( search forums )
dm_lithium
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Ideas / Discussions
uglystik
April 21, 2006, 2:20 am
I am currently working on a new map im calling dm_lithium. the map has a 'nature taking over' theme (instead of cities taking over nature). its not finished yet but i did put a video together so it can atleast be seen. the map will also have 20+ 'secret' places to hide or camp. the video can be downloaded here: http://paint-check.com/lib/dm_lithium.wmv

tell me what you guys think..

Eagles_Arrows
April 21, 2006, 2:51 am
Video? Video!? Why don't you just post an image instead!!?

T_T; damn my dial up.

uglystik
April 21, 2006, 4:21 am
video > image? the things people complain about now-a-days..

Pr0digy
April 21, 2006, 5:00 am
People complain these days because sometimes videos lead to other unwanted little P.C. buggers that take you ages to try to figure out how to get rid of.

uglystik
April 22, 2006, 8:51 am
it is not a demo, it is a wmv file which im pretty damn sure 99% of the people on this forum have DEFAULTLY on their computer. f.u.c.k i just wanted to post a vid of my map so you can see how the whole thing runs and im getting flamed? wtf is up with this forum?

The Geologist
April 22, 2006, 9:50 am
Nothing is up with this forum, just a few of the people on it. So relax and be careful to not start flaming yourself.

Posting a video of a map isn't a good idea...if you want feedback, give us a picture of the overview with the whole map so people can comment on layout, shading, color, etc...the basics.

Oh, and getting around the swear filter is a no-no. Don't do it.

Deleted User
April 22, 2006, 11:28 am
It looks like a pretty nice DM map, if you'll fix some of the weird bouncy polys you've got there.. And the floating building looks kind of weird too. Otherwise it seems like a nice map.

I don't really know about those 20 camping places..

(BTW that upload speed kind of sucks..)

uglystik
April 22, 2006, 8:07 pm
i know about the bumpy spots the map isnt finished yet, and they arnt really camping places but more like areas of defence (no real offensive advantage). also what upload?

Eagles_Arrows
April 22, 2006, 9:29 pm
He means download rate

uglystik
April 23, 2006, 5:49 am
of the video? it might have been because i had some friends downloading some big files off it :(

Raptor
April 24, 2006, 3:23 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Eagles_ArrowsVideo? Video!? Why don't you just post an image instead!!?

T_T; damn my dial up.
mine too u_u