( search forums )
Map maker just not working
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Help / Resources
Cubeboy
April 28, 2006, 5:20 am
I have everything.. The map maker file is in the right place, soldat directory, i have direct x 9 and 24bpp color, all the correct files are installed and in the right places. But the map maker will not work. Dont ask for a screenie i have traded and compared with a current map maker and the screens are the same. the color and direct x are there. Is there something hidden that messes or affects the map maker that i missed in my check? any ANY ideas please tell me.

David S7
April 28, 2006, 5:36 am
That's weird.
Hey you can also try another map maker like PolyWorks. You can see info of it here.
It's a really famous map maker. I recommend it a lot. Thanks Anna Zajaczkowski :) .

Keron Cyst
April 28, 2006, 6:20 pm
What do you mean by "the map maker will not work?" What error does it show when you try to run it?

Cubeboy
April 29, 2006, 12:54 am
It says:
"error initializing 3-d hardware, additional software will be used"
then
"error, to run this you need direct x 8+ and a 16, 24, or 32 bpp desktop"
But i have a 24 bpp, and direct x 8. The thing also is tho soldat only works for me big screen, dedicated server in small or big, im tryin combinations. Is there a setup or something im missing? Cause i checked with my friend and i have it all...

Aegis
April 29, 2006, 1:12 am
You don't have soldat open in the background do you? If you do, you must open the mapmaker first, because soldat and the default mapmaker conflict while trying to grab the screen device with Direct X.

Cubeboy
April 29, 2006, 5:32 pm
I think i found the problem. The directx is right, and the bpp desktop is right. The only problem is the method of opening and using it. I cant use regular soldat small screen. It wont work. But when i let it take up the whole screen it works fine. By that i mean it temporarily shrinks the screen so the would be normal size soldat takes up the entire screen. If i could get the map maker to do that i think itd work. And i always run the map maker and soldat without any other program, save msn xfire or aim.