( search forums )
cant play the game
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
skulux
April 22, 2006, 7:49 am
ya i cant play the game
dont you need an acount? so how u make one?
the manual kinda sucks
plus there are no "maps" lists to choose from in order to play

Eagles_Arrows
April 22, 2006, 11:58 pm
Umm...uhh...

[IMAGE]

Does your Soldat folder look like this?

Quote:dont you need an acount? so how u make one?
Not necessarily. Once you start the game, you can play under the alias of "Major" or "Soldier." You can change your name on the Player section of the game Menu. If you are talking about Profiles, only registered soldats can create profiles. Just use Default profile and click "OK."

Quote:the manual kinda sucks
Either that, or you don't understand it very well. I learned how to play from the Manual, and I must say, it is very helpful.

Quote:plus there are no "maps" lists to choose from in order to play
Note that in the picture above, you should have a "Maps" folder in your soldat folder. That's where all the maps are stored. If you don't have such a folder, then you can't play Soldat...

EDIT: That picture's just a screenie of my personal copy of Soldat. There are some files & folders there that do not come with the soldat package and they are:

-Any folder that has the word "Mappack"
-Folders: Deployment, MapMaker, Polyworks, Texture Splitter
-Any .bat files that has the word "Mod" in it, with the exception of modlauncher.bat

paramud
April 23, 2006, 12:18 am
Did you try opening the game up?
How far did you actually get?

Ozone
April 23, 2006, 12:29 am
First you download it. Then you start it up. Click OK. Clcik whateevr the next button is. At the menu you click the PLAYER tab. Choose your name. Choose your clothes. Choose your hair. Choose your default secondary weapons. Go back to th first tab. Go to the empty box. Choose your map. Choose your game type. Choose your bots. Play with the bots and learn TO ONLY SHOOT THE BOW MAN! GAH! Then go to JOIN GAME. Join a game with low ping.

And that is how you play soldat.

a-4-year-old
April 23, 2006, 12:59 am
first, install soldat.
than run the game.
than click ok (no account required)
play game
finally, give MM all of your money