( search forums )
Server Messages
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Elephant_Hunter
April 24, 2006, 4:46 am
The scripting features in the current remote admins are limited because there are no messages sent to them when a player kills another player.

My suggestion is simple... that the server sends this message to remote admins, but doesn't log it in the console log files (since kills are already logged.)

ex: "(A) Lunerfox killed (B) ElephantHunter with knife."

The letter in parentheses represents the teams (Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta.) Since the gamestat is only retrieved periodically, and sometimes bugs occur when changing teams, I recommend it.

Implementing this could save MM time by letting script writers create more advanced scripts. For example, they could easily write a script that kicks teamkillers.

FliesLikeABrick
April 24, 2006, 4:51 am
this is a great idea, one that I've been meaning to post about for a while. It would obviously be a toggleable feature in the soldat.ini and/or have it be possible to be enabled/disabled by the logged in admin (preferably off by default)

Michal Marcinkowski
April 24, 2006, 10:57 am
Yeah it's a nice idea.

Deleted User
April 24, 2006, 11:01 am
Consider it done. Though there is a problem with the gun names, if somone kills another player with the Stat Gun for example it will say whatever gun the player is holding rather than the Stat Gun, and same with Grenades/Clusters.

bja888
April 24, 2006, 3:45 pm
Depends on how its programmed.

Deleted User
April 24, 2006, 3:56 pm
Yes I know, my statement still stands.

FliesLikeABrick
April 24, 2006, 4:02 pm
EnEsCe, I've never seen that in all of my days of log parsing. I believe you may be thinking of the "bugs" surrounding the logging of suicides (where seemingly "random" weapons show up in logs when someone dies from /kill, spikes, or other non-weapon means)

"random" = they don't seem to make sense, but come from thigns such as the weapon they're holding, etc
"bugs" = not quite bugs, but not features

Deleted User
April 24, 2006, 4:13 pm
Im not talking about the kill logs, its too hard to explain what I meant without going into deep detail. I was just stating what happened when I put it to test.