( search forums )
Ballistas.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
Raithah
April 21, 2006, 7:40 am
If you don't know what a ballista is, try the wikipedia article (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballista). In essence, it's a rock slinging siege weapon. Seems great for Soldat. I figured that one; you would only be able to shoot it while laying down, two, it would have an explosion effect on impact, and three, reload verry, verry slowly. Faster than a LAW, but longer than reload for six shots on a spas. And the bullet would be the size of three grenades, and move half as fast.

Deleted User
April 21, 2006, 8:21 am
so it would.....so it would be a LAW in essence but with differant gfx, and faster reload

Eagles_Arrows
April 21, 2006, 10:15 am

[IMAGE]

Are you saying you want that in the game?!

Two words for you: Soldat Modding. Why don't you build a mod with this weapon instead of asking MM to replace the good ole law with something archaic like this?

Ozone
April 21, 2006, 12:26 pm
Yeah, this is just like the LAW except it look like something them old people shot at castles. And theres nothin like when you crouch and *click* *PSHUUUUUUUUUuuuuu.....* *BOOM* *SPLAT*.

a-4-year-old
April 21, 2006, 1:16 pm
next you will want to "GRAB YER TORCH AND PITCHFORKS!" and burn the wicked witch of the capping in r/s

Raithah
April 21, 2006, 5:35 pm
I'm pretty sure your missing my point. I was suggesting the ballista so that people could hold a position instead of bum rushing the enemy every time they spawn. I'm not suggesting people camp. I've already seen a few people try to do this with smaller weapons, behind bunkers. The reason it never works though, is that people always just grenade or m79 you, and you go flying away into death. The ballista could change that because just by having two people there, you could conceivably hold an area for a long time (e.g. one person with ballista, the other with something like an mp5). The ballista making sure ten people don't ambush you at once, with the mp5 taking out a sniper, or enemy out of range. Because of it's slower-than-average reload, you wouldn't be able to spawn camp successfuly, and it's range limits you to less than a quarter of a screen. Also, the LAW was designed to take out one person, very quickly, while disrupting a group. The idea of the ballista, would be to hold off an enitre group for an extended period of time. I just though some strategy

a-4-year-old
April 21, 2006, 8:58 pm
yes, i think the mp5 should shoot everything out of range of the ballista

kkazican
April 25, 2006, 2:44 am
Ballista is an extremely large crossbow used to perforate castle walls in order to attach rope and scale the walls or to take out enemy catapults. Catapults are the rock slingers.

Lastly no since this isn't 480AD and they didn't have mp5s back then (Although it would be cool if I went back in time with one)