( search forums )
ctf_cobalt (updated)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
g-force9
April 25, 2006, 4:08 am
For once, I had the will to start and complete a map project. This is my first major map project (short of my first race mappack), and my first real ctf map.
Here is the overview:
[IMAGE]

Download link: [URL]
EDIT: The overview is the new version, and the download link has been updated. Lights are added by popular demand and some more polys were added aswell. Note that the waypoint count is circled, because I NEED WAYPOINTERS. pm me if you can waypoint this map.
And as of May 2:12 (forum time), the filelodge website is down, I tested the download link and it won't work and same for the overview, and same for getting in the filelodge website. Sorry for the inconvience. :(

Deleted User
April 25, 2006, 4:48 am
Wow I really like this map.
The texture is perfect for the map.
I like the way you added multiple routs to get to the flag.
But you don't have to include the following scenerys to the zip archive cause they are included with soldat:
crate.bmp
support.bmp
So you can just delete them from the zip file.

Aegis
April 25, 2006, 4:58 am
I really like the look of this map. Reminds me of something that would go well with the Mecha Soldat mod.
The only real flaws I can notice outright without testing it, is that there are a lot of straight areas that would be highly prone to camping.

Eagles_Arrows
April 25, 2006, 1:20 pm
I actually like this. The layout is great, actually. There are shading issues, though. Also, you know you can flip the scenery over, as well.

Flying_Dutchman
April 25, 2006, 2:06 pm
The layout is really awesome, thumbs up for that. The looks though, could be worked on. I can't really put my finger on what's wrong with looks, but I guess the map could use some more scenery like lights.

numgun
April 25, 2006, 5:20 pm
finally... *hugs g-force9*

bja888
April 25, 2006, 7:05 pm
I cant wait to see 32 people in it...

numgun
April 25, 2006, 9:17 pm
to bja888: wouldnt be too spectacular on this map... theres too many ways for that.

Pr0digy
April 25, 2006, 11:15 pm
lol numgun, whyed you say finally?

g-force9
April 26, 2006, 2:56 am
Okay, I have read your replies.
Aegis: I will add some polys that will make camping hard.

Eagle Arrows: I know I am not that expirenced in shading, it is really one of my the skills I lack.

Dutchman: I had some intent on adding lights but this was a 2 hour project. When I get some freetime (when I don't have homework) I'll add some lighting and some more scenery.

And numgun, ty for the hug.

Pr0digy
April 26, 2006, 3:31 am
@ G-Force(my reply for you): Lacks some good, custom scenery. Alot of good mappers dont have the skill of making professional scenery of their own, but the overall layout looks fun to play on, VERY original, you dont see to many maps like this these days, everyone has their mindset on the default maps "Oh, I must make my map look somewhat like this map to make it seem good" forget that, go with what you want, but make it professional =P.

David S7
April 26, 2006, 5:21 am
I agree with Flying Dutchman, it needs more scenery-gfx files like lights.

numgun
April 26, 2006, 8:37 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Pr0digylol numgun, whyed you say finally?

coz these scifi/space/futuristic themed maps are so [CENSORED]ing rare...
and g-force5 saved my day! ty again gf5! =D

David S7
April 26, 2006, 10:57 pm
Lol. I should try these types of maps, let's see if they are fun with many people :) .

HellHound
April 27, 2006, 3:13 am
wow reminds me of metroid . . . all those rooms (more places to run for my life yaay)

Koon
April 27, 2006, 4:57 am
I think lights would help, but the gameplay itself is great. The map is very well balanced.

Raptor
April 30, 2006, 1:38 am
Somehow, this map reminds me of the Matrix. Maybe because it is dark and complex...

Nice job!

divix
April 30, 2006, 10:25 am
nice map
cool idea

why i didnt thought of that map idea :)

Deleted User
May 2, 2006, 3:34 am
Digix your signature breaks the rules:
Only one image permitted.

Raptor
May 6, 2006, 12:49 am
^It doesn't matter anymore since this forum is falling apart and a new one will replace it. Just have fun..

DeMonIc
May 6, 2006, 9:59 am
Links are dead.

As for the forums, they are not falling apart. The transition should go smoothly, so I and the other moderators will not tolerate any rebellious behaviour.