( search forums )
How Do You Upload Demos??
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Ivel
April 22, 2006, 2:18 am
Anyone know how to upload demos or to be able to watch them on windowns media player? I knnow how to watch them regularly on soldat {Demo#:Port 0), but I wnat to be able to change them to like avi or wmv. {Geologist, Xurich, better?}

Xurich
April 22, 2006, 2:22 am
Much better.

The Geologist
April 22, 2006, 2:22 am
Wow...I'm tempted to help you out, but the noobish nature of your swear-ridden post wills me to do otherwise. And btw, I'm kidding.

Oh well..I'll be nice. But for your own information three rows of censored icons just make you look like an idiot. Demos require special players. Use the search to find the Diamond Demo Player, it's the only version I've ever used. I don't think you want to upload demos, so much as view them, correct? That program will handle it.

Deleted User
April 22, 2006, 2:31 am
Read the manual.

Ivel
April 22, 2006, 2:40 am
i know how to watch them zamorak...

Deleted User
April 22, 2006, 3:50 am
http://www.fraps.com/

Beasticly
April 22, 2006, 5:25 am
Yep, go to www.fraps.com, and download fraps. Play your demo in soldat while fraps is running and record it. Then at the end you'll have a AVI file of your recording that'll be watchable in Windows media player, or other media players.

Dark_Noddy
April 22, 2006, 11:34 am
When U record a demo in soldat soldat writes the "plot" (what happens) to the demo file.. then when U play the demos Soldat reads from the demo file what to "display" in the "show".. Almost like theater ^^

Thus Soldat demos can only be played with Soldat..

Download fraps as mentioned or some other screen recorder app.. Then play the demos in soldat while recording..

OR

U can export the frames in soldat demo as bmp and find some program that makes a avi out of the bmps.. (says how to do so in manual)

However I'd go with fraps :)

Edit:
U can upload the sdm file.. ppl who have soldat can watch it... so unless U're making a movie with special effects sdm is the way to go.. (avi etc is much larger formats then sdm)

Ivel
April 22, 2006, 4:11 pm
ty for all those comments, I downloaded fraps, its cool, and I did wat you guys said, Now I got everything as AVI files :)