( search forums )
Comp help
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
UGK
April 25, 2006, 11:16 pm
So, I have this problem with my main comp where I play Soldat, CS, and other games. I was logging out of MSN. When my comp went into stand by mode by itself. Now, I can start it up, but the monitor acts like it's still in stand by mode. SO basically, I can start up my comp, but its in standby mode. Can anyone help?

Deleted User
April 26, 2006, 12:08 am
try moving the mouse.
Is there something sitting on your keyboard, make sure all keys are depressed and reboot.
Make sure the monitor is on and connected to the cpu.

UGK
April 26, 2006, 12:11 am
No, it's been like this for a few days now. I tryied rebooting and everything. Still, no results.

Drink Bloody Water
April 26, 2006, 2:23 am
Try rebooting in safe mode (by pressing F8) then rebooting again. Maybe that'll work.

Drink Bloody Water
April 26, 2006, 2:24 am
Try rebooting in safe mode (by pressing F8) then rebooting again. Maybe that'll work.

a-4-year-old
April 26, 2006, 2:46 am
we heard the first time,

did you take the computer away from the power source, or did you cheat and just turn it off?

the real way of rebooting is much better,

rabidhamster
April 26, 2006, 2:58 am
Is the monitor plugged in?

Edit to your computer?

Deleted User
April 26, 2006, 12:05 pm
wait....so its just the monitor thats on stand by mode? why dont you just turn off the monitor and then turn it back on 0_0

UGK
April 26, 2006, 7:27 pm
No, its like, when I turn it on, the whole comp acts like its on stand by mode and it do anything. I cant reboot because my monitor wont turn on. SO the whole thing is, my comp is basically on a permanent stand by mode and I cant dont anything about it. :/ And yes, everything is plugged in.

bja888
April 26, 2006, 7:48 pm
For those of us who keep our computer on all the time. Can you tell me what you mean by "stand by" mode.

Personally, my computer only shuts off the screen after 20 min.

UGK
April 26, 2006, 9:47 pm
Nvm I fixed it. I turned my comp off, opened it up, took god knows what out, cleaned it, put it back on, the comp started making weird noises, then 20 mins later, it works.