( search forums )
In-depth Mapping forums.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Ideas / Discussions
Pride
April 20, 2006, 7:01 am
I've set up forums for mapping in a effort to seperate maps by their quality and give people an idea as to what to download as well as to help server admins choose maps. There are also Help threads that hopefully will be inhabited by mostly quality mappers and detailed advice can be given.

The site can be foung Here

DeMonIc
April 20, 2006, 4:14 pm
Let me quote Ok's wise-words:

The problem with the Soldat community is that people always start projects, and never work with each other.

Mappers get help in these forums all the time. If someone downloaded the mapmaker, he's likely to stumble upon the forums too. As for the Good / Bad maps issue... we already have a Quality maps forum here, and I'm running MapMine for the same reason. Why make a new forum for these purpouses?

Keron Cyst
April 21, 2006, 12:36 am
Don't worry about him. Everyone always is greedy for power, especially when they see all that staff members can do on a forum. (If you try to attack me myself on that, I won't deny that I've wanted some.)

And yea, to "give people an idea as to what to download," click on every single map thread from the second or third page of Quality Maps down to the very end, manually handpicked by moi (and I'm really picky when it comes to that kind of stuff).