( search forums )
Mapping on a linux box
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Help / Resources
knudsen
April 20, 2006, 9:29 pm
Soldat is now running fairly well on my linux box through wine... well apart from the well known font issues anyway.

What I want now is to be able to do some mapping on linux. I was thinking something along the line of getting polyworks and/or mapmaker+ to run through wine. Since ingame soldat will run fairly well I figured this would be easy. Apparently it isn't :/

My current status:

wine "Soldat Polyworks.exe" yields:
- Windows popup: "Error loading Workspace, Invalid property value".
- Windows popup: "Error loading, Object variable or With block variable not set".
- Polyworks window with white where the map should be.
- When I do anything except opening a menu in the menu bar: windows popup: "Runtime error '91', Object variable or With block variable not set".

wine "MapMaker.exe" yiels:
- Functional mapmaker window except controls arent visible until I click them. Makes it kinda hard to use :/

Have anyone else had experience trying (maybe even succeeding) to get one of these working with wine? I would off course prefer Polyworks. I have used it on my brothers laptop enough to get the feeling that's the one I like best.

FliesLikeABrick
April 20, 2006, 10:34 pm
I'm pretty sure that polyworks can't be used in wine since it was made in VB, but I could be wrong