( search forums )
Remote Server Launch
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
Elpram
April 20, 2006, 2:36 am
Alright, I'm currently trying to set up a soldat server on a remote box, however I have limited access to it (specifically FTP access to a folder).

I copied over all the necessary files, and it can run if i get someone to open soldatserver.exe on the box; however I would like to be able to control this myself. I wanted to do it through a php script using
<?php shell_exec('C:/Downloads/soldatserver249/soldatserver.exe');
?>
but no luck, I think it's because I'm trying to open the file via FTP. I also have no idea how I would close the server if I were able to get it open.

Thanks,
Elpram

chrisgbk
April 20, 2006, 3:51 am
You would have to make the php script accessible to the internet, via HTTP, and open it.

Elpram
April 21, 2006, 3:02 am
If I don't have HTTP access, is there another way of doing it?

Deleted User
April 21, 2006, 5:06 am
Is this a webserver your talking about?
Cause if it is an ftp server it won't work because ftp is JUST for the transmission of files.
If it is a webserver find out if it is windows or linux. If its linux you must change the script to
<?php shell_exec('C:/Downloads/soldatserver249/soldatserver');
?>
Then you must upload the file that contains the php script and view it through http.
like this: http://yoursite.com/phpscript.php

Otherwise it will not work.

Deleted User
April 21, 2006, 7:11 am
yeah and you also need to change it to
<?php shell_exec('start "C:/Downloads/soldatserver249/soldatserver"');?>

And it wont work anyway, as soon as the script ends the server will die. Another reason to get off winblows

chrisgbk
April 21, 2006, 6:30 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by ElpramIf I don't have HTTP access, is there another way of doing it?

As far as I know, there is not. Unless you can coax a sysadmin into starting it for you.

mar77a
April 21, 2006, 9:31 pm
Telnet? SSH?

Deleted User
April 22, 2006, 12:57 am
You can use the php-cli thing... go into command prompt and type 'php -q C:/path/to/script.php'

Elpram
May 7, 2006, 11:07 pm
Ok, it is a webserver, and it is running windows. I cannot access it to run things, and I do not have HTTP access to it, only FTP. So is it possible with what I have now (<?php shell_exec('start "C:/Downloads/soldatserver249/soldatserver"');?>) to start the server? Is there anyway to run it with Telnet or SSH or command prompt as previously suggested, or will I absolutely need HTTP access?

Elpram
May 17, 2006, 6:33 am
Okay, well just to let you guys know I got a work around. I just used the SITE EXEC command on a batch file, and got it working.