( search forums )
Server help please
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
Gerfuggery
April 21, 2006, 12:37 am
Well i cant get my dedicated servers to work. Servers ping in lobby is ??? along with the other half of them. Anways..
Its probly cause im behind a router and im not using my external ip or u no whatever, but i dunno what to do to fix it so people can connect and yes i read the sticky. If that is the problem how do i change the ip the server is based on or whatever and if it isnt what do i do :S.
And then how does non dedicated start server work :S?
Oh and whys the name of it start with (WM)?
Thanks for your time
,Gerfuggery

Deleted User
April 21, 2006, 2:02 am
I don't knw too much about servers,

i think
??? means your ports aren't getting forwarded, go to this site
[URL]
and pick out your router then the next page shows tutorials for selected programs, as Soldat isn't up there just click any of them and follow the steps but enter your own ports of
23073 TCP
23073 UDP
23083 TCP

(WM) means Weapon Mod
your weapons.ini must have been altered from the original

Gerfuggery
April 21, 2006, 2:45 am
well when i connect to my router (http://192.168.0.1) it asks me for username and password and i dunno what to put for it, the default admin doesnt work

PureGrain
April 21, 2006, 4:01 am
By default it should be:

user: admin
pass: password

Be sure to change it if you have not done so before. And if you have. You may need to reset your router (small button located on the back or front).

Hope this helps.

KeFear
April 21, 2006, 6:38 pm
you guys obviously don't read any stickies...
They are there for reason.
for example this: Read Me - Running A Soldat Server

Banksey
April 21, 2006, 7:44 pm
Obviously u dont read at all cause he said he read it ^^

FliesLikeABrick
April 21, 2006, 8:48 pm
frenchie, I just want to post to say thank you for being so helpful, it has not gone un-noticed. I've noticed your very helpful and very kind posts in a couple different threads now

Deleted User
April 21, 2006, 9:27 pm
sweet,
thanks FliesLikeABrick
Sorry bit off-topic

The Read Me - Running A Soldat Server Sticky
is real good at explaining how to set up a server except the bit that shows which ports to forward, that bit is pretty confusing.

Gerfuggery
April 23, 2006, 6:32 pm
It should work but it doesn't i still cant find out the password to my thing. I tryed the reset button (The one you push with like a pen right?) Thanks for trying but what should i do o.0!
Ps. I'm using a telus dlink dsl-604+ and someone is networked to me if that matters