( search forums )
Another People Can't Join thread
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
Smeep
April 22, 2006, 2:35 pm
Ok. I'm behind a router.
I have set up port forwarding (both server and client).
I have allowed soldat/soldat server access through firewall.
For some reason, people can not join outside of my lan. For instance, my GF next to me can go in to the join game section, and bang she can get straight in. But people outside the router (over the net) can not.

I just wanted someone who's got no problem connecting to remote games to test it out, just to see if people can get in. I'll leave the server running, I'll call it

testing for access

and could post back here and let me know if you can/can't connect, and what you reccommend.

By the way, is the latest version of the Server software shipped with SOldat? I patched soldat to 1.3.1 recently, but when I tried to patch the server, the DOS window just crashes.

Deleted User
April 22, 2006, 2:47 pm
......... how do we 'test' if you give us no server details? Chances are you didn't configure your router properly.

Oh, and you DO NOT put the dedicated server you downloaded from www.soldat.pl/down-s.html(dos server) into your Soldat game directory...

Smeep
April 22, 2006, 3:09 pm
Lol, I haven't.

What more details do you need to join? Surely all you gotta do is go to the join game bit, press request, organise it by name, selected "testing for access" and then press join?

If I'm wrong, please correct me :)

PureGrain
April 22, 2006, 3:32 pm
Well, if your saying people cannot join from outside your LAN then how are we supposed to see the name?

You need to give us the IP address and port number your using.

Smeep
April 22, 2006, 3:35 pm
They can see the name, sorry, it gets stuck at "requesting" from what I've been told.

The IP (If I go to IP chicken) is 88.110.1.190 and the port number is whatever the default one is... er...

Melange
April 23, 2006, 8:19 pm
I'm having the same problem. Are you using a NetGear router?

I have one at my Dad's house, and ports don't seem to forward on them. e. g. I forward the ports but the server IP is still 192.168.0.3 (Which is an internal IP)

Scratch that, people joined my server. :/

Smeep
April 25, 2006, 10:31 pm
Damn. Any idea what you did? I'm on a linksys

Anyway, I'm currently trying it externally. I'm at my parents house, and my gf is at ours, she has it all turned on and it is indeed hanging at requesting game.

Can you suggest some stupid things that I might have misseD? Port forwarding works for all my other apps.

I'll get a prnt scr of the port forwarding set up that I have so you guys can see it, but I can't do that right now as I'm not at home for a couple of days.