( search forums )
Where to start?...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Modding help
Snipers_Shot
April 22, 2006, 5:02 am
Hey alli though of making a mod and i dont have ANY clue where to start so does ne1 have a tut for me to read to figure this out?!

Keron Cyst
April 22, 2006, 4:49 pm
C:\Soldat\Weapons-gfx
C:\Soldat\Interface-gfx\Guns
C:\Soldat\weapons.INI

Check those out, and just keep experimenting. ;-)

Rhombus
April 22, 2006, 4:53 pm
and, check modding-faq's... it's a specific forum under "Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making"

Snipers_Shot
April 30, 2006, 9:49 pm
ty :D

Snipers_Shot
April 30, 2006, 9:51 pm
uhhh, how do i edit graphics

Deleted User
May 1, 2006, 1:13 am
Use MS Paint which should come with your copy of Windows. Or try Gale Graphics or GIMP, and if you're not poor, Photoshop CS 2 or Paint Shop Pro 9. Oh and if you can't find a download link, I suggest using a brand new search engine that hasn't been around that long and that nobody knows about, called Google. Oh boy I sure do hope they get publicity.

Next time, read the [CENSORED]ing FAQs.

Edit: Okay, if you've tried them then they should work, eh? Maybe you mean "why can't I make nice looking mods with MS Paint?" Well, in that case, it's not anybody else's but your fault that you're terrible with pixels. End.

Snipers_Shot
May 1, 2006, 11:28 pm
dude ive tried alot of things
ive tried ms paint ms paint 9 animation show pro 9

Snipers_Shot
May 2, 2006, 12:39 am
wait, i got ms paint 7...

Mäjsseli
May 2, 2006, 3:01 pm
LOL . It doesnt matter wich version you have, Why dont u check the FAQ:s .
They aren't there for nothing. BTW. Is there a FAQ for shading???

Snipers_Shot
May 3, 2006, 3:12 am
faq= locked!?

PGTDigital
May 3, 2006, 1:23 pm
for graphics i use Fireworks MX (Macromedia). it's so easy to use i taught a 12-year old how to use it. it's all vector-based (meaning objects are lines) and you can put an unlimited amount of editable vectors/bitmaps on a single layer!

it's really good for body parts and guns because if you f:censored:ck it up, you always have the original PNGs that you can edit and export to BMP.

there's a big difference between FW, Photoshop and GIMP. FW only costs about A$400 while Photoshop CS2 can cost about A$600. GIMP is free, but is really hard to use compared to FW, and Photoshop's really for photo editing instead of creating graphics.

as for MSPaint, don't even go there. if you're making a Mod, paint will give you nothing but intense pain and suffering!

as for editing the gun's statistics (firing rate, bink, ect) all you need is Notepad and a small knowledge in Hex and you should be fine.

i hope this helps!

PGT

Mäjsseli
May 3, 2006, 4:49 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Snipers_Shotfaq= locked!?

Ofcourse they are locked. Its for read. Not to write. They are like readme's

Snipers_Shot
May 3, 2006, 10:09 pm
uhh theres No posts exept 3!

SERIAL KILLeR
May 3, 2006, 11:01 pm
lol for some reason they have been archived.
you can still acces them here : http://www.soldatforums.com/forum.asp?archive=true&forum_id=58

Snipers_Shot
May 4, 2006, 10:10 pm
well cant you just tell me the file all the hats n stuff in????

SERIAL KILLeR
May 4, 2006, 11:17 pm
The gostek files? http://wiki.soldat.nl/Modding_gostek

Snipers_Shot
May 6, 2006, 2:16 am
yes ty! now i just need someone to make a longcoat for me replacing the hat if possible i want it black so i can use it on the soldat :D ty in advance

ArmadonRK
May 15, 2006, 3:38 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by PGTDigitalas for MSPaint, don't even go there. if you're making a Mod, paint will give you nothing but intense pain and suffering!

Uhm.. This is the craziest thing I have ever heard. Paint is hands down the best pixel for pixel editing program, and considering it's free, who needs anything else?
It's exceedingly simple to use, and ESPECIALLY for Soldat graphics it lacks nothing you could possibly need to make them.
Basically, for Soldat graphics, MS Paint=the win