( search forums )
streamline zombie mode
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
Psyl3ntShad0w
April 24, 2006, 12:26 am
everyone knows zombie mode, one player starts as a zombie(chainsaw only) and everyone else starts out as a human(socom only) no nades. when you die you become a zombie.

I was wondering the possibility of making a sever script for this gamemode. perhaps a way to integrate death by chainsaw automatically moves you to the chainsaw team. then maybe a way to start the next round where the last human becomes the zombie automatically. maybe even a way to make it so that the weapon selection screen doesnt show up and you automatically get socom or chainsaw(probably would require more than server settings).

any thoughts on how it might be possible?

tangent - perhaps a way to integrate the kill/death log into arsse or something?

Eagles_Arrows
April 24, 2006, 1:46 am
waitwaitwait, I thought you were talking about Zombie CTF
Sounds good.

rabidhamster
April 24, 2006, 2:44 am
I like this, although the weapon arsenal for the non-zombie team should be the standard weapons menu the server has. Also, in server settings, the "max bots" for charlie team (zombies are delta) should represent the number of human players that start out as zombies. The last people to be zombified in a game are the first to be zombies in the next.

Psyl3ntShad0w
April 24, 2006, 4:07 am
actually, allowing all the human players to use the primary weapons makes it EXTREMELY difficult for the zombie player...which is why only socom and no nades are HIGHLY recommended.

what is this talk about "max bots"?

vash763
April 24, 2006, 8:10 am
Yah, he's not talking about Zombies like you're used to in Soldat (with a ton of bots), he's talking about how it's played in Halo 2 per say.

Where it is all humans.

Zegovia
April 24, 2006, 8:12 am
The game would then maybe end when all the players have turned into Zombies, or when the humans have survived for a sertain amouth of time....

To make things easier for the zombies, make em tough as hell!