( search forums )
Wall jump
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
Tybs
April 26, 2006, 4:55 pm
Maybe this has been suggested before, im not sure about that... but today, i was dodging bullets and doing backflips like crazy again, and suddenly there is that wall i bump into. This happens more often, and now i was thinking... wouldnt it be nice if there was some way to push urself away from the wall (using ur legs), to have an accelerated start of getting away? I know soldat is no ninja-like game, but if a soldat can make a backflip, then simply pushing his legs into the wall to jump away shouldnt be much of a problem to him...

bja888
April 26, 2006, 5:37 pm
mario 64 style...

RabidTreeFrog
April 26, 2006, 7:54 pm
Hm... This would be GREAT for climb maps!

rabidhamster
April 26, 2006, 8:23 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by RabidTreeFrog WHO STOLE MEH NAMEHm... This would be GREAT for climb maps!

All previous climb maps would be very easy.

robomaeyhem
April 26, 2006, 9:03 pm
i have actually done it before... but its hard to do

bond_james_bond
April 26, 2006, 9:23 pm
I dont know... There just seems to be a lot of issues and porblems with this idea. Right now, Im just thinking of how soldat would look with people jumping off walls everywhere...

edak
April 26, 2006, 10:15 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by bond_james_bondI dont know... There just seems to be a lot of issues and porblems with this idea. Right now, Im just thinking of how soldat would look with people jumping off walls everywhere...

It would look like you're playing MS pinball

bja888
April 27, 2006, 3:56 am
 Quote:Originally posted by edak Quote:Originally posted by bond_james_bondI dont know... There just seems to be a lot of issues and porblems with this idea. Right now, Im just thinking of how soldat would look with people jumping off walls everywhere...

x32 balls

David S7
April 27, 2006, 4:31 am
Just backflip dude; no need to be pushed from the wall.

Tybs
April 27, 2006, 12:33 pm
Problem is, more than often i land into a wall áfter i did a backflip. And the advantage doesnt need to be huge, it should just be a small startup-boost, so u wont be able to jump from wall to wall, but just be able to dodge that single m79 nade or barret shot thats coming at u. A small button combo (left-right-click for example) should do the trick. Only working when u land with ur feet into the wall, of course.

HYPERFUNKBOT
April 27, 2006, 10:39 pm
Not a huge jump, not even as big as the default jump, just a change in the direction you're moving.

David S7
April 27, 2006, 11:01 pm
Well, that could work.

bond_james_bond
April 28, 2006, 12:53 am
 Quote:Originally posted by bja888 Quote:Originally posted by edak Quote:Originally posted by bond_james_bondI dont know... There just seems to be a lot of issues and porblems with this idea. Right now, Im just thinking of how soldat would look with people jumping off walls everywhere...

x32 balls

Which means this is a bad idea. My decision is set.

bja888
April 28, 2006, 2:08 am
 Quote:Originally posted by bond_james_bond Quote:Originally posted by bja888 Quote:Originally posted by edak Quote:Originally posted by bond_james_bondI dont know... There just seems to be a lot of issues and porblems with this idea. Right now, Im just thinking of how soldat would look with people jumping off walls everywhere...

x32 balls

Which means this is a bad idea. My decision is set.

Because if you ever encounter anything with 32 balls you are screwed. (ohhh, hidden meaning :))

numgun
April 28, 2006, 6:46 am
c,mon! this is very useful! why?
have u played and u got dumped against a wall with no jets and reloading? and its only a matter of second until u fall down and get slaughtered. but wall jump can make things interesting! the battle continues and u might even get u chance to win!
the most exciting would be knife matches, more speedy dodging!

I SUPPORT!!!!!1

btw, [CENSORED] the climbing maps, u can make even challenging climbing maps with this feature!
think again ; )

--Jake--
April 28, 2006, 3:21 pm
I say no to this idea. Instead of backflipping into the wall try pushing the other direction and moving away from the wall?

-VzX- Silverflame
April 28, 2006, 4:16 pm
how bout using whats givin to u, backflips and jets <_<

Tybs
April 28, 2006, 4:54 pm
U know that u cant always "choose" in what direction to backflip... when fighting some m79 guy, u often have to do a quick backflip dodge. This gives no time to change direction first... this would be stupid anyway, for u dodge right into his arms. If u dont agree with the suggestion, thats fine, but please give a real reason why it should nót get implemented.
Wont be reading it until next week though, for im leaving on holiday soon.

MOFO NOFO
April 28, 2006, 6:06 pm
i can do this already if the wall aint COMPLETELY vertical :)

Deleted User
April 29, 2006, 10:15 am
I agree with MOFO NOFO

BooBoo McBad
April 29, 2006, 7:12 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by numgunc,mon! this is very useful! why?
have u played and u got dumped against a wall with no jets and reloading? and its only a matter of second until u fall down and get slaughtered. but wall jump can make things interesting! the battle continues and u might even get u chance to win!
the most exciting would be knife matches, more speedy dodging!

I SUPPORT!!!!!1

btw, [CENSORED] the climbing maps, u can make even challenging climbing maps with this feature!
think again ; )

If you get caught in a situation like that, you suck, and deserve to die =)

Vampire Slayer Galford
May 6, 2006, 6:05 pm
That would make all ninja ofcourse i thought half vampire slayer half ninja would be cool thats why this is nick

pepper
May 9, 2006, 10:18 pm
Nah, this sounds kinda dumb. I have never been in such situation. This is an infantry game, not a ninja game.

Leo Da Lunerfox
May 10, 2006, 3:22 am
You can actually do a double backflip off a wall if the wall is slanted just a tiny bit if it is sloped negatively. Just backflip, turn around, and right as you hit the ground backflip again to do a really quick double backflip.

Deleted User
May 10, 2006, 5:28 pm
Umm, hell why not.

But I do NOT want this to turn into a 2d gunz.