( search forums )
Two Q's - MP3 and Persistence
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Registration help and Shareware questions
Hootie hoo
April 25, 2006, 1:59 am
Hey, I have two questions, but I'm not entirely sure this is the right place for both.

Anyway, I first want to know...
If I reinstall Soldat, will I still be registered? Soldat stopped working after I downloaded the original version, and I found all of my mods were missing, which doesn't bother me as much as this question. I don't have my registration key, and I don't want to waste $9 (I don't get allowance or anything) if it's a fixable problem.

Secondly, how does the Soldat MP3 player work? I moved my favorite MP3's into the MP3 folder, but they didn't show up on the menu. Is there something else I have to do?

Thanks.

monogordo
April 25, 2006, 4:12 am
i can help you wit ur MP3 problem.....
Do u have Windows Media Player?? u can use Winamp...but Winamp is not me....
In windows media player(WMP) you can construct your own playlist by goin to the Media Libary tab and drag and drop your songs to the right. When your done, above your new-created list is the label "Now Playing List" and an arrow pointing down. Press the arrow. The very last option on the drop down menu is "Save Playlist As.." Go ahead and click that. It should bring up a Save As window....now in the location section, find your Soldat directory (more then likely under C:). Now BEFORE you press Save...there is a place under the name of your list. It should be labeled as Save As Type. press the arrow to drop down the menu and select M3U Playlist. and click save. Now, open Soldat and go to Options. Go to MP3 list and press the drop down menu, whatever you named ur playlist, should be there. Click it and your set.
any questions, be free to ask me.

Aegis
April 25, 2006, 5:02 am
You will still be registered until you manage to either format your computer or delete your windows registry.
MP3's have to be listed in an .M3U playlist, the playlist goes in the MP3 folder and it will then show up in the list.
You can use most common media players to assemble a playlist. Winamp, Windows Media Player, etc.

monogordo
April 25, 2006, 10:15 pm
yea...of course...forgot... u have to be registered to use the MP3s...
thanks aegis

rabidhamster
April 26, 2006, 2:06 am
Regarding the reg key-

Save that. Although you will still be registered if you reinstall (heck, you can even delete Soldat, it'll still be registered), it is important to put it somewhere. Currently, I have mine backed up on another computer, on a floppy, and on my web host. When you register Soldat, it adds that information into your computer's registry. The only way that can be cleared is by manually removing it, clearing your hard disk, or getting hacked (I believe).

Hootie hoo
April 26, 2006, 2:36 am
Thanks a lot!!
I appriciate it.