( search forums )
Counter strike 1.6 is free?
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
Deleted User
April 24, 2006, 11:55 pm
http://games.softpedia.com/progDownload/Counter-Strike-Download-427.html

since when?

EDIT: o yah i fergt it comes with half life i think?

a-4-year-old
April 24, 2006, 11:59 pm
its not its a virus

Aegis
April 25, 2006, 12:12 am
The version for steam (1.6) cannot be played online without buying it. There used to be a method to bypass steam, but it no longer works. Anything claiming to let you play for free (i.e. Sixsteam) are scams or trojans designed to snatch any legal CD-Keys and account passwords you might have.

However, you might still be able to play the old version of CS for non-steam HL over a LAN connection.

It's so much easier to just get a proper steam account and buy the games, I think.

Deleted User
April 25, 2006, 1:42 am
Steam-Down worked for a while that let you have any steam game for free with only 1 valid cd key...i know i used it...then when valve threatened a lawsuit if he didnt comply to removing everything having to do with it and not continue further developement..after that happened i was .like...meh and bought the games which i now still play through steam

mar77a
April 25, 2006, 1:58 am
steam sux [CENSORED]

Deleted User
April 25, 2006, 2:38 am
hmmmmmmmmm are you sure that there isn't any cracked versions of steam left out there.......hint hint....... i was just wondering cus i'm using this kinda crappy computer so meh :( on my other computer i have steam and half life 2, with garry's mod and all....

FliesLikeABrick
April 25, 2006, 2:44 am
You're not allowed to discuss warez or anything on these forums. Anyone who does it again after posting here gets a 2 [or longer] day vacation from the forums