( search forums )
Hold The Flag
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
shoover
April 27, 2006, 5:48 pm
Well, it was nice that 1.3 offered the hold the flag game. Except one thing.. No1's using it.

Maybe its the lack of servers, i dunno, do you guys still like HTF? Because right now me and Flies have HTF servers that are up most of the time.

Keron Cyst
April 27, 2006, 6:15 pm
HTF pwns. I think the beta-team had a terrible concept of HTF. Many of the maps' layouts I disagree with. Its maps need to be styled more in vein of htf_SuperPants.

(I'm not trying to advertise; SuperPant's really what I believe HTF should be like?why else did I draw up that level design??even DeMonIc agrees)

So, to solve that for now ("for now" because maps take a while to make), I propose allowing maps like Arena to be selected in the HTF maplist, because HTF to me is basically a slightly different team-version of PointMatch (which rocks).

Krillious
April 27, 2006, 6:58 pm
Can you tell me the IP of these servers, I have been looking for an HTF game in ages

shoover
April 27, 2006, 7:59 pm
well heres mine, in about 3-4 hours i will get it up:

24.12.121.227:24444

chicago.u13.net something is the other HTF server, i dunno ask flieslikeabrick or goto u13.net

bond_james_bond
April 27, 2006, 8:28 pm
Back when 1.3 was realeaed, there were a few laggy servers =\

Leo
April 27, 2006, 9:41 pm
I had one but it was running empty most of the time. The truth is that the majority of players just do not like HTF mod.

zyxstand
April 27, 2006, 10:23 pm
i just don't understand why there have to be separate maps for htf... it's not like pointmatch requires any form of specific layout and it also uses a yellow flag. Surely, there are maps for htf that are actually layed out such that the two teams are on a side, but maps like htf_boxed are not so mapwise oriented.

Deleted User
April 29, 2006, 12:04 am
Filters: Hold the Flag
There isn't many, but there are a few.

Keron Cyst
April 29, 2006, 12:21 am
 Quote:Originally posted by zyxstand... there are maps for htf that are actually layed out such that the two teams are on a side...
And such maps shouldn't exist. That's not what HTF should be used for; it ought to be for PointMatch (that is, DM) maps.

Krillious
April 29, 2006, 12:55 am
The only servers with HTF are too laggy for me and they are usually empty

The Geologist
April 29, 2006, 12:56 am
This is why I tried to make the spawns random in some of my htf maps...so that no team has specific "side".

I'm about to graduate...I will have NOTHING to do over the summer in about two weeks. It will be a brief return to mapping and hopefully I can make an interesting htf map or two.

David S7
April 29, 2006, 1:05 am
I think I have never played HTF :S .

a-4-year-old
April 29, 2006, 1:30 am
i played with bots when 1.3 came out so i knew something about it, and since then, i dont think i have played with more than 4 people.

i looked, but there was u13 emty, and no other dedicated servers.

shoover
April 29, 2006, 5:26 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Keron Cyst Quote:Originally posted by zyxstand... there are maps for htf that are actually layed out such that the two teams are on a side...
And such maps shouldn't exist. That's not what HTF should be used for; it ought to be for PointMatch (that is, DM) maps.

u ever played JK 2?

Do it like them, use ALL maps as a htf option. it would be pretty cool.