( search forums )
CTF_darksky
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
ifizzy142
April 20, 2006, 9:44 pm
i saw a sketch for this map in the map discussion forum by g-force9. it was basicly just a bunch of highrises. i took on the project of making the map and came up with this.
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
heres the download link
[URL]

this map has underground passages that are very dark with a high opasity so its almost impossible to see anyone down there unless you have a really sharp eye and camp =)

i already like the map the way it is but please give me any feedback or ways to improve it ^^

Deleted User
April 20, 2006, 10:16 pm
shading. especially under the lights.
why is there so many powerr ups?
this actually turned out better than i expected it to be

Eagles_Arrows
April 20, 2006, 11:37 pm
Whoa, it looks so plain from those screenshots. And with those lights, you really need to shade it.

This map also suffers from paucity of colors.

divix
April 21, 2006, 4:03 pm
looks very good but maybe you sould make the polys brighter

Mothafix
April 21, 2006, 6:12 pm
Ugly light scenery, use SK's
Only black is boring use other colours.
Gameplay is not good cause of those tunnels i think.

Deleted User
April 21, 2006, 9:21 pm
When you make large (Bigger thean one room) buildings in Soldat, I find it helps to make them "Room based". ie a bunch of sealed off rooms arranged in a certain way, and then you can decide where you want the connections between the rooms. When I see tunnells leading into huge chambers with loads of platforms sticking out the side it doesn't look very nice.

Still, okay map.

Pr0digy
April 21, 2006, 9:32 pm
This map is calling for some shading techniques.

g-force9
April 22, 2006, 1:58 am
I like the added spires on to the buildings and the tunnels under the buildings. And about the huge chambers with the platforms sticking out, I was questioning that when I was drawing the sketch. But you did to a good job of bringing one of sketches to life. And I like the fog effect as you go down to the bottom of the map.

Aegis
April 22, 2006, 2:36 am
I actually really like the look of it. It reminds me somewhat of the drawing style of an old cartoon (well not that old) Samurai Jack.

Raptor
April 24, 2006, 2:45 am
The first screen shot gave me a really good impression of the map, but as you go down... ...

Anyways, nice map!