( search forums )
New Power up.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
MOFO NOFO
April 26, 2006, 3:34 pm
The next version of soldat !requires! a new power up. State your ideas here.

MOFO NOFO:
"Redeemer" mode (like in UT i think), when if someone kills you, they also die. but the powerup is time based.

"Sharp Shooter" mode, when you go over the box, all your bullets shoot straight.

"Nalpalm", a grenade that shoots clusters that disolve into explosive flame.

Psycho:
Kamikaze like death.
(mabye they blow up with the left over nades?)

The Geologist:

Speed - Your Soldat is a faster moving than others for 10-20 seconds. Not so fast you can't be shot, but fast enough to be dodging better and gain an advantage.

Eagle Eyes - Kinda weak, but it crossed my mind...this powerup basically gives you a scope-like field of view for a little while. Better for long ctf and infiltration maps.

Binkler - Reduces effects of bink and other aim-hindering stats for a limited amount of time, making for even deadlier weapons for those who can use them.

Rabidhampster:
Clone: gives you a dummy of yourself. Once you hit the nade key, the dummy appears where you are at that moment in time, holding the same weapon, wearing the same clothes, and weilding the same name (for when your cursor goes over it for instance). It would not appear in the player list, can be killed, and reacts to gravity (almost like the black bug bot). It just sits there, pretending to be you. If an enemy shoots it, it won't fight back (maybe it could stare at them though). After ninety seconds, it self destructs, by whatever means Michal wants. When the clone is killed, or dissapears, you will be notified.

iDante:
Infinite jetpack -- self explanatory
speedo -- more speed to everything, bullets, running, reload, everything
Genocide -- if you get a kill in the next clip without reloading you kill the entire enemy team. BZFlag has it
Laser -- Like flamer but with a large laser that fires one shot and you are invincible until you fire. it has perfect accuracy and infinite speed but you only get one shot. cant cap while invincible.

Deleted User
April 26, 2006, 4:05 pm
I'd rather see the person making a huge explotion or something when he dies :P

Deleted User
April 26, 2006, 4:36 pm
That sounds cool what psycho sayed :P

The Geologist
April 26, 2006, 5:36 pm
No offense but these both sounds horrible, not to mention a complete 180 from all other power ups in the game. I can't speak for everyone, but if I just finished killing someone the last thing I need is some lame powerup killing me for no reason whatsoever other than that I was the better player. If we're going to think of a power up, how about things thatactually "power up" the player? Like..

Speed - Your Soldat is a faster moving than others for 10-20 seconds. Not so fast you can't be shot, but fast enough to be dodging better and gain an advantage.

Eagle Eyes - Kinda weak, but it crossed my mind...this powerup basically gives you a scope-like field of view for a little while. Better for long ctf and infiltration maps.

Binkler - Reduces effects of bink and other aim-hindering stats for a limited amount of time, making for even deadlier weapons for those who can use them.

bond_james_bond
April 26, 2006, 9:26 pm
I dont like the ones that allow you to shoot straight or reduc bink

LeonSK
April 27, 2006, 8:54 am
We have enough power ups in Soldat IMO, but I guess having 1 or 2 more power ups wouldn't hurt...

MOFO NOFO
April 27, 2006, 12:09 pm
It is really one of the only things left to upgrade..

GluLm
April 27, 2006, 7:45 pm
I agree with The Geologist only. Plus these powerups could easily be implemented.
Nice ideas Geo.

rabidhamster
April 27, 2006, 9:02 pm
Clone: gives you a dummy of yourself. Once you hit the nade key, the dummy appears where you are at that moment in time, holding the same weapon, wearing the same clothes, and weilding the same name (for when your cursor goes over it for instance). It would not appear in the player list, can be killed, and reacts to gravity (almost like the black bug bot). It just sits there, pretending to be you. If an enemy shoots it, it won't fight back (maybe it could stare at them though). After ninety seconds, it self destructs, by whatever means Michal wants. When the clone is killed, or dissapears, you will be notified.

Deleted User
April 27, 2006, 9:07 pm
lol, like the team bug but whever you want? coool

rabidhamster
April 27, 2006, 9:14 pm
Yes! And although it took me a long time to explain it, it doesn't seem too hard, seeing that it's just a modification of the /addbot * bot.

The Geologist
April 27, 2006, 9:28 pm
Hmm..I doubt many people will like it (could be wrong), but personally I kinda like that idea. Would the clone be purely for decoy, or would it blowing up at the end of the time have the potential to kill? Kinda reminds me of people stuffing explosives in the dead during war..

iDante
May 17, 2006, 2:49 am
heh, clusters of cluster nades. A nade that when hits the ground releases more cluster nades and boom. That would be fun.
Genocide -- if you get a kill in the next clip without reloading you kill the entire enemy team. BZFlag has it
Laser -- Like flamer but with a large laser that fires one shot and you are invincible until you fire. it has perfect accuracy and infinite speed but you only get one shot. cant cap while invincible.

Deleted User
May 17, 2006, 3:43 am
 Quote:Originally posted by rabidhamsterClone: gives you a dummy of yourself. Once you hit the nade key, the dummy appears where you are at that moment in time, holding the same weapon, wearing the same clothes, and weilding the same name (for when your cursor goes over it for instance). It would not appear in the player list, can be killed, and reacts to gravity (almost like the black bug bot). It just sits there, pretending to be you. If an enemy shoots it, it won't fight back (maybe it could stare at them though). After ninety seconds, it self destructs, by whatever means Michal wants. When the clone is killed, or dissapears, you will be notified.

i like this and only this. although i doubt it will be added, i like it

Ultrninja
May 17, 2006, 4:25 am
we need a katana or shuriken power-ups
NINJA ATTACK FTW

CardBoardWarrior
May 17, 2006, 2:56 pm
Most of these are cool

rhide
May 17, 2006, 10:05 pm
I do espceially like the kamikaze, blow up yourself with the rest of your grenades! yeah!

bond_james_bond
May 17, 2006, 10:57 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by iDanteheh, clusters of cluster nades. A nade that when hits the ground releases more cluster nades and boom. That would be fun.

Jetpack - Good Idea... Except for maps that are open and allow you to fly right out of the stage

Speedo - Good idea- i guess. Depending on the speed though, some people would think you're hacking =P

Genocide - No. No. No. No. No. No. What the f*** is that? Would completely ruin the game and piss a lot of people off.

Laser - Pretty useless if you ask me.

eux0r
May 27, 2006, 1:26 pm
i think the ideas of geo are good, and the clone thing too, but all those *hyperpowerinvinceble* power ups are useless and just destroy the fun in the game...

divix
May 27, 2006, 1:46 pm
the coolest power-up will be infinite ammo for like 10-20 seconds

that will be awesome!!!

Fangus Deef
May 27, 2006, 5:22 pm
Seein' Far and Whatnot: The camera pulls back and you can see 50% more in every direction, making you in the middle of a 2x bigger box. You know, everything gets smaller...
I don't want this, I hope it never gets in the game, I just wanted to poo it out there.

Deleted User
May 28, 2006, 9:13 pm
Hmm since they have a flame god why not add other popular elements.

~Thunder God~
I cannon about the size of a minigun on screen. It's like a short range stun gun that instantly kills.

OR

When the bonus is collected, a electric shield form around your character allowing him to be invincible for like 30 secs. Think of it as like the star power-up from the mario games. Anything thattouches you instantly dies and can'r affect you.

lol ofcourse both can't be a bonus but it's just an idea I always had in mind.

TACKLEbeast666
May 28, 2006, 9:36 pm
clone is good, but make the clone go prone, so the enemies will think you're camping instead of recognize that it's a clone.

The_Revolution@ry
May 31, 2006, 5:03 pm
 Quote:When the bonus is collected, a electric shield form around your character allowing him to be invincible for like 30 secs. Think of it as like the star power-up from the mario games. Anything thattouches you instantly dies and can'r affect you.
I like this Idea, only it would be cooler [in my opinion] if it also caused your soldier to grow, and for some version of mario music to play. Also it might add more charecter to the power up if the soldiers would die like the enemies in mario...

Another idea for the clone thing would be for it to mimic your every movement, only be offset from you a few centameters and shoot at whatever you are shooting at. It would die when you die or it's health runs out... or it's life could be timed.

My other ideas:
-grenades that shoot out spikes in all directions when it exploads

-emp(electro magnetic pulse) grenade- a grenade that disables the enemie's jets depending on where they are in relationship to it. Also, the higher it is deployed, the greater area it will effect.

-Time Bandit [instead of "speedo"]- slowes down everything in the game by 1/2 or so, exept for you.[either we could make this so it would affect the other team or we could make it only availible in DM]

-or "strobe light"- causes a strobe light effect to confuse the enemy .[either we could make this so it would affect the other team or we could make it only availible in DM]

-Disguise- causes you to look like the other team for about 10 seconds [only in team games of course]

-nuclear waist barrel launcher- launches 1 barrel of nuclear waist that has a 1/2 life of about 2.5 seconds and becomes inaffective by 5-10 seconds. if any enemy walkes throught this sludge he will die at a rate relative to the innitial time that he walked through it. also we could have it splatter in some areas and be more concentrated where the barrel landed; thus the nearer you get to the barrel, the sooner you will die.

-suicide pack["killer sweater vest"]- you can activate this power up to cause an explosion of about 5 times [more or less] the explosion of a nade all a round you. Of course, it will kill you since all of the explosives were located in your nifty sweater vest.

-nocternal beast- makes the enemie's map darker and gives you and/or your team night vision... the person who got the pow gets to use his hands to tear the enemies heads off or whatever.

Zegovia
May 31, 2006, 5:34 pm
Self destruct: When player dies, Hell explode into a BIG explosion that kills anything near him..friend or foe....

Teleport: when player is close to death, hell respawn at a safe place, with the weapons, health, ammo unchanged...

Fortune: Projectiles will avoid the player for x number of seconds... Grenades and Close combat weapons (knife in melee and saw) will still work though...

edak
May 31, 2006, 10:17 pm
HAHAHA the clone suggesting was funny, otherwise I don't really like powerups so I don't think they are necessary.

T-Bone
June 6, 2006, 11:48 am
i really like all those ideas, except the scope one. Scope isnt to helpful with Short range weaponry

EDIT: I like justrude88's idea about the forcefield, but maybe it could be like Fox's shield off of super smash bros. and it would reflect all bullets back !