( search forums )
Get points for killing EFC, returning Flag.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
RabidTreeFrog
April 25, 2006, 5:47 pm
Well, I think it would be a good idea if you got, say, 2-3 points for killing the EFC, and 5 points for returning the flag. For people who do these things often, they would finally get some credit.

Deleted User
April 25, 2006, 6:23 pm
No, then shooting the flag away and returning it would be abused...

RabidTreeFrog
April 25, 2006, 6:30 pm
Maybe (I dont know if this is possible) you would only get points if someone held the flaf since it was last at base. (Is this possible?)

rabidhamster
April 25, 2006, 7:51 pm
Yes, but I'm guessing the flag would have to remember another variable, HasBeenCarried. Whenever the flag is returned, this value is set to 0. Whenever it gets captured, it would be set to 1. Killing the flag carrier would not change the variable.

Krillious
April 25, 2006, 8:22 pm
I think points should be given just for killing the EFC because someone else might return it and get the points instead

Aegis
April 25, 2006, 11:11 pm
I like the idea of having an EFC kill worth an extra point (2) but 5 would be far too much. Scores would skyrocket from that alone.. you could easily get more points than an actual flag cap by hunting the EFC all the time.

Drink Bloody Water
April 25, 2006, 11:46 pm
Eh, Bring the return points down and i think it would be sensible. But I think 5 points is just too much. I'm not going against your idea though *thumbs up*!

Banksey
April 26, 2006, 1:00 am
but then if this was in you'd get no defense just aload of spawners esp is INF

David S7
April 26, 2006, 1:07 am
I say it should stay the same -.- . Though I like the idea of killing the EFC gives more credit.

RabidTreeFrog
April 26, 2006, 1:10 am
Okay, based on your suggestions, ill make some improvements.
2 points for killing efc.
3 points from returning flag.
Only in ctf.

Yeah, now that I think about it, the "return-flag" thing seems useless.

a-4-year-old
April 26, 2006, 1:34 am
 Quote:Originally posted by RabidTreeFrogOkay, based on your suggestions, ill make some improvements.
2 points for killing efc.
3 points from returning flag.
Only in ctf.
I approve.

bja888
April 26, 2006, 1:38 am
I though of this a long time ago. I don't know why I never posted it.

My opinion is that it should be based on time away. If the grab flag and you kill them then its just the one kill point. While if its been a stand off for like 10 min you get like 100 points for the return.

The Geologist
April 26, 2006, 1:39 am
You already get a point for killing the EFC. Just like any other enemy. No point when you should already be doing it.

Drink Bloody Water
April 26, 2006, 2:09 am
But its extra special Geologist, cause most of the time u gotta dodge and fire through 4 enemies just to kill the EFC.

MOFO NOFO
April 26, 2006, 3:27 am
Leave it the same.. There are so many capture attempts and fails that the person who kills the EFC would probebly win. and there would be more flag campers.

bja888
April 26, 2006, 1:44 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by MOFO NOFOLeave it the same.. There are so many capture attempts and fails that the person who kills the EFC would probebly win. and there would be more flag campers.

Quite the opposite! Stat whoes will be forced to go get the flag instead for defending it. and noobs don't know where points come from any way.

Like Bloody Water said. It really is a show of skill and you never get rewarded for it. I have plenty of demos on my computer where I have made every single return that lead to a capture. Its a team game and you have to give credit where credit is due.
Just ask and i'll start digging through the demos.

Zegovia
April 26, 2006, 1:49 pm
You do get a point for killing the efc... 1 frag! ^^

Ozone
April 26, 2006, 3:32 pm
Yeah, but usually when you're trying to kill the EFC there are about 4 people in front of you, every single one of them thinking "OMFG SHOOT TEH ENEMYZ HE WILL TEH RETURN ARGH BLAM" So if you somehow manage to kill the EFC before 4 enemys kill you its a good acheivment and deserves more then 1 point. To show your extra effort.

The Geologist
April 26, 2006, 5:11 pm
Does it really? Does everything deserve a cookie to go with it? As has been said, there are so many flag returns already, people snag the flag constantly...there's no pther point than people wanting a bigger score and another pat on the back. Someone constantly killing efs and others will be getting points for it anyway. I wonder how many people want this to improve otherwise weak k:d ratios...

Swarmer
April 26, 2006, 7:14 pm
That's why there should be a kill column and a points column. Kills = 1 * Kills, Points = 1 * Kills + 25 * caps + 2 * EFC Kills.

bja888
April 26, 2006, 7:44 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by The GeologistDoes it really? Does everything deserve a cookie to go with it? As has been said, there are so many flag returns already, people snag the flag constantly...there's no pther point than people wanting a bigger score and another pat on the back. Someone constantly killing efs and others will be getting points for it anyway. I wonder how many people want this to improve otherwise weak k:d ratios...

Since The Geologist does not want to be rewarded for his efforts. His post should go down with every post.

....better yet. He should never get over time pay or bonuses.

edak
April 26, 2006, 10:32 pm
I agree, kill ECF for +1 point

David S7
April 26, 2006, 11:05 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by edakI agree, kill ECF for +1 point

I agree also.
But I don't mind if it stays the same ;) .

Mr. Domino
May 7, 2006, 3:34 pm
Ideally, it'd work on a timer a la Hold The Flag.

Flag held 0 to 15 seconds = 0 points returner
Flag held 15 to 30 seconds = 1 point returner
Flag held 30 to 60 seconds = 2 points returner

... and so forth, capped at say five points. Score points for the FFC would be five plus one per each enemy killed, and are not awarded until a successful score (capped at 20). This would 1) stop flag camping from being productive, and 2) give the scorer points for deservedly evading the enemy, protecting the flag, and scoring, and not just being a score vulture.

It would be great if there could be some kind of threat system worked in to give credit for assist return kills -- ie., player A boosts up and scares down the EFC on Dropdown, allowing player B to finish the kill on the ground. Return points could be then split among those who have tagged the EFC five seconds before the kill.

Norris Scott
May 9, 2006, 12:56 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by OzoneYeah, but usually when you're trying to kill the EFC there are about 4 people in front of you, every single one of them thinking "OMFG SHOOT TEH ENEMYZ HE WILL TEH RETURN ARGH BLAM" So if you somehow manage to kill the EFC before 4 enemys kill you its a good acheivment and deserves more then 1 point. To show your extra effort.

Yes but likewise, I've been in situations against 5 enemies at once without the flag and have taken out one of them before being obliterated. Surely, by this logic, I should be rewarded extra for effort? If you're up against 4 enemies and take out the EFC with no one on your team to return said take-out, what's the specialness of it?

Not debating the topic itself, just this post. I like the idea of one extra point for taking out the EFC, but at the same time I dislike it because there are moments where stopping the EFC is one of the easiest things for me to do.

I get praised for killing the EFC all the time, and I give praise to those who do. Unless we can figure out a way for the game to figure out how much skill it took to take out the EFC before it decides how many points to give for it, common courtesy should be the reward for killing the EFC.