked pot"? My argument is not based on scientific findings, but rather common sense statements. I have neither the time nor inclination to look through millions of articles with 50-50 opposition and figure out what side I want to pick.

And yes, you can call my peer-pressure statement retarded. Obviously you are just nit-picking again, and going for the "he said 'no one', therefore he's wrong" statement. My point was that a major factor in alcohol usage and smoking is peer pressure.

Look at the point of what the other person is trying to say. You understand the points I am making. Argue on technicalities and extremes if you want, but that will only turn this into an argument about each other.

Why do you have to use a tone of arrogance as a benefactor to your arguments?

Kazuki
April 26, 2006, 8:25 pm
Just stopped by to put in another two cents.

Aerial, when are you going to quit this whole "weed doesn't kill people" belief of yours? Directly? No, it doesn't. The vast majority of alcohol-related deaths aren't direct either, meaning the alcohol didn't kill you due to overdose. Yet somehow, it is one of the leading causes of death in the United States.

And now for my Rambo-like post of rediculous quotes:

"Weed brings people together."
"So why should the fact that it's illegal (in some places) even matter?"
"To this day there has yet to be a SINGLE death as a result of cannabis alone."
"[CENSORED] the law." -- Slight note: Next time I think something shouldn't be the way it is, I'll say that it is somehow disrupting my rights and privileges as a citizen and therefore unconstitutional. Yay, problem solved.
"The fact of the matter is that its quite obvious that you have done NO research whatsoever on weed, nor have you ever even tried it. This, negates your right to an opinion on it." -- Let's re-enact the Holocaust so we can form opinions on it. Oh, wait, there's research on it ... from about 4 different perspectives.

I at least respect the fact that you smoke "responsibly," Aerial, and I'm willing to give you credit on at least that.

The Geologist
April 26, 2006, 8:34 pm
I'm sorry, I didn't realize pointing out the holes on your shifting arguement was considered arrogance. It seems each time you respond it's another "specific"...now it's your parents looking down on you for smoking, a statement which obviously doesn't need research. Mind you, your parents don't represent parents in general, but on the whole I agree with that - most parents don't want their kids smoking anything. One post ago it was being looked down on professionally...and before that it was a "negative image", a broad of a statement as that is...just which one is it? These are all different statements with different implications. See what I'm getting at?

When you keep changing things up and conveniently neglecting things you say just a few posts ago, yes - you're going to get nit-picked. Deal with it. It's part of the process of arguement. And considering that you're touting some rather non-sensical things as fact (like this peer-pressure stuff) you should be thankful I didn't come down that much harder.

I've seen your points, they're not that hard to take in. I even agree with you on a few of them, and it seems like I've said that way too many times now. Your arguement is clear and straightforward, but the subtleties in certain points change. What I don't agree with is 1) using facts that don't really mean anything and 2) relying on b.s. statements like "if drugs weren't cool, no one would do them", and other such falsehoods. In short, you're not getting nit-picked because I'm missing your point(s) but because of the way in which you present/defend them.

Edit: I'd wager that this has degenerated in to attacking arguements because neither side is willing to budge. Let people do what they want, smoke or don't smoke and it's no difference to me, but ffs...I'm only trying to get the facts straight.

Edit 2: Maybe I should have mentioned this earlier, but when you say things that aren't really true (like that peer pressure statement) it kills your credibility. Even the most well-planned, trufthful arguement falls down when you kill your own credibility like that. That's prolly another reason for my tenacity.

Edit 3: Yea, I do get arrogant when I'm worked up. But it's something rather particular to argueing. Have a nice day :D

Famine
April 26, 2006, 10:03 pm
 Quote:Edit: Famine - I agree, the laws should be respected...thus the many groups trying to get things legalized through the proper channels.

Kudos to them, but I don't want to hear people whining how it should be legalized then they go off and break the law by smoking it. If you use politics to make a new law, fine all the better. As soon as you go and break the law though, you just degrade your whole argument. This is not directed towards you, Geologist, just people in general.

AerialAssault
April 26, 2006, 11:15 pm
Why do you think that Famine? i smoke it illegally becuase in the US, because there is no other way to smoke it. (unless you live in Denver, lucky [CENSORED]s) I don't feel bad about breaking that law because I am not doing anything morally wrong. I believe it should be legalized (and all other drugs as well) because it should be a person's decision what they can put in their bodies, not the government's. how can anyone possibly argue with that? reguardless of however harmful or safe any drug is, how can you say that the government should be making those choices for you? when a government denies you the right to do whatever you want so long as you arent harming anyone else, that is called totalitarianism.

frogboy
April 27, 2006, 12:16 am
You're comparing banning drugs to totalitarianism?

AerialAssault
April 27, 2006, 1:00 am
It not a war on drugs, its a war on personal freedom, keep that in mind at all times, thank you.

Why did you even bother to bring that up. I know that our government isn't totalitarian. But prohibition of any kind is the government regulating social behavior, which is characteristic of totalitarianism.

Famine
April 27, 2006, 1:05 am
 Quote: Why do you think that Famine? i smoke it illegally becuase in the US, because there is no other way to smoke it. (unless you live in Denver, lucky s) I don't feel bad about breaking that law because I am not doing anything morally wrong. I believe it should be legalized (and all other drugs as well) because it should be a person's decision what they can put in their bodies, not the government's

So, you want a law that will legalize it, but you won't respect the law? This is where your argument breaks down. Either try and get the law and stop smoking until then or shut up and keep breaking the law.

Quote:when a government denies you the right to do whatever you want so long as you arent harming anyone else, that is called totalitarianism.

It is? Man, [CENSORED] taxes then! Those totalitarian [CENSORED]s in the IRS auditing me. I don't want to pay taxes and technically that isn't hurting anyone. Damn, we live in a [CENSORED]ed up country.

If this were true, then every country would be totalitarian.

Deleted User
April 27, 2006, 1:53 am
i dont think they arrest people who are smoking weed in canada anymore, because my friends who are caught don't get a criminal record. i think they only go after drug dealers now........

AerialAssault
April 27, 2006, 2:12 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Famine Quote: Why do you think that Famine? i smoke it illegally becuase in the US, because there is no other way to smoke it. (unless you live in Denver, lucky s) I don't feel bad about breaking that law because I am not doing anything morally wrong. I believe it should be legalized (and all other drugs as well) because it should be a person's decision what they can put in their bodies, not the government's

So, you want a law that will legalize it, but you won't respect the law? This is where your argument breaks down. Either try and get the law and stop smoking until then or shut up and keep breaking the law.

Quote:when a government denies you the right to do whatever you want so long as you arent harming anyone else, that is called totalitarianism.

It is? Man, [CENSORED] taxes then! Those totalitarian [CENSORED]s in the IRS auditing me. I don't want to pay taxes and technically that isn't hurting anyone. Damn, we live in a [CENSORED]ed up country.

If this were true, then every country would be totalitarian.
Famine, don't give me that crap. You know what I meant. But if you want to get technical, not paying taxes would hurt the people who's salaries are paid with tax dollars.

Swarmer
April 27, 2006, 3:21 am
Geologist: Ok, but my peer pressure thingy wasn't meant to be taken as a literal, extreme situation. The phrasing of it is just a vehicle for my point which was that a large factor in substance usage is peer pressure. Of course "never", "everyone", "no one", and "always" statements aren't going to be true, but they still bring a point.

AA: I don't think that people should get 100% freedom over thier bodies. I'm not saying someone else should be able to control you, but simply that there should be legal limits to what you should do. Maybe you yourself don't care, but people care about the image and respect of the population in general.

AerialAssault
April 27, 2006, 4:04 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Swarmer
AA: I don't think that people should get 100% freedom over thier bodies. I'm not saying someone else should be able to control you, but simply that there should be legal limits to what you should do. Maybe you yourself don't care, but people care about the image and respect of the population in general.
So you, just like George Dubya believe "there ought to be limits to freedom"?

Rambo_6
April 27, 2006, 5:11 am
Heehee, my brother just got suspended for smoking pot in school.

But I still like pot! XD

Deleted User
April 27, 2006, 12:18 pm
woah really? nobody here gets suspended, just there weed tooken away....but some girl brought cocaine to school and then she got arrested becus the cops thought cocaine was [CENSORED].......there right

Famine
April 27, 2006, 11:23 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by AerialAssault Quote:Originally posted by Swarmer

With 100% freedom, there is no government. Come on, you are making lots of stretches here. Paying taxes hurts government officials? So now bosses can't fire people because it will take away their income? Every decision you make will some how effect someone in a negative way.

I'll stop giving you [CENSORED] when you stop pulling things our your ass.

AerialAssault
April 27, 2006, 11:32 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Famine Quote:Originally posted by AerialAssault Quote:Originally posted by Swarmer

With 100% freedom, there is no government. Come on, you are making lots of stretches here. Paying taxes hurts government officials? So now bosses can't fire people because it will take away their income? Every decision you make will some how effect someone in a negative way.

I'll stop giving you [CENSORED] when you stop pulling things our your ass.
I know these things famine. I only brought that up because you had to get all techical about it. I'm talking about 100% personal freedom, to be able to do whatever you want with your own body so long as you don't violate anyone else's rights. You knew that's what I meant Famine, you were just trying to distort what I was saying.

Famine
April 28, 2006, 12:54 am
 Quote:So you, just like George Dubya believe "there ought to be limits to freedom"?

I fail to see personal up there. I took what you wrote word for word.

AerialAssault
April 28, 2006, 3:00 am
I was quoting George Dubya with that. In response to Swarmer saying "I don't think that people should get 100% freedom over thier bodies."

Swarmer
April 28, 2006, 6:21 am
That's right, I think there should be clear boundaries on some of our activities, in order to maintain proper dignity and respect as humans and as members of a greater society.

The Geologist
April 28, 2006, 7:20 am
Sadly, there is no "clear" boundary..it's constantly shifting. The government should have no say in what I do to myself so long as my actions don't harm those around me, or inside of me (should I be a pregnant woman or have an alien in my chest). The freedom to do what I want to myself, but not the freedom to do what I want to others (or, freedom of self vs. freedom of action). But I have a question....just what kind of proper dignity or respect are you talking about? Do you honestly believe what I do to myself (as long as I'm not hurting others) drags down the "dignity" of this nation? Those things (until fairly recently, you can count the decades on one hand) have had little presence in law making or government except in the face of massive public outcry.

Swarmer
April 28, 2006, 8:14 am
I think as a society we have a responsibility to treat the actions of everyone as representative of that society. I don't want to be associated with a nation that allows marrying kitchen appliances or sex with arachnids. There needs to be standards that don't FORCE you to do something (you can still do it at a legal expense), but that sets up a sort of description of the population. It says, "This is the kind of people we are." If someone seeks sexual gratification with a blender, that is an insult to me as a human and as a member of his society. Sure, one person isn't going to tarnish anyone elses reputation. But if we allow those things and say that it's fine to do, then eventually our standards degrade, and it becomes something socially acceptable and more prevelant. I'm not saying a set of beliefs should be forced on every one of us; I'm saying we are all responsible, as a part of the same community, to show respect for what the community represents.

The Geologist
April 28, 2006, 5:32 pm
That sounds very similar to the arguement used to keep down blacks and women in this country for decades. What if what the community represents is wrong? Do you so quickly forget that people were worried about blacks kissing and being with white women, drinking from the same drinking fountains, and anything else that would eventually become more prevelant and "degrade" our society? Those are standards based on fear of change. That's why we shouldn't do what's good for the communities image, but for the human beings well being.

Swarmer
April 28, 2006, 7:17 pm
That's exactly what I'm saying. We much determine the correct standards to set, and not let any perversion of our ideals mess things up. We chose the wrong standards back then. That's why it's important for each and every one of us to live how morally straight, so as to not let any inconsistencies find its way to becoming the norm. We have to encourage a proper ideal and standard for our society as a whole, otherwise, it will lead to acceptance of bad things like racism and sexism.

AerialAssault
April 28, 2006, 8:42 pm
Swarmer, your agument holds no water because if something that "degrades" our society does become socially acceptable, then how is it "degrading" anymore?

Swarmer
April 28, 2006, 11:07 pm
Then it's not degrading anymore; it's already done its degrading. Once it's socially acceptable then that means the whole society has been degraded to it's level. That doesn't make it okay.

Famine
April 29, 2006, 12:33 am
 Quote:Originally posted by SwarmerThat's exactly what I'm saying. We much determine the correct standards to set, and not let any perversion of our ideals mess things up. We chose the wrong standards back then. That's why it's important for each and every one of us to live how morally straight, so as to not let any inconsistencies find its way to becoming the norm. We have to encourage a proper ideal and standard for our society as a whole, otherwise, it will lead to acceptance of bad things like racism and sexism.

We already accept these things, buddy. It is in the first amendment, but we tend to steer clear of these ideas so that they don't limit others opportunities and freedoms.

.alex.oner.
May 1, 2006, 10:08 pm
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]

all photos are photographed and © by me..

Chakra`
May 1, 2006, 10:27 pm
nice example of a weed fanboy there for ya Aerial. Wanna be as cool as alexoner?

nice baseballs anyhow.

.alex.oner.
May 1, 2006, 10:31 pm
yea, i only smoke weed cause it makes me look really really cool!11 dont tell anyone though!!

dont be so narrow minded and so stereotypical Chak..

a-4-year-old
May 1, 2006, 11:11 pm
yeah but weed addicted retards roam the earth, they are like illegal imigrants but they dont hurt the economy much

The Geologist
May 1, 2006, 11:43 pm
They don't really hurt the economy at all. Pretty bad analogy buddy, especially when people using perfectly legal substances do much more damage and act as a larger "drain" on the economy.

AerialAssault
May 1, 2006, 11:53 pm
Wish I could roll joints that good. Mine often fall apart and I have to use a glass peice or a coke can if desperate.

Swarmer
May 2, 2006, 12:33 am
Is there a special kind of paper you have to use to roll them? Or is it some everyday kind of paper?

Chakra`
May 2, 2006, 12:46 am
 Quote:Originally posted by .alex.oner.yea, i only smoke weed cause it makes me look really really cool!11 dont tell anyone though!!

dont be so narrow minded and so stereotypical Chak..

...so remind us why you just presented us with 8 pics of you showing off your weed.

Face it guv. It's as much of a status thing as it is an enjoyable drug to some, like yourself.

Deleted User
May 2, 2006, 12:51 am
lol my friends used regular paper once and he said it tasted bad

.alex.oner.
May 2, 2006, 6:18 pm
Chakra i posted pictures of my weed sure, why? hmmmmmmmmmmm... i wonder why!? mabye because thats what this thread is about.. i show off some things yea, but if i was that desperate to look 'cool' surely i would just walk around town with a tight pink polo shirt.. anyway i cant be arsed to argue, sorry if i enjoy doing photography and socialising with friends in a way that hasen't been properlly accepted you..

Deleted User
May 2, 2006, 6:49 pm
Is it true, that smoking weed makes your hair grow faster and makes them kinda err...curly?

AerialAssault
May 4, 2006, 1:51 am
beaver, ive never even heard of that before. thats not really even what many would consider a bad side effect. after all, long curly hair is currently in stlye, at least it is here.

Cookie.
May 7, 2006, 6:52 am
 Quote:Originally posted by AerialAssaultWish I could roll joints that good. Mine often fall apart and I have to use a glass peice or a coke can if desperate.

Don't smoke out of a coke can that is horrible for you... use a piece of fruit instead :P

Anyways today I passed through the global marijuana festival.. Queen's park was packed with people all smoking pot.. People had pot plants with them and some people had wreaths made out of it, even some dogs had them! People were selling all sorts of crazy stuff to smoke with and pot seeds. Some of you guys might have liked it. It was a pretty cool festival. After walking through it all I actually felt higher than I have before and I didn't even have a smoke(normally I just smoke at a party or something and never really get high from it). Awesome reggae and overall a cool festival all while the cops stood by observing and apparently some took part :P

lithium
May 7, 2006, 2:43 pm
Swarmer chill out man...so what if somebody wants to hump a blender, just let 'em at it and go your own way...I hate it when people try to force their beliefs on me, and I think everybody else does too.

Cookie that sounds pretty chill, I wish I coulda seen that ;o

And alexoner, those are some pretty damn good pictures, are you taking photography class or something?

Deleted User
May 7, 2006, 4:28 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Cookie. Quote:Originally posted by AerialAssaultWish I could roll joints that good. Mine often fall apart and I have to use a glass peice or a coke can if desperate.

Don't smoke out of a coke can that is horrible for you... use a piece of fruit instead :P

Anyways today I passed through the global marijuana festival.. Queen's park was packed with people all smoking pot.. People had pot plants with them and some people had wreaths made out of it, even some dogs had them! People were selling all sorts of crazy stuff to smoke with and pot seeds. Some of you guys might have liked it. It was a pretty cool festival. After walking through it all I actually felt higher than I have before and I didn't even have a smoke(normally I just smoke at a party or something and never really get high from it). Awesome reggae and overall a cool festival all while the cops stood by observing and apparently some took part :P

i heard of that!!!!!! cept didn't go!!!!!!

The Geologist
May 7, 2006, 8:16 pm
Someone should rename the title of this topic.

rabidhamster
May 7, 2006, 10:10 pm
I was thinking the same thing.

.alex.oner.
May 7, 2006, 10:40 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by lithiumSwarmer chill out man...so what if somebody wants to hump a blender, just let 'em at it and go your own way...I hate it when people try to force their beliefs on me, and I think everybody else does too.

Cookie that sounds pretty chill, I wish I coulda seen that ;o

And alexoner, those are some pretty damn good pictures, are you taking photography class or something?

nope, but i do photography in my spare time.. i just do art at college (well about to start this year)..

[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]

and my home made pipe..
[IMAGE]

Milkman Dan
May 7, 2006, 11:25 pm
Those look like a salad eaters turds lollll

Hitman
May 8, 2006, 12:09 am
[IMAGE]

Surprisingly, this is the only picture regarding weed that I've taken.

Swarmer
May 9, 2006, 8:56 pm
Way to make useless insults AA.
Guess what guys. It's not your country. It's everyones. It's not your special place where you can do whatever you want. Everyone collectively decides rules, and you have to abide by them. It's YOUR duty, as a citizen of a country, to follow the laws.
Legality does not mean impossiblity. Anyone can break laws, and if you want to have hot blender sex, then fine. But you, as a citizen living in a country, are responsible to abide by thier rules. Don't like thier rules? Then get out. The country provides inumerable benefits for you. If you can't comply with thier standards to uphold a general dignity, then either leave the country or pay the consequences.

It's not always about the individual. If someone breaks a rule and does something repulsive, then he is viewed as repulse. But if someone does something repulsive and it was never illegal, then the society is viewed as repulsive. This is how societies degrade. A society consists of EVERYONE in it. Laws are made to uphold a general standard. The society does A LOT of things for you. You would surely die without it. What they ask in return is that you comply with thier standards and by doing so, you maintain the integrity and status of the society.

The Geologist
May 9, 2006, 9:08 pm
Ahhh...so it was the people who banned together to create laws against pot, not a growing government driven by propaganda and misinformation. Cool. You know that stuff will make a black man look at a white woman twice.

But wait...what about places like Denver, CO, where the people have voted to okay the posession of up to an ounce of pot? Cops are freed up to concentrate on real crimes now. And if it's up to the society, then I guess that society must be okay with selling and consuming much deadlier substances like alcohol.

I know I feel safe living in a society that's looking out for me like that. ^_^

.alex.oner.
May 9, 2006, 11:11 pm
[IMAGE]

just made this 2 chamber..

Swarmer
May 9, 2006, 11:52 pm
The government IS the people. Citizens work thier way to become representatives to thier community, and become the voice of thier region in the government. Whether they actually do that is another matter, but the concept is there.

Society does a lot of important things for all of us (basically everything). It creates an economy, gives you opportunities to buy things from other people, it protects you with a military, it provides you with services, such as people to build a house for you, it supplies all the food you eat, and it gives you entertainment.

Swarmer
May 9, 2006, 11:55 pm
The government IS the people. Citizens work thier way to become representatives to thier community, and become the voice of thier region in the government. Whether they actually do that is another matter, but the concept is there.

Society does a lot of important things for all of us (basically everything). It creates an economy, gives you opportunities to buy things from other people, it protects you with a military, it provides you with services, such as people to build a house for you, it supplies all the food you eat, and it gives you entertainment.